Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-01-2013   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why the Texans won't draft your favorite wide receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm hoping the Texans pick up Cordell Robinson from SFA. They were one of two teams interested in him at SFA's pro day last week.

Robinson reminds me a lot of Andre Johnson. The same physical build, the same clutch catches over/around defenders, and he's not a vocal guy but prefers to lead by example on the field. I think they could really groom this kid with A.J. as his mentor.
I remember him now; the guy is definitely worth a look.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Cordell Roberson is a likely UDFA pickup, according to Gil Brandt. Supposedly, 23 NFL teams were represented at the SFA pro day. The Texans might have some competition for Roberson.
Roberson! Thanks for the correction. I always have it in my head as Robinson.

My son is a sr. with him, and said two teams showed a lot of interest in Roberson at their pro day, taking the time to interview him and have him fill out some paperwork. The Texans were one of those two teams.

I figured he'd either get drafted late, if he was drafted at all, or be an UDFA.
Old 04-01-2013   #23
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My son is a sr. with him, and said two teams showed a lot of interest in Roberson at their pro day, taking the time to interview him and have him fill out some paperwork. The Texans were one of those two teams.

I figured he'd either get drafted late, if he was drafted at all, or be an UDFA.
i realize why I collect some tapes; it's just a matter if I can dig them out.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #24
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow, I can't believe your son is already a senior. Time flies. Were there any teams there interested in a 6'9" o-lineman?
Old 04-01-2013   #25
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
God I love that GIF!

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #26
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Wow, I can't believe your son is already a senior. Time flies. Were there any teams there interested in a 6'9" o-lineman?
Nah, he didn't have the numbers. So he's getting ready for the real world now.
Old 04-01-2013   #27
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That sucks my little brother is a junior he plays center, and is 6'3 295. Talking to Baylor, UTSA and Virginia and a few smaller schools right now.
Old 04-01-2013   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
God I love that GIF!

Can someone come up with an argument for a better trucking of a LB and secondary by a WR than that one?

I was just praying Leach didn't get a flag for taunting because he clearly did.
Old 04-01-2013   #29
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What about the CFL? Does he speak Canadian?
Old 04-01-2013   #30
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Can someone come up with an argument for a better trucking of a LB and secondary by a WR than that one?

I was just praying Leach didn't get a flag for taunting because he clearly did.
I know. I was screaming at my TV screen telling him to SHUT IT! Didn't want all that hard work to go to naught.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #31
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
That sucks my little brother is a junior he plays center, and is 6'3 295. Talking to Baylor, UTSA and Virginia and a few smaller schools right now.
Looks like we might have enough guys with family members in or nearly college football to start a thread somewhere. My oldest nephew was a 4 year letterman at baylor from 07-10 (graduated and is an asst coach at his high school)

My younger nephew just signed at letter ot intent at Arkansas state to play De and major in engineering.
Old 04-01-2013   #32
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It scares me too!

Why not go with Kenny Stills if you like speed; his 4.38 is only .04 behind Swope.

His 20SS is better than Swope 4.13 to 4.25
I love Stills. Would take him over Swope even though they are even talent wise. The whole concussion thing scares me.
Old 04-01-2013   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
New post: "Why the Texans won't draft your favorite wide receiver"

It explains everything wide receiver.
Because the Texans drafted my favorite receiver in 2003??
Old 04-01-2013   #34
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 77572 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Every time I go through this year's list of WR prospects, I keep coming back to DeAndre Hopkins. He just seems like the right fit.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #35
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well that's an easy one cause he's already on the team!

Love that GIF, but also hate it at the same time because I turned off the TV when we were down 21-0 early in the game. I hate my life.
Old 04-01-2013   #36
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Love that GIF, but also hate it at the same time because I turned off the TV when we were down 21-0 early in the game. I hate my life.
Well we ended up losing that game, so I guess it was still Okay.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #37
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Dre comes from a national championship pedigree. From a football factory. I know the easiest thing to do when evaluating a young kid is to compare him to somebody you like, but IMO if the kid hasnt held a trophy over his head in college, he isnt Andre Johnson, and to believe he would have even half the career Dre has had is a dis-service to both players.

On topic: If the Texans dont address WR in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft is it OK to get back on the "Rick Smith Sucks Balls" train heading out of town?

If anything Smith should be working on a package to move up in the draft and get that legitimate replacement for Dre instead of looking at projects, those havent worked out thus far.
Old 04-02-2013   #38
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I love Stills. Would take him over Swope even though they are even talent wise. The whole concussion thing scares me.
I like Stills quite a bit as well. He'd be a solid addition
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #39
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah, my brother and a couple of his friends were talking about him the other day. My brother was out at the pro day, but didn't participate because of his acl injury.

Did your son participate in it?

My brother is about to graduate too. Matter of fact we're heading up there in a couple weeks for their graduation.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #40
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well that's an easy one cause he's already on the team!

Vonta is my favorite part of that gif.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read