Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-28-2013   #41
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 6.0: Post Compensatory Pick Announcement Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Didn't Sunny go on the IR? I remember seeing him in preseason where he was playing well. Then he was injured and placed on the IR(I thought).

Hunter has potential, but needs to show more. McClain may be a warm camp body. I suspect the Texans will sign a cheap veteran NT after the draft and probably draft one in the mid rounds(say 4-6). Mitchell and FA will battle for the starting spot with the other guy being the depth player. rook, hunter, Harris(if still here), Hunter, and McClain will battle for depth/ST/PS.
I'm ok with mitchell getting playing time, mostly on passing downs. More than that we are in trouble.
Old 04-26-2013   #42
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 6.0:Post Comepnsatory Pick Annoucment Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I really like Manuel and would love to snap him up if he was there when we pick. He'd have a chance to watch for a year as the Schaub era plays out. He's a little raw but his size, arm, and mobility are everything you want in a qb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I respectfully disagree.

I just don't like the guy as a starting QB. He reminds me too much of a Jason Campebell (at best) or Terrell Pyror (at worst) prospect. He is not a good passer. He makes many poor decision especially when things become quick. He lacks field vision. He tends to lock onto targets rather than work through progressions. He is too quick to run. His accuracy is iffy. He struggled against quality NFL defenses(like Florida).

While he certainly is a big strong powerful guy, he is more an athlete than QB. If you wanted to take him in the 3rd and let him develop that would be one thing. But, like Campebell, if you take him in the first you will likely be disappointed.
Looks like someone out there liked him too. Not saying they won't be disappointed though.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #43
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Huge props calling Manuel in 1st.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #44
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Huge props calling Manuel in 1st.
Much appreciated. i figured someone look at him and see a potential option QB and overdraft him. I didn't think he would go as high as he did though.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #45
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 6.0:Post Comepnsatory Pick Annoucment Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Looks like someone out there liked him too. Not saying they won't be disappointed though.
Here are a couple of quotes I made on EJ awhile back. Didnt realize the Texans would have zero shot at him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Ive been talking to friends about the Texans taking EJ Manuel in round 1. Would love to see that. Or even trade our extra 3rd and first next year to get him in the top of the 2nd or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I still want the Texans to consider Manuel with their first 2 picks.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read