Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-01-2013   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why the Texans won't draft your favorite wide receiver

New post: "Why the Texans won't draft your favorite wide receiver"

It explains everything wide receiver.
Old 04-01-2013   #2
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why the Texans won't draft your favorite wide receiver

I'm getting a forbidden error, Steph.

*Edit: it's working now
Old 04-01-2013   #3
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet I could win the underwear olympics.........
Old 04-01-2013   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Gimme Swope in the second, Since our second is almost a third anyway
Old 04-01-2013   #5
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 20467 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How can a guy this tall have such small hands?
I'm sure his girlfriend has wondered the same thing at some point...

Quote:
Size, athleticism, the Texans are certain not to want to throw fades in his direction.
Funny, sad and true all at the same time! He could be 6'9 and it probably wouldn't matter. Score a touchdown in the redzone? Bah who needs those. I rather give our kicker some extra practice!

Quote:
Fast, productive, comes from a NFL family. But off-field thingies and hair.
Thanks. Now I'm going to have to google and see what atrocity his hair is. Can it be worse than Ed Reed looking like Fredrick Douglas reborn?

Quote:
Tall dude scored lots of touchdowns. Texans don’t do passing touchdowns.
What is this term...passing touchdowns? I am unfamiliar with it.

Quote:
When was the last time the Texans drafted someone in the first round that didn’t excel in the combine underwear olympics?
Underwear Olympics lol. I like that one.

Heh, joking aside, very funny and good article. I have a few receivers I like but I doubt they'll get picked because the Texans have came out of left field with some of their choices. Hopefully, they will surprise us all and actually pick someone we actually would like to see on the roster instead of pulling someone from a small college (Lane College anyone?) or someone who hasn't played for an entire season. Most mocks lately seem to have us grabbing Hopkins out of Clemson.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to know that among my dark horses, one is still alive: Mark Harrison.

I wouldn't mind the Texans taking him one bit.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86073 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Walter is gone but we still needed a WR last draft. Mario out Mercilus in. Now Barwin out and we draft OLB with first pick and go WR later. History repeats.
Old 04-01-2013   #8
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

TBH if we took a WR in the first and second I wouldn't complain
Old 04-01-2013   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

hen how do u explain the POsey K Martin pick then ...??? neither of those two are like Andre at all there different
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #10
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39211 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Gimme Swope in the second, Since our second is almost a third anyway
Concussion history scares me with him.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
Concussion history scares me with him.
It scares me too!

Why not go with Kenny Stills if you like speed; his 4.38 is only .04 behind Swope.

His 20SS is better than Swope 4.13 to 4.25
Old 04-01-2013   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 172585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It scares me too!

Why not go with Kenny Stills if you like speed; his 4.38 is only .04 behind Swope.

His 20SS is better than Swope 4.13 to 4.25
Agree. Add he has it in his DNA.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Agree. Add he has it in his DNA.
I can't tell you how many times Landry Jones under threw him when I put on the tapes.

In some other games, I watch the CB giving him between 7-10 yard cushions.
In other instances when they play man-up, the safety is right there to help over the top.
Old 04-01-2013   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

What I like about Stills and Stedman Bailey is that they run good routes.
Along the side line, they work to give the QB room to throw (and Jones still couldn't do it.)

Stills is probably the best receiver prospect who tries to keep both feet in bound the most efficiently the last couple of years, bar none.
Old 04-01-2013   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142041 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
hen how do u explain the POsey K Martin pick then ...??? neither of those two are like Andre at all there different
Posey was picked to be Walter's replacement/upgrade: a big, strong guy who can block and who has good hands.

Martin was picked to be the slot guy we've never really had. Consider him the David Anderson upgrade.

Neither of those guys were picked to be AJ's successor and neither of them will be.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
What I like about Stills and Stedman Bailey is that they run good routes.
Along the side line, they work to give the QB room to throw (and Jones still couldn't do it.)

Stills is probably the best receiver prospect who tries to keep both feet in bound the most efficiently the last couple of years, bar none.
And when you put Stills in the slot close to AJ; let AJ run a post route while Stills run the wheel route; Somebody is going to get open.
Guy runs a great wheel route with his speed.
Old 04-01-2013   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 99011 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Andre Johnson types aren't found in the 3rd or 4th round very often.

Here's the sentence from Texans_Chick's blog that makes me think the Texans won't go WR in the 1st:

Quote:
In addition, I think the Texans have enough belief in their offensive system to not think they have to draft a wide receiver in the low first.
Andre Johnson is under contract for 4 more seasons. I don't think the Texans see the necessity of finding his future replacement in this draft. I think they are looking for a solid #2 WR, and probably think they can find one @ #58. Maybe so. There are enough concerns on both sides of the ball to make me feel that WR is not a lock with that 1st pick.
Old 04-01-2013   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm hoping the Texans pick up Cordell Robinson from SFA. They were one of two teams interested in him at SFA's pro day last week.

Robinson reminds me a lot of Andre Johnson. The same physical build, the same clutch catches over/around defenders, and he's not a vocal guy but prefers to lead by example on the field. I think they could really groom this kid with A.J. as his mentor.
Old 04-01-2013   #19
Lucky

Rep Power: 99011 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm hoping the Texans pick up Cordell Robinson from SFA. They were one of two teams interested in him at SFA's pro day last week.

Robinson reminds me a lot of Andre Johnson. The same physical build, the same clutch catches over/around defenders, and he's not a vocal guy but prefers to lead by example on the field. I think they could really groom this kid with A.J. as his mentor.
Cordell Roberson is a likely UDFA pickup, according to Gil Brandt. Supposedly, 23 NFL teams were represented at the SFA pro day. The Texans might have some competition for Roberson.
Old 04-01-2013   #20
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why the Texans won't draft your favorite wide receiver
Well that's an easy one cause he's already on the team!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read