Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-29-2013   #661
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
Nice pick, He was my target in the 2nd, until Robert Woods fell into my lap.
Agree. I'll take Woods just before Patton.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #662
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

On the clock at Noon

4 66 Oakland - srrono

5 67 Philadelphia - Texans Seminole
6 68 Cleveland - Texan4Ever
7 69 Arizona - Steel B Texan
8 70 Tennessee - Senor Stan
9 71 Buffalo - Bong
10 72 New York Jets - dsr 23
Old 03-29-2013   #663
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 66th pick of the 2013 NFL Draft the Oakland Raiders select QB E.J.Manuel Florida State
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

OAK hoping that 3rd round QB majic happens 2 years in a row. I think I got a steal here, some mocks have Manuel as a 1st round pick.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #664
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I still want the Texans to consider Manuel with their first 2 picks.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #665
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I had a lot of options here for the Eagles. It was a difficult decision.

The Eagles select....

Corey Lemonier, OLB, Auburn. With the Eagles transition to a 3-4, they will need as many edge rushers as they can get. Lemonier had a disappointing season last year, some say mostly because of injury, but I am sure not many Auburn players had a good year last year. He has great athletic ability and has shown the ability to be consistently disruptive, outside of the second half of this past season for the Tigers. He would sit behind Barwin and Cole and could hopefully give the Eagles a quality part-time rusher in his rookie year.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #666
76Texan
Hall of Fame

On the clock at 2:00 P.M.

Email sent

7 69 Arizona - Steel B Texan
8 70 Tennessee - Senor Stan
9 71 Buffalo - Bong
10 72 New York Jets - dsr 23
Old 03-29-2013   #667
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
With the 66th pick of the 2013 NFL Draft the Oakland Raiders select QB E.J.Manuel Florida State

OAK hoping that 3rd round QB majic happens 2 years in a row. I think I got a steal here, some mocks have Manuel as a 1st round pick.
It depends on how much one believes he can improve.
Late second, early third is probably where he belongs.
You may have a starter or you may have a back-up QB.
Old 03-29-2013   #668
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I still want the Texans to consider Manuel with their first 2 picks.
We "drafted" Stephen McGee.
Old 03-29-2013   #669
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It depends on how much one believes he can improve.
Late second, early third is probably where he belongs.
You may have a starter or you may have a back-up QB.
Just recently had a friend of mine tell me that a couple of vet offensive linemen no longer on the team told him that Jimbo is really holding the QBs back at FSU. He essentially is telling them who to throw to on most plays, but I don't know how normal that is in college. Or even how true that is.
Old 03-29-2013   #670
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I had a lot of options here for the Eagles. It was a difficult decision.

The Eagles select....

Corey Lemonier, OLB, Auburn. With the Eagles transition to a 3-4, they will need as many edge rushers as they can get. Lemonier had a disappointing season last year, some say mostly because of injury, but I am sure not many Auburn players had a good year last year. He has great athletic ability and has shown the ability to be consistently disruptive, outside of the second half of this past season for the Tigers. He would sit behind Barwin and Cole and could hopefully give the Eagles a quality part-time rusher in his rookie year.
Can't say I know about the player.
Old 03-29-2013   #671
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Just recently had a friend of mine tell me that a couple of vet offensive linemen no longer on the team told him that Jimbo is really holding the QBs back at FSU. He essentially is telling them who to throw to on most plays, but I don't know how normal that is in college. Or even how true that is.
I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Some of these coaches (most of them, actually) have pressure of their own; what with those "powerful" alumni.
Old 03-29-2013   #672
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Some of these coaches (most of them, actually) have pressure of their own; what with those "powerful" alumni.
Even if it is true, it shows E.J. has little experience making good reads. He would most definitely be a project, no matter what is true. I can tell you without any doubt that he is not ready to play/start in the NFL right now.
Old 03-29-2013   #673
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Even if it is true, it shows E.J. has little experience making good reads. He would most definitely be a project, no matter what is true. I can tell you without any doubt that he is not ready to play/start in the NFL right now.
I can certainly agree with that.
Old 03-29-2013   #674
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Can't say I know about the player.
Lemonier was a junior last year at Auburn. He was a situational rusher as a freshman when Auburn won the title. In his sophomore year, he had 9.5 sacks and 13 tackles for loss with 5 forced fumbles. He was developing quite nicely. Last year, he started pretty strong but then suffered an ankle injury. As I am sure you know, the Tigers season really went down the drain late in the year. One of the worst SEC teams I have ever seen. He ended the season with 5.5 sacks and 5.5 tackles for loss.

At the combine, he ran a 4.60 forty and had 27 reps on the bench. He's long and is explosive. He needs to play with better strength, even though his bench #s would suggest he is very strong.
Old 03-29-2013   #675
76Texan
Hall of Fame

To me, there are four guys here.

Manuel who has the athleticism and the arm, but lacking football IQ.

Glennon with the big arm; he's a bigger, stronger Schaub, with a hair more mobility. Also seems smarter than Schaub at this stage.

Bray also with a big arm, a little like Flacco, just lacking fundamentals, and judgments.

Dysert somewhere in between Glennon and Bray.

Take your pick.
Old 03-29-2013   #676
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry to slow you guys down...

With the 68th pick, the Browns select....

Markus Wheaton, WR Oregon St.

Markus had a good combine and runs great routes with solid hands. He is fast and will give Weeden a target to throw to. Ran a 4.45 and finished his Senior season with 91 receptions for 1,244 yards and 11 touchdowns.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #677
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To me, there are four guys here.

Manuel who has the athleticism and the arm, but lacking football IQ.

Glennon with the big arm; he's a bigger, stronger Schaub, with a hair more mobility. Also seems smarter than Schaub at this stage.

Bray also with a big arm, a little like Flacco, just lacking fundamentals, and judgments.

Dysert somewhere in between Glennon and Bray.

Take your pick.
Tyler Wilson.
Old 03-29-2013   #678
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Tyler Wilson.
He's the next guy for me.
Old 03-29-2013   #679
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
On the clock at 2:00 P.M.

Will make pick shortly

7 69 Arizona - Steel B Texan (will be online soon)
8 70 Tennessee - Senor Stan (pick in)
9 71 Buffalo - Bong (online)
10 72 New York Jets - dsr 23 (online)
Update
Old 03-29-2013   #680
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63067 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Update

It's on steelb. Texan4Ever got his pick in.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read