Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-03-2013   #1061
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

In the 4th RD the Dallas Cowboys select ...

Chris Faulk, OT, LSU

1. Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
2. Jamie Collins LB Southern Miss
3. Kniles Davis RB Arkansas
4. Chris Faulk OT Louisiana State
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013   #1062
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post

Chris Faulk, OT
There he goes.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013   #1063
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Steelers select Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013   #1064
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Chris Faulk, OT, LSU

1. Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
2. Jamie Collins LB Southern Miss
3. Kniles Davis RB Arkansas
4. Chris Faulk OT Louisiana State
You son of a .......he was my next pick!
Old 04-03-2013   #1065
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We shall see. A lot goes into scheme and coaching. So which team a player goes to could make all the difference.
This is absolutely true.

Quote:
Williams has pass rush ability. He would not be considered for a 34 DE if he didn't
than just a one gap NT. He is more diverse than that. Blasphemy!
He had one sack last year. ONE! 3/4 DE's generally aren't good pass rushers. You can go look at any scouting report out there and they are all basically the same as what I said in previous post. He is not considered a good pass rusher.

Quote:
Bama LBers got most of there attention and recognition when Jesse Williams walked on to campus. More so than Dareus.
Are you saying he was better at Bama than Darious? If you are you are wrong.

Quote:
I'm wrong at Times, rarely to be honest. But ill come eat my crow and give kudos to the short pick if he says what you say he is.
Better come on an empty stomach!

Quote:
But don't water down Williams to boost short that is far from the truth.
He is a good run plugging DL who can command double teams because of his really good strong bull rush. That's not putting him down, thats just telling it like it is. He is good and deserves to be drafted early in the second round, but he does not have the ceiling/talent that Short has. However I would also say he has a higher floor that Short has.
Old 04-03-2013   #1066
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

On the clock at 7:00 A.M.

19 116 New York Giants - htownfan32 -

notified

20 117 Chicago - Dutchrudder -
21 118 Cincinnati - Corrosion -
22 119 Washington - SteelBTexan -
23 120 Minnesota - NCTexan -
24 121 Indianapolis - Rey -
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013   #1067
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm ready to make my pick.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013   #1068
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
This is absolutely true.

He had one sack last year. ONE! 3/4 DE's generally aren't good pass rushers. You can go look at any scouting report out there and they are all basically the same as what I said in previous post. He is not considered a good pass rusher.

Are you saying he was better at Bama than Darious? If you are you are wrong.

Better come on an empty stomach!

He is a good run plugging DL who can command double teams because of his really good strong bull rush. That's not putting him down, thats just telling it like it is. He is good and deserves to be drafted early in the second round, but he does not have the ceiling/talent that Short has. However I would also say he has a higher floor that Short has.

I think you just agreed and disagreed with me all at the same time lol
Good sports banter
We shall see
No I would not take Williams over Dareus but its not like Dareus is lighting up the NFL
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013   #1069
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is Vacarro rated so highly?

I've watched him play and I don't get it.

I'd want no parts of him and I think there are much better players who are ranked behind him...even at the position he plays....
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013   #1070
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Why is Vacarro rated so highly?

I've watched him play and I don't get it.

I'd want no parts of him and I think there are much better players who are ranked behind him...even at the position he plays....
Thi is what I see.

He's good, but not a top 20-30 pick like most have him rated.

When I'm thinking of a top 15 S, players like Reed, Polamalu,Sean Taylor come to mind. I see Vaccaro as more Glover Quin than those guys. Good, but certainly not worth a top 15 type pick.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013   #1071
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to go to a funeral this morning .... I hope to be back in time to make my cincy pick but Im not prepared to do so right now .... If I dont make it back before the time expires .... Im looking at the secondary.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013   #1072
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I have to go to a funeral this morning .... I hope to be back in time to make my cincy pick but Im not prepared to do so right now .... If I dont make it back before the time expires .... Im looking at the secondary.
Thoughts and Prayers

Stay strong for your wife/family.

Let me know if I can help in any way.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013   #1073
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

The NYG select Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno St.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013   #1074
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
The NYG select Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno St.
You're cutting it close!

I think you get good value for the pick.
He tested well in the agility department; if that part shows up better in his play, it could be a decent steal in the draft.
Old 04-03-2013   #1075
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 117th pick in the 2013 TT Mock Draft, da Bears select:

Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina

The Bears need another linebacker to help fill the void of Brian Urlacher and Nick Roach. Reddick has the pass rushing ability to get to the QB if needed, so he may play on the outside instead of in the middle. In any case, he's a talented guy to get at this point in the draft so I couldn't pass him up.
Old 04-03-2013   #1076
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You're cutting it close!

I think you get good value for the pick.
He tested well in the agility department; if that part shows up better in his play, it could be a decent steal in the draft.
hahaha unfortunately I am. Good thing I checked my email when I woke up, otherwise I would have forgotten entirely.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013   #1077
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 49199 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You're cutting it close!
Looks like whoever is on the clock at 7 AM never picks before 10:50. Getting more picks 7-11 PM than AM.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013   #1078
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Looks like whoever is on the clock at 7 AM never picks before 10:50. Getting more picks 7-11 PM than AM.
Yeah, but now we'll have to wait for corrosion.
He might not be back in time and hinted that he'd like for us to look at the secondary just in case, and I'm assuming safety.

There are still some very good value out there - at least 4 or 5 of them.
Old 04-03-2013   #1079
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

The Bears need another linebacker to help fill the void of Brian Urlacher and Nick Roach. Reddick has the pass rushing ability to get to the QB if needed, so he may play on the outside instead of in the middle. In any case, he's a talented guy to get at this point in the draft so I couldn't pass him up.
I think he will do well with the Bears.
Old 04-03-2013   #1080
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

He's great value at this point in the draft. If he had fallen to my next pick I may have taken him from a value stand point alone. He has the ability to do extremely well in the NFL if he can put it all together a little bit more.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read