Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-28-2013   #201
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's the next move for the Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I suspect the next serious "shopping flurry" won't happen until after the draft is over and OTAs start. And maybe not until the June 1st cuts happen. We might see onesies and twosies between now and then but nothing more.
Non-guaranteed deals.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #202
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Has DHB signed with anybody yet? Last I heard he was visiting the Colts.
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #203
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
Has DHB signed with anybody yet? Last I heard he was visiting the Colts.
He visited the Lions this week too. Still unsigned.
MistaRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #204
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

The Raiders are the other team I follow, trust me when I say we want no part of DHB. He's just not a NFL caliber WR in any way.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #205
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
The Raiders are the other team I follow, trust me when I say we want no part of DHB. He's just not a NFL caliber WR in any way.
He was slowly progressing last year, but I can't fault anybody for not playing that well while on the catastrophe known as the Raiders.
Old 03-28-2013   #206
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Somebody on a fins board said that Winston was asking for $6m-$8m a year. He's out of his mind. Andre Smith (Bengals RT) is also an UFA, and he wants in upwards of $9m a year as well.
He might be asking but nobody is biting. Just saw this over at NFL.com about "Cavemans" hunt for a new team. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...rgers-interest

Apparently the Bolts, Fins, and Eagles still have the door open for him, but I think he's going to have to come way down on his asking price, and they are probably just waiting him out. I guess he's trying to play the same game Asomugha was playing a couple of years ago; to play one team against another, and drive up the price. If he doesn't come down in price or the teams don't go up he may be waiting by the phone when the season starts. It's like a game of to see who breaks 1st!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #207
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I cant believe we signed these 3 F/a agents TBO whats or cap look like now for last year maybe they wont resign cushing depending on how he comes back from injury ...???
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #208
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans offered Winston 1 MILL/1 year I bet he would bite.
Old 03-28-2013   #209
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I know he's on the downside of his career, but would anybody be opposed to James Harrison coming here on a 1 year deal for cheap? If we signed him, and Gooden from San Fran I think we'd be good on the defensive side of the ball for this year excluding NT.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #210
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I know he's on the downside of his career, but would anybody be opposed to James Harrison coming here on a 1 year deal for cheap? If we signed him, and Gooden from San Fran I think we'd be good on the defensive side of the ball for this year excluding NT.
He won't go anywhere for cheap, that's why nobody is considering signing him at the moment. Pittsburgh cut him loose because he wasn't willing to restructure to help the team. Obviously he's not obligated to do that, but with injuries and declining play he would consider it. He flat out told them no way so they cut him loose. He's stated he's not signing a minimum deal as a FA.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #211
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
He won't go anywhere for cheap, that's why nobody is considering signing him at the moment. Pittsburgh cut him loose because he wasn't willing to restructure to help the team. Obviously he's not obligated to do that, but with injuries and declining play he would consider it. He flat out told them no way so they cut him loose. He's stated he's not signing a minimum deal as a FA.
I knew about him not wanting to re-structure with the Steelers, but a lot of guys won't do it with their current team. They feel like its a slap in the face. I guess for him there's no harm in waiting it out.
Old 03-29-2013   #212
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
Well it would help if he had a legit QB throwing to him.
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #213
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75474 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He is not "Texans worthy" whatever the hell that actually means.

Quote:
He wont get that here either then
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #214
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
He is not "Texans worthy" whatever the hell that actually means
Never been in trouble with the law.....
Old 03-29-2013   #215
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
He was slowly progressing last year, but I can't fault anybody for not playing that well while on the catastrophe known as the Raiders.
I'm not sure how many Raider games you've watched over the years, and quite frankly I'm not sure why you'd want to watch any as I've been a Raider fan since the early 80s and its hard for me to watch them now, but if DHB has shown any improvement it's from complete bust to meh. He just doesn't catch the ball well, he has a serious case of stone hands
Old 03-29-2013   #216
otisbean
All Pro

Quote:
When the ball hits you in the hands and you don't catch it, that's not on the QB. That happens quite a bit with DHB
Old 03-29-2013   #217
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
If the Texans offered Winston 1 MILL/1 year I bet he would bite.
I bet he would bite Rick Smith for insulting him like that. He is a caveman after all...
Old 03-29-2013   #218
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Wr Anthony Armstrong.
Old 03-29-2013   #219
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Wr Anthony Armstrong.
I think I'd pass on him. His career started off promising, but he's kind of fizzled out for whatever reason.
Old 03-29-2013   #220
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think I'd pass on him. His career started off promising, but he's kind of fizzled out for whatever reason.
I hear ya. He's a cheap vet though. It probably wont be him but it will be something in that mold. People clamoring for something sexier with more name recognition are going to be dissapointed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read