Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-29-2013   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default PFT HOU among teams should be interestd in Romo (extended by Cowboys)

Full Story Below
LINK

Quote:
Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo reportedly will be available in free agency come 2014. While Romo has one less Super Bowl ring (and eight fewer postseason wins) than Peyton Manning, Romo also has had four fewer neck surgeries. And Romo is four years younger.

So if, as Ian Rapoport of NFL Network has reported, Romo cant be tagged in 2014, Romo needs to merely get through the 2013 season unscathed. He then can sign with the highest bidder, or pick the best situation.
Quote:
Based on current quarterback situations, interesting teams include the Bills, Jets, Bengals, Browns, Texans, Jaguars, Chiefs, Raiders, Eagles, Bears, Vikings, Buccaneers, Cardinals, and Rams.

Seems like they are just throwing darts at a board and listing teams to me.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PFT HOU among teams interestd in Romo

Sounds like speculation to me.
Old 03-29-2013   #3
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans are interested or they might be in 2014?
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #4
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Terribly titled thread. Even PFT didn't try to make it seem like the interest was current (or real for that matter).
Old 03-29-2013   #5
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Texans are interested or they might be in 2014?
I heard about it on In the Trenches 790am but after reading it again it a non story really
Old 03-29-2013   #6
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Say what you want about romo but if the money made sense, I would consider him a clear upgrade from Schaub and would like to see him here.

He will be paid top dollar from someone else so it won't matter but thats my two cents.

Romo is a good QB and he is what separates the cowboys from a 3-13 season. He makes that team appear much better than they actually are.
Old 03-29-2013   #7
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Terribly titled thread. Even PFT didn't try to make it seem like the interest was current (or real for that matter).
Agreed. I heard they were working on a $100mil extension for him as we speak.

Looks like the writer of that story had a deadline to meet...
Old 03-29-2013   #8
srrono
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Say what you want about romo but if the money made sense, I would consider him a clear upgrade from Schaub and would like to see him here.

He will be paid top dollar from someone else so it won't matter but thats my two cents.

Romo is a good QB and he is what separates the cowboys from a 3-13 season. He makes that team appear much better than they actually are.
If money was close I would take Romo with his play making ability would be fun to watch here. I am thinking money he would demand would and will take Texans out of even considering Romo here.
Old 03-29-2013   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PFT HOU among teams should be interestd in Romo

I would take Romo over Schaub.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #10
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I would take Romo over Schaub.
At the money Romo is likely to get, I'd just as soon go in another direction entirely.

While he won't see Flacco money (or what Rodgers is likely to get soon), I believe it will be considerably more than Schaub just got.

I don't mind the thought of moving on from Schaub, I just think there's better ways to do it than bringing in T. Romo.
Old 03-29-2013   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Listen. I live in the Dallas area. There are a lot of people up here who wouldn't be too upset if Romo moved on.

While I think he's an athletic upgrade from Schaub and while I think he'd make a lot of plays Schaub can't, he also loses a lot of games for you. He pushes way too hard sometimes and makes stupid mistakes going for the big play instead of just playing it safe.

If we're going to move on from Schaub, I'd like to see us go in some direction other than Romo.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Listen. I live in the Dallas area. There are a lot of people up here who wouldn't be too upset if Romo moved on.

While I think he's an athletic upgrade from Schaub and while I think he'd make a lot of plays Schaub can't, he also loses a lot of games for you. He pushes way too hard sometimes and makes stupid mistakes going for the big play instead of just playing it safe.If we're going to move on from Schaub, I'd like to see us go in some direction other than Romo.
Isn't the reverse why we don't want Schaub though?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #13
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
It is.

Mike Florio has been pushing for the Texans to "upgrade" at QB for a long time now.

Remember, he was the one pushing the "Texans should go after Favre" thing when Schaub went down in 2011.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Isn't the reverse why we don't want Schaub though?
With Schaub and Romo, you have two extremes: a guy who plays it close to the vest and a guy who takes every chance he can.

With a good team, I prefer the guy who plays close to the vest although I know that drives a lot of you guys crazy.

The perfect QB would be someone in between. A guy who recognizes when to take his shot and when to reel it in.

If Romo came here and played QB for us, there would be just as many people complaining about him and begging for him to be cut as there are people complaining about Schaub and begging for him to be cut. All it would take would be a couple of bone-head plays that cost us games.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #15
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

When the pressure is ratcheted up in close games Schaub, more often than not either throws it away to live to fight another day or just takes the sack b/c he's not mobile enough to get out of the way.......Texans fans "why didn't he try to make a play!!!"

When the pressure is ratcheted up in close games for Romo...more often than not he can escape, tries to make a play and either throws a pick or is sacked from behind and fumbles.....Cowboys fans "Jesus christ just throw it away!!!!"

Lol at anyone thinking that we'd be getting an upgrade over schaub if we got Romo....both guys are the same person!...I've watched enough of both of these guys to know that when the heat is on, and the game is put in their hands the percentages are high that both these guys are going to make a mistake that'll cost you the game...Doesn't mean that they will...but very likely. Both also play under dumb ass coaches too so it's extremely unlikely that they'll be any different here or there.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 241209 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Romo is better than Schaub. But Romo will never be able to win a Super Bowl. So if you're switching QBs, go after one you think might be able to. What Schaub lacks in the physical department, Romo lacks in the risk analysis department.
Old 03-29-2013   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All it is on a slow news day. Jerry re-signs Romo if they make the playoffs. Which with their new DC, I think they will.
Old 03-29-2013   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
All it is on a slow news day. Jerry re-signs Romo if they make the playoffs. Which with their new DC, I think they will.
What exactly makes you think Monte Kiffin is going to be any improvement over Rob Ryan?
Old 03-29-2013   #19
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What exactly makes you think Monte Kiffin is going to be any improvement over Rob Ryan?
Seriously? Monte Kiffen coached 11 top 10 defenses in 12 seasons. If there were a hall of fame section for assistant coaches, he should be in it. Rob Ryan is the most overrated DC in the NFL (one top 10 in 9 seasons). It was an embarrassment having that defense allow 400 points for the season. There's more than enough talent there for Kiffen to turn things around.
Old 03-29-2013   #20
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Put Romo behind a good O line and give him a stud RB/Defense and he'd put up better #'s than Schaub imo.

A lot of the mistakes you see him make in Dallas is because he's asked to do too much at times. A lot like Phillip Rivers recently.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read