Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-29-2013   #741
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Orange?
I ate in Orange , worked in Deweyville , stayed in Beaumont . Would have stayed in Orange if I knew where I was going .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #742
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
Pick is in...

The Dallas Cowboys select...

Kniles Davis, RB, Arkansas Felix Jones is an unrestricted free agent, and though he could return, the team needs far more insurance behind injury-prone starter DeMarco Murray. The other options, Phillip Tanner and Lance Dunbar, entered the league as undrafted players. The team could use a backup who can handle some passing-game duty and take carries when needed.
Jerry Jones loves size, speed, and strength
Jerry Jones is a Razorback Alum. Jerry Jones loves Razorback running backs.
I think Davis will go hire than most expect
Murray&Davis would be a power combo to stop.
Give old man Romo a break. Throw less run more = good things for Cowboy land haha

Wow am I looking at this right? Only 3 RB's drafted so far?
Old 03-29-2013   #743
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Wow am I looking at this right? Only 3 RB's drafted so far?
Yup.
I predict a run coming on
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #744
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a crappy yr for QB's/RB's.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #745
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I ate in Orange , worked in Deweyville , stayed in Beaumont . Would have stayed in Orange if I knew where I was going .
Tell us more about your tour of the greater Golden Triangle? LOL

Good to have you back Earl.
Old 03-29-2013   #746
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

With their third round draft pick in the TT Mock Draft, the NY Giants select

John Simon, DE, Ohio State

With the departure of Osi Umeniyora to Atlanta, and with JPP and Justin Tuck not performing at peak levels, the Giants draft to bolster the DE squad.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #747
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndevine7 View Post
With their 3rd round pick, The Tampa Bay Bucs select Bennie Logan DT LSU
Seems like a Schiano kid of guy.
Old 03-29-2013   #748
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
The San Diego Chargers select...

Brennan Williams - OT, North Carolina

San Diego really needs to address the O-Line, especially the OT position. I wanted to in the 1st round but the top tier of OT's were gone so I went with an elite OG instead of reaching for an OT. Both guys fit the ZBS the Chargers are running and will be day-one starters. SD released Jared Gaither after just one year because of injuries/off-field issues and really need to stock up the OL. Williams would play RT while FA signee King Dunlap would move to LT. Would have preferred to land a LT prospect, but it didn't fall that way.

1 - Jonathan Cooper - OG, North Carolina
2 - Manti Te'o - ILB, Notre Dame
3 - Brennan Williams - OT, North Carolina
If healthy the Chargers have really upgraded their OL.
Old 03-29-2013   #749
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

The Dolphins select....

Dallas Thomas, OG, Tennessee

Thomas played left tackle, then switched to left guard in his final year at Tennessee. He tore his labrum and had surgery in February of this year, so he probably won't be available and up to speed until mid-season, but he could replace John Jerry or Richie Incognito in the next few seasons. If not, maybe the Dolphins try him at left tackle? Seems like good versatility for a player that may need it with Jonathan Martin's transition from RT to LT.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #750
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT22 View Post
With the 78th pick the Rams select Eric Reid S LSU.
He had a bad yr last yr.

I remember the regular season ALA-LSU game in 2011.

He just tried to do too much last yr and got exposed.
Old 03-29-2013   #751
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Pittsburgh ... selects Terrance Williams Baylor .

Great value

This is why the Steelers stay on top.
Old 03-29-2013   #752
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
He had a bad yr last yr.

Yep. He was forced to make alot of plays, they asked quite a bit of him. He showed he has the ability to make the plays, it's about remaining consistent. I like him, especially in this area of the draft.
Old 03-29-2013   #753
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
Pick is in...

The Dallas Cowboys select...

Kniles Davis, RB, Arkansas Felix Jones is an unrestricted free agent, and though he could return, the team needs far more insurance behind injury-prone starter DeMarco Murray. The other options, Phillip Tanner and Lance Dunbar, entered the league as undrafted players. The team could use a backup who can handle some passing-game duty and take carries when needed.
Jerry Jones loves size, speed, and strength
Jerry Jones is a Razorback Alum. Jerry Jones loves Razorback running backs.
I think Davis will go higher than most expect
Murray&Davis would be a hard power combo to stop.
Give old man Romo a break. Throw less run more = good things for Cowboy land haha
Hard to run without an OL.

Old man Romo runs for his life another yr.
Old 03-29-2013   #754
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

83 Minnesota - NC Texan ON THE CLOCK
84 Cincinnati - Corrosion
85 Washington - Steel B Texan
86 Indianapolis - Rey
87 Seattle - Blake
88 Green Bay - Mussop
Old 03-29-2013   #755
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Hard to run without an OL.

Old man Romo runs for his life another yr.
I got a plan Steelb geesh
Sit back and eat some popcorn
Show you how it's done
This fiasco didn't get broke in one dang night and I sure as heck can't fix it in one dang draft
But I'll make this team better even though it makes me sick.

We focus on D for the first two picks
just grabbed Davis and I know who I'm targeting next.

Just watch buddy

(Jimmy Johnson mode)
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #756
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95464 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If healthy the Chargers have really upgraded their OL.
Chargers have some serious problems on the O-Line. Getting 2 new starters is definitely an upgrade, but they might need even more than that.

Williams would have much higher value if he could play LT. As is, a RT is rarely going to get graded 1st round. If healthy he would be a lock for the mid-to-high 2nd round tho.

And I absolutely love Cooper. Would love for the Texans to grab him, but that's just not going to happen.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #757
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
The Dolphins select....

Dallas Thomas, OG, Tennessee

Thomas played left tackle, then switched to left guard in his final year at Tennessee. He tore his labrum and had surgery in February of this year, so he probably won't be available and up to speed until mid-season, but he could replace John Jerry or Richie Incognito in the next few seasons. If not, maybe the Dolphins try him at left tackle? Seems like good versatility for a player that may need it with Jonathan Martin's transition from RT to LT.
I was hoping he lasted another round or two with the injury.
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #758
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He had a bad yr last yr.

I think he is a good fit for the Rams and if anyone can get Reid to play up to his potential it is Jeff Fisher.
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013   #759
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Vikings select D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina.

The Vikings need someone else in the backfield to help out Harrison Smith (who definitely did well this year). At this point I feel as though the value is better at safety than CB, and so this is the pick!
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013   #760
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

#84 Cicny Bungles pick Stanford OLB Chase Thomas.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read