Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-01-2013   #941
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Give it time to sink in
Old 04-01-2013   #942
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
What , no complaints about this pick ?!?!
Wait, what happened here? I'm a little lost.

Who's picking CW?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #943
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
With the 95th pick in the NFL Mock Draft (Corrosion) the HOUSTON TEXANS select Cornelius Washington, OLB, Georgia.
F it; I missed this one !
Old 04-01-2013   #944
76Texan
Hall of Fame

How the hell did I miss it?
Old 04-01-2013   #945
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I very much like this pick, Cornelius Washington-OLB didn't get featured in that Georgia defense but he's got great measurables and great speed. He might be a little raw, but all rookies are and he'll get time to learn.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #946
76Texan
Hall of Fame

I was thinking about him for a freaking long time.
I was thinking we can move him to SILB.
I was watching his tapes since last night (not that I haven't seen him before.)

This is pretty crazy, LOL!
Old 04-01-2013   #947
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man, I hate that guy. He's the softest player in college football. He should be playing women's handball where all they do is hug. I hope he's paying us to be on the team. He should count for negative cap space he's so bad.

Is that better?

But in all seriousness, it's a good pick.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #948
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Washington is solid. We need talent at the position, so I am happy with it. It's so hard to tell who will pan out of these middle rounds. Usually, you have guys that do something very well but have some other deficiency that is hard to predict.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #949
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've got a list from Blake for the 96th pick, it included

Maliciah Goodman DE/OLB Clemson
Nico Johnson ILB Alabama
Devin Taylor DE/OLB South Carolina
Alvin Bailey OG/OT Arkansas
He already took Alex Okafor-OLB in the 2nd round. From a value standpoint Logan Ryan-CB is still available and considered a late 2nd or early 3rd prospect. I think Alvin Bailey-OG would be good value here as well. Also Oday Aboushi-OT is good value here regardless of what CBS has to say.

JMO.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #950
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108350 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
He already took Alex Okafor-OLB in the 2nd round. From a value standpoint Logan Ryan-CB is still available and considered a late 2nd or early 3rd prospect. I think Alvin Bailey-OG would be good value here as well. Also Oday Aboushi-OT is good value here regardless of what CBS has to say.

JMO.
If Logan Ryan is available, you take him. Rutgers guy, IIRC... he was in man to man quite a bit this season. Good player, steal in this round.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #951
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lets talk about your draft.

Rd.1 Short = 10 yr NT problem solved
Rd.2 D.Rodgers = Top WR/ Top 10-15 player in this draft.
Rd. 3 Dobson = Big fast WR that has really good hands. Route running needs work. He's a much better version of Jacoby. Rodgers + Dobson = Weapons for Schaub/WR position answered for the next 10 yrs.

Rd.3 Washington is one of the most athletic OLB/DE's in this draft. Big/Powerful/Fast off the ball. He was used the way he was in college because he was the most versatile LB on a very talented Ga. LB corps. Washington has the ability to step in and start day 1 at the SAM. Reed could move to the middle and the LB Corps would only need to add a LB late in the draft for depth purposes Knott/Wort are 2 of my favorites.

I like Washington as much as Mercilus if not more. Washinton seems to be more well rounded. Your thoughts? Could a trade up in the real draft happen to ensure both Dobson & Washington?

This would fill 4 of the 5 holes that badly need filling and the S/CB positions are deep so you can add a 3rd CB/S later in the draft. So yeah, I like how you've drafted a little bit.

Check out my Cards/Redskins drafts and tell me what you think. Cards is better, but the Skins have added badly needed depth to the secondary. There are 4 players I've got very highly rated and I bet you get 3 out of the4 in this mock. The Redskins will be drafting 1-2 of those guys. LOL

Last edited by steelbtexan; 04-02-2013 at 12:16 AM.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #952
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not really a complaint but I would of taken Kiko. His coverage and blitzing abilities fit this defense perfectly. I like Washington but there seems to be several guys with his attributes that should still be available in the next couple of rounds. Micheal Buchanan for one. If not for a broken jaw this year he could of possibly been a first or second day pick.

Still would not be unhappy at all with this haul.

P.S. I also would have considered one of the top QB's at this spot.
Old 04-02-2013   #953
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the Texans would take Ryan
I'm surprised too see they didn't
If this were the true outcome in late April
I would be devastated
Sobbing in the fetal position
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #954
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
I thought the Texans would take Ryan
I'm surprised too see they didn't
If this were the true outcome in late April
I would be devastated
Sobbing in the fetal position
Ryan?
Old 04-02-2013   #955
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I'm thinking Meg Ryan
Old 04-02-2013   #956
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Ryan?
I'm guessing Logan Ryan.
Old 04-02-2013   #957
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm guessing Logan Ryan.
Ryan Nassib maybe?
Old 04-02-2013   #958
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we making a consensus pick for the Jags? I made the last pick at about 3PM yesterday...
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #959
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108350 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I vote Logan Ryan for the Jags.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #960
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Seems like a good pick to me. Lets wait until 8:00 or 8:30.

He had Alvin Bailey on his list, who also would be a good pick.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read