Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-29-2013   #701
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
On the clock at 4:15 P.M.

11 73 Tampa Bay - Ndvevine7
Thanks 76 you are awsome.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #702
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
With the 72nd pick the NY Jets select Travis Frederick, OG, Wisconsin
Haven't paid much attention to him this year, but Wisconsin always have stout O-linemen.
I noticed them when I scouted OT Camiri, TE Graham, QB Wilson, and that WR Abraderis (sp?) the last few years.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #703
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58086 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Titans take Sio Moore LB UConn

Steelb took my QB
Dam you!!!
Old 03-29-2013   #704
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83899 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Been watching tape on Malliciah Goodman. Don't know what to think of him - at times he looks clueless against the run, and he flashes when rushing the QB. Made Mettenberger his b**ch for most of the game... seems a little slow in reacting to the snap though. If he could work on that he could be a good pass rusher.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #705
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83899 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Also took the opportunity to check out two other Clemson Tigers - Tajh Boyd and DeAndre Hopkins.

If Hopkins' bowl performance is anything to go by, draft the man. He's so clean when he goes up to snatch the ball. Hands are great. Draft Tajh next year to give him a QB who he's familiar with.

=
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #706
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Been watching tape on Malliciah Goodman. Don't know what to think of him - at times he looks clueless against the run, and he flashes when rushing the QB. Made Mettenberger his b**ch for most of the game... seems a little slow in reacting to the snap though. If he could work on that he could be a good pass rusher.
Melissa Goodman is what I call him, LOL.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
They probably play read-and-react on certain downs.
Old 03-29-2013   #707
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Also took the opportunity to check out two other Clemson Tigers - Tajh Boyd and DeAndre Hopkins.

If Hopkins' bowl performance is anything to go by, draft the man. He's so clean when he goes up to snatch the ball. Hands are great. Draft Tajh next year to give him a QB who he's familiar with.

=
He looks like a solid #2 receiver to me.
Old 03-29-2013   #708
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Well , Im home and have had a horrible day.

My wifes grandfather passed this afternoon. His son , my wifes father was buried 6 years ago today. Talk about crazy timing .... His oldest son is in the hospital now with complications from a stroke .... and things arent looking real good for him.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #709
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Definite run on DTs. Probably the most of any position group in this mock. Kind of like the real draft will go...one position will start getting snapped up. Especially with how evenly the talent is distributed through the early to mid rounds.

Glad I got mine out of the way early ....

Quote:
Titans take Sio Moore LB UConn

Steelb took my QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
With the 71st pick in the NFL Mock Draft the Buffalo Bills select Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers.

Both Moore and Greene represent great value this deep in the draft.

dsr23 and the NY Jets are on the clock.
Was sure hoping one of these two made it to my next pick - especially Moore.

Old 03-29-2013   #710
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

=
I'm huge on Tajh Boyd. I have been watching him for years and paying extra special attention to his growth because FSU recruited him very hard. He is my favorite quarterback for next year. He reminds me of Drew Brees and Russell Wilson. He makes good decisions, especially when moving around in the pocket. He shows good timing with his receivers too.

Clemson is and was dangerous. They have tons of weapons on their team that haven't even been able to get playing time yet because of all the receivers and backs they have.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #711
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4321 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
With the 71st pick in the NFL Mock Draft the Buffalo Bills select Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers.

Both Moore and Greene represent great value this deep in the draft.
dsr23 and the NY Jets are on the clock.
Good pick, in the mock I am putting together I keep wanting him as ILB in the second, but don't have the guts to do it.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #712
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
Good pick, in the mock I am putting together I keep wanting him as ILB in the second, but don't have the guts to do it.
I had the same idea for Greene and Sio Moore - to move them inside.

Old 03-29-2013   #713
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

My wifes grandfather passed this afternoon. His son , my wifes father was buried 6 years ago today. Talk about crazy timing .... His oldest son is in the hospital now with complications from a stroke .... and things arent looking real good for him.
That does sound like a bad day and some tough times to be going through. Just try to be there for your wife, she's gonna need the support. Tell he to remember the good times because God calls us all eventually. Prayers for your family.

Hopefully this mock draft can be a distraction for you, get your mind on something fun for a little while.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #714
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58086 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

Wow! Prayers for your family!
Old 03-29-2013   #715
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

With their 3rd round pick, The Tampa Bay Bucs select Bennie Logan DT LSU
Old 03-29-2013   #716
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be incommunicado all weekend so if my picks for Seattle or Jacksonville come up I will leave it for the mods of this draft or the consensus. Thanks!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #717
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I will be incommunicado all weekend so if my picks for Seattle or Jacksonville come up I will leave it for the mods of this draft or the consensus. Thanks!
I think the draft is closed on the weekends unless someone wants to make their pick, which they can do. Why not just PM your top 5 picks to 76Texan?
Old 03-29-2013   #718
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndevine7 View Post
With their 3rd round pick, The Tampa Bay Bucs select Bennie Logan DT LSU
That hurts. I was hoping he'd fall to my next pick at the bottom of the 3rd.
Old 03-29-2013   #719
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65204 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

The San Francisco 49ers select

Jordan Poyer, CB - Oregon State

The 49ers continue to go defense early in the draft. They need to add depth in the defensive backfield and Carlos Rodgers is a FA next year. Chris Culliver was burned time and again during the playoffs and Poyer could take over his job as the slot corner this year before taking over for Rodgers on the outside next year.

1 - Matt Elam - S, Florida
2 - Datone Jones - DE, UCLA
2 - Brandon Williams - NT, Missouri Southern
3 - Jordan Poyer - CB, Oregon State

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #720
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
1 - Matt Elam - S, Florida
2 - Datone Jones - DE, UCLA
2 - Brandon Williams - NT, Missouri Southern
3 - Jordan Poyer - CB, Oregon State

Man the rich get richer .... thats a hell of a haul for the 9ers.

Im going to be away for the rest of the evening , I'll check back when I can.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read