Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-29-2013   #721
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104085 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Bit late but I figured I'd get my pick in.

With their third round pick in the TT Mock Draft, the Saints select

Akeem Spence, DT, Illinois

With the switch to the 3-4, I don't believe the Saints current DL is going to get it done. A talented run stopper in the middle might be what the Saints D needs.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #722
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78460 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

The San Diego Chargers select...

Brennan Williams - OT, North Carolina

San Diego really needs to address the O-Line, especially the OT position. I wanted to in the 1st round but the top tier of OT's were gone so I went with an elite OG instead of reaching for an OT. Both guys fit the ZBS the Chargers are running and will be day-one starters. SD released Jared Gaither after just one year because of injuries/off-field issues and really need to stock up the OL. Williams would play RT while FA signee King Dunlap would move to LT. Would have preferred to land a LT prospect, but it didn't fall that way.

1 - Jonathan Cooper - OG, North Carolina
2 - Manti Te'o - ILB, Notre Dame
3 - Brennan Williams - OT, North Carolina

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #723
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
The San Diego Chargers select...

Brennan Williams - OT, North Carolina

San Diego really needs to address the O-Line, especially the OT position. I wanted to in the 1st round but the top tier of OT's were gone so I went with an elite OG instead of reaching for an OT. Both guys fit the ZBS the Chargers are running and will be day-one starters. SD released Jared Gaither after just one year because of injuries/off-field issues and really need to stock up the OL. Williams would play RT while FA signee King Dunlap would move to LT. Would have preferred to land a LT prospect, but it didn't fall that way.

1 - Jonathan Cooper - OG, North Carolina
2 - Manti Te'o - ILB, Notre Dame
3 - Brennan Williams - OT, North Carolina
Next round draft Giovanni Bernard, RB, NCU
San Diego can be Tar Heels of the West
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #724
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice pick, Brennan Williams. I was eyeing him for RT with the Dolphins here with my their second pick in the 3rd. He was my 2nd option for this pick.

The Dolphins select...

Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, UCONN

Wreh-Wilson would be able to compete with 2nd rounder Darius Slay for the nickel back role in training camp.

1. Bjeorn Werner, DE, FSU
2. Cornelius "Tank" Carradine, DE, FSU
2b. Darius Slay, CB, MSU
3. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, UCONN

Kind of odd that I went DE, DE, CB, CB but it just fell that well.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #725
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

78 St. Louis - RT22 ON THE CLOCK
79 Pittsburgh - Honoring Earl
80 Dallas - Rock-N-Randy
81 New York Giants - htownfan32
82 Miami - Texans Seminole
83 Minnesota - NC Texan
Old 03-29-2013   #726
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78460 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
Next round draft Giovanni Bernard, RB, NCU
San Diego can be Tar Heels of the West
Haha kind of just happened that way.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #727
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 78th pick the Rams select Eric Reid S LSU.
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #728
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT22 View Post
Another good pick.
Old 03-29-2013   #729
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pittsburgh ... selects Terrance Williams Baylor .

Old 03-29-2013   #730
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

80 Dallas - Rock-N-Randy ON THE CLOCK
81 New York Giants - htownfan32
82 Miami - Texans Seminole
83 Minnesota - NC Texan
84 Cincinnati - Corrosion
85 Washington - Steel B Texan
Old 03-29-2013   #731
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Pittsburgh ... selects Terrance Williams Baylor .

You're back!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #732
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Nice pick, Brennan Williams. I was eyeing him for RT with the Dolphins here with my their second pick in the 3rd. He was my 2nd option for this pick.

The Dolphins select...

Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, UCONN

Wreh-Wilson would be able to compete with 2nd rounder Darius Slay for the nickel back role in training camp.

1. Bjeorn Werner, DE, FSU
2. Cornelius "Tank" Carradine, DE, FSU
2b. Darius Slay, CB, MSU
3. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, UCONN

Kind of odd that I went DE, DE, CB, CB but it just fell that well.
All defense?
Interesting!
Old 03-29-2013   #733
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I will be incommunicado all weekend so if my picks for Seattle or Jacksonville come up I will leave it for the mods of this draft or the consensus. Thanks!
I'd be sure to screw them up for you, LOL.
Old 03-29-2013   #734
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You're back!
Yes I am from my SE Texas tour .
Old 03-29-2013   #735
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I had the same idea for Greene and Sio Moore - to move them inside.
I definitely will move Moore inside; actually, he played all over the places.
I really like him for the Texans. I think he will do great next to Cushing.
Old 03-29-2013   #736
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Yes I am from my SE Texas tour .
Orange?
Old 03-29-2013   #737
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Pick is in...

The Dallas Cowboys select...

Kniles Davis, RB, Arkansas Felix Jones is an unrestricted free agent, and though he could return, the team needs far more insurance behind injury-prone starter DeMarco Murray. The other options, Phillip Tanner and Lance Dunbar, entered the league as undrafted players. The team could use a backup who can handle some passing-game duty and take carries when needed.
Jerry Jones loves size, speed, and strength
Jerry Jones is a Razorback Alum. Jerry Jones loves Razorback running backs.
I think Davis will go higher than most expect
Murray&Davis would be a hard power combo to stop.
Give old man Romo a break. Throw less run more = good things for Cowboy land haha
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #738
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Man the rich get richer .... thats a hell of a haul for the 9ers.

Im going to be away for the rest of the evening , I'll check back when I can.
Pretty good haul, I'll say.
Old 03-29-2013   #739
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Another good pick.
Good potential. He's got all the tools.
Tyler Bray on defense!
Old 03-29-2013   #740
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
Pick is in...

The Dallas Cowboys select...

Kniles Davis, RB, Arkansas Felix Jones is an unrestricted free agent, and though he could return, the team needs far more insurance behind injury-prone starter DeMarco Murray. The other options, Phillip Tanner and Lance Dunbar, entered the league as undrafted players. The team could use a backup who can handle some passing-game duty and take carries when needed.
Jerry Jones loves size, speed, and strength
Jerry Jones is a Razorback Alum. Jerry Jones loves Razorback running backs.
I think Davis will go hire than most expect
Murray&Davis would be a power combo to stop.
Give old man Romo a break. Throw less run more = good things for Cowboy land haha
Wasted talent in Cowgurls land. I just have to say that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read