Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-02-2013   #1041
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
No way bro .... that would cut into my fishing expeditions and that aint happening. Ive got a 3 day 2 night trip planned for June along the Colorado river outside Bastrop and a 5 day four night trip along the Devils River planned for July. Just me , the kayak , my fishing pole and the river (and my boys).

Fair enough ... thing is , I believe every one of the players I chose so far can "take over a game". In part , the upside is why I took many of them in the spots I did .... as for the overall exercise , I agree with ya.
Dobson I don't know much so I won't speak much but I would rather a different guy

Short I do like just not at 27 maybe go WR there

Rogers I do like but I just don't see him being a Texan. A lot of risk in the pick but I do see the potential

Washington... I'd rather not. All hype

No one cared about this guy until he went through the combine process and measured out well.

Out on the tape... I don't see much.

I see more Jenkins, more Ogletree and Rambo.

Jones too but I don't like Jones either.

I would not draft Washington or Jones and I have watches a lot of Georgia bulldog football.
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #1042
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Just realized that I was up for Miami. That's what I get for debating traffic laws in the NSZ. Give me one minute.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #1043
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Up next:

14 111 Miami - TexansSeminole -

15 112 Tampa Bay - Ndevine7 -
16 113 St. Louis - RT22 -
17 114 Dallas - RockNRandy -
18 115 Pittsburgh - HonoringEarl -
19 116 New York Giants - htownfan32 -
20 117 Chicago - Dutchrudder -[/quote]
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #1044
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
Dobson I don't know much so I won't speak much but I would rather a different guy

Dobson has the same size and measurables as Rogers and has fly paper for hands - 0 drops. He catches everything thrown his way. Small school guy .... but the potential is limitless.

Quote:
Short I do like just not at 27 maybe go WR there
I felt like I was held hostage on that pick to be honest. I knew there was value deeper in the draft at other positions of need. Just look at my next two for confirmation.

Quote:
Rogers I do like but I just don't see him being a Texan. A lot of risk in the pick but I do see the potential
I doubt the Texans take a gamble on him .... but I see him as the best WR prospect in this draft class. Getting the best WR in the ass end of the 2nd felt like a steal to me. Just watch the highlight video I posted earlier .... He looks like a man among boys against elite SEC teams such as LSU and Bama.

Quote:
Washington... I'd rather not. All hype

No one cared about this guy until he went through the combine process and measured out well.

Out on the tape... I don't see much.
Washington played out of position at Georgia ... I was onto him long before the combine tho his performance there confirmed what I saw before which is an elite pass rusher from the OLB position. Yes he has warts especially in containing the run .... Barwin will definately be missed but this guy has the potential to replace and upgrade Barwin if they can coach him up in holding the edge Vs the run.

Quote:
I see more Jenkins, more Ogletree and Rambo.

Ogletree was gone before my first selection and had he been there would likely have been my pick .... which changes the entire draft from that point on.

Jenkins was gone at 35 and would have been my plan B had I went with another position in round 1. He wouldnt have made it to me at #57.

Had we went with the option to trade picks , I probably would have gone a different route (though I believe I would have taken Rogers at 57 regardless).

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #1045
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Dolphins take...

Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
Old 04-02-2013   #1046
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
The San Diego Chargers select...

Terry Hawthorne - CB, Illinois

San Diego really needs help at CB after losing Antoine Cason and Quentin Jammer this offseason. Hawthorne offers great size at the position at 6'0, 195 lbs. He also ran a 4.4 at the combine and performed well at the East-West Shrine Game. He is one of the more underrated DB's coming into this draft and has been one of the better players on the Illinois defense for the past few years.
You got the guy I wanted to draft for the Redskins.

Oh well back to the drawing board.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #1047
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85909 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Dobson has the same size and measurables as Rogers and has fly paper for hands - 0 drops. He catches everything thrown his way. Small school guy .... but the potential is limitless.
One of my favorite WR's in the draft.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #1048
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85909 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Dolphins take...

Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
Debated on him or Jordan Reed with my last SF pick.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-02-2013   #1049
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Debated on him or Jordan Reed with my last SF pick.
I would have gone Reed but this works out for Miami because Kelce is more well-rounded, which is what they need.
Old 04-02-2013   #1050
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
You got the guy I wanted to draft for the Redskins.

Oh well back to the drawing board.
Call it payback for taking Amerson earlier...

- The Immortal Bo
Old 04-02-2013   #1051
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Up next:

15 112 Tampa Bay - Ndevine7 -

20 117 Chicago - Dutchrudder -
[/quote]

Ndevine7 has been notified.
Old 04-02-2013   #1052
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Looks like Short has been trimming down.
His weight went down at the Senior Bowl (308) from his normal playing weight (320) it went down further at the combine (299) and then at his Pro Day (303).

The good thing with Short is that he looked better toward the end of the season, at the Senior Bowl week and at his Pro Day.
Old 04-02-2013   #1053
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

With their 4th round pick the Tampa Bay Bucs select Nick Kasa TE Colorado
Old 04-02-2013   #1054
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
One of my favorite WR's in the draft.
Had Rogers not been there , I would have taken him ahead of Swope , Hunter , Wheaton , Patton , Woods & Williams (Baylor).

Dobson is the real deal. Size , speed , ability to seperate and probably the best hands in the entire draft.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #1055
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndevine7 View Post
With their 4th round pick the Tampa Bay Bucs select Nick Kasa TE Colorado
Interesting prospect.
We'll see if he can develop as a pass catcher.
Old 04-02-2013   #1056
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Up next:

RT22 has been notified.

20 117 Chicago - Dutchrudder
Old 04-03-2013   #1057
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Short I like but gee 1st RD. I would honestly rather Jesse Williams

Jesse Williams SEC beast. Played football I believe 3 years and since he walked into Tuscaloosa he was the the best DLman they had. A former rugby player who is freaky stout and freaky strong.
Williams is a NFL player who can be above average and be a pro bowler just off talent
Short not so much.
Jesse Williams is one deminsional,2-gap NT who can eat up double teams and stand his ground. He brings nothing as a pass rusher. Will be on the side lines on passing downs. He will be a solid NT but nothing spectacular.

Kawaan Short has powerful hands and uses them well and has a nice combination of quickness and strength. He is strong at the point of attack and is a stout run defender. Because of his quick get off on the LOS he is good at shooting gaps which makes him an excellent penetrator. He sheds OL and has a quick burst to make tackles.

Short has 10X the talent that Williams has and if he puts it all together could be a steal at 27.

Quote:
That's what makes the draft so exciting.
We could look back and see who was no point and who was way off.
Look back and laugh
Post a couple of pics of crow
Make a couple of jokes
Couple of who's your daddy
And then before we know it. . . 2014 draft talk
Me thinks you are going to be seeing pics of crows for this post. Oh yen and a for sure a who's your daddy from me.
Old 04-03-2013   #1058
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected

With pick #113 the Rams select Zaviar Gooden OLB Missouri.
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013   #1059
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the pick #113 the Rams select Zaviar Gooden OLB Missouri.
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013   #1060
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Jesse Williams is one deminsional,2-gap NT who can eat up double teams and stand his ground. He brings nothing as a pass rusher. Will be on the side lines on passing downs. He will be a solid NT but nothing spectacular.

Kawaan Short has powerful hands and uses them well and has a nice combination of quickness and strength. He is strong at the point of attack and is a stout run defender. Because of his quick get off on the LOS he is good at shooting gaps which makes him an excellent penetrator. He sheds OL and has a quick burst to make tackles.

Short has 10X the talent that Williams has and if he puts it all together could be a steal at 27.

Me thinks you are going to be seeing pics of crows for this post. Oh yen and a for sure a who's your daddy from me.
We shall see. A lot goes into scheme and coaching. So which team a player goes to could make all the difference but I would bet Jesse Williams is a better pro than Short.

Williams has pass rush ability. He would not be considered for a 34 DE if he didn't
than just a one gap NT. He is more diverse than that. Blasphemy!

He projects to a 34 NT but he can be as 34DE 43 DT. He can be the piece where a team can run a hybrid front.

That's complete crap man.

Williams is constantly double team, and he beats the double team, collapses the pocket, or moves the QB, drives the RB east or West.

You honestly think its just the LBers at Bama that are so darn good.

Bama LBers got most of there attention and recognition when Jesse Williams walked on to campus. More so than Dareus.

Proof is in the pudding, this guy has dominated elite talent for 2years, when he knew nothing of the sport or football.

I'm wrong at Times, rarely to be honest. But ill come eat my crow and give kudos to the short pick if he says what you say he is.

But don't water down Williams to boost short that is far from the truth.
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read