Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2013   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's the next move for the Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
When I sold cars for a living, it was my job to talk to people "just looking" the idea was to get them talking about owning the vehicle, & the cost of buying it. One technique, was to throw numbers out there & see what you get. Try to find out where their head is. If they're way under.... wanting to take a $5,000 premium from sticker, we let them go, find another person "just looking"

(& I'm just throwing $5,000 out there. Sometimes that's doable, sometimes it's not)

But if they are in the ballpark, my job is then to get them to make the decision to buy that day.

Now, I know $40,000 is pittence to RickSmith & EricWinston, but the principle is the same. I'd like to think he, or someone directed by him threw some numbers at Winston, or his agent & he thought they were too far apart to even bother with a "deal"

Eric may not have known he was in "negotiation" but a person like RickSmith should live & die by the salesman mantra, "Always be closing."
MSR.

Cool story and a reasonable idea. That's probably what happened.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read