Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-28-2013   #581
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Miami takes CB, Darius Slay, Mississippi State.

Sorry guys, I was exhausted and just passed out :/. Guess that's what I get for leaving work early,
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #582
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

On the clock at 6:30 P.M.

25 55 Green Bay - Mussop

26 56 Seattle - Blake
27 57 Houston - Corrosion
28 58 Denver - Senor Stan
29 59 New England - Coon
30 60 Atlanta - Bong
31 61 San Francisco - Wolverine Fan
32 62 Baltimore - Rock-N-Randy
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #583
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Miami takes CB, Darius Slay, Mississippi State.

Sorry guys, I was exhausted and just passed out :/. Guess that's what I get for leaving work early,
LOL, you're on the dot.

I could have made that pick for you 4 hours ago, but I wanted to be sure you didn't change your mind.
Old 03-28-2013   #584
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

25 55 Green Bay - Mussop

26 56 Seattle - Blake
29 59 New England - Coon
30 60 Atlanta - Bong
Mussop has been emailed.
He was here a while ago, but left, going home may be?

I have the Seattle's pick in hand (for Blake), so corrosion, if you want to pick tonight, get ready.
Old 03-28-2013   #585
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL, you're on the dot.

I could have made that pick for you 4 hours ago, but I wanted to be sure you didn't change your mind.
I woke up on the couch confused and then immediately felt like an ass.

My wife made me feel like that at Bwling tonight. LOL Guess you can tell who's the bowler in the family. LOL

Last edited by steelbtexan; 03-28-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-28-2013   #586
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I woke up on the couch confused and then immediately felt like an ass.
Been there done that , and I suspect corrosion, among others, have had the same feeling, too.

Anyway, I've haven't seen enough of Slay, only because I don't think the Texans will draft a CB.

Can he play press?
Old 03-28-2013   #587
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Been there done that , and I suspect corrosion, among others, have had the same feeling, too.

Anyway, I've haven't seen enough of Slay, only because I don't think the Texans will draft a CB.

Can he play press?
He's pretty good in man coverage, because he seems to do a good job of anticipating and obviously his quickness and speed is top notch. He's not really a press guy, although he does have the aggressive attitude that is necessary to learn it, the long arms too. He comes across as a natural in pass coverage and does a good job of separating the ball and receiver.

What is hurting him is lack of experience. Compared to a guy like Xavier Rhodes, he is quite inexperienced. He also needs to work on his tackling technique. He has all the natural ability that you would want to work with though.

Edit: Forgot to add that he has alot of pick 6 potential. He has KR/PR type skills with the ball in his hands. This is the kind of guy that could change the whole game with a momentum snatching pick 6.
Old 03-28-2013   #588
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He's pretty good in man coverage, because he seems to do a good job of anticipating and obviously his quickness and speed is top notch. He's not really a press guy, although he does have the aggressive attitude that is necessary to learn it, the long arms too. He comes across as a natural in pass coverage and does a good job of separating the ball and receiver.

What is hurting him is lack of experience. Compared to a guy like Xavier Rhodes, he is quite inexperienced. He also needs to work on his tackling technique. He has all the natural ability that you would want to work with though.
What is it with the Dolphins keep moving their CBs out?
Old 03-28-2013   #589
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
What is it with the Dolphins keep moving their CBs out?
They are limited at the position as far as talent, they have next to nobody at CB. Davis was not getting alot better and had quite a few bonehead plays in Miami. Sean Smith is a good player, but he was surely not worth the contract he got in FA. Still, it left Miami depleted.

I'm not sure exactly what they prefer in their corners, as far as scheme, to be honest with you. I know that Slay is the type of prospect that can be molded though. All that athletic and natural coverage ability combined with his relative lack of experience leaves him as somewhat of a blank canvas.
Old 03-28-2013   #590
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
They are limited at the position as far as talent, they have next to nobody at CB. Davis was not getting alot better and had quite a few bonehead plays in Miami. Sean Smith is a good player, but he was surely not worth the contract he got in FA. Still, it left Miami depleted.

I'm not sure exactly what they prefer in their corners, as far as scheme, to be honest with you. I know that Slay is the type of prospect that can be molded though. All that athletic and natural coverage ability combined with his relative lack of experience leaves him as somewhat of a blank canvas.
I thought Davis was their best corner ; and then they let Allen walk in favor of Smith. Now all three are gone. Dolphins fans must be frustrated, you think?

Or were they fine with the Davis' trade? He was traded, wasn't he?

I've seen some wanting Rhodes in the first, then a DE in the second; but I think I agree with you if Slay works out about the same as Sean Smith (but they are quite different players, aren't they?)
Old 03-28-2013   #591
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I thought Davis was their best corner ; and then they let Allen walk in favor of Smith. Now all three are gone. Dolphins fans must be frustrated, you think?

Or were they fine with the Davis' trade? He was traded, wasn't he?

I've seen some wanting Rhodes in the first, then a DE in the second; but I think I agree with you if Slay works out about the same as Sean Smith (but they are quite different players, aren't they?)
Yea, they (Slay and Smith) are quite different. I obviously like Rhodes alot, but at #12 I am just not willing to take him. There will be a guy I have more highly rated there to take at a need position at #12 in almost every draft scenario.

It comes down to the Dolphins need a vet corner or two to compete desperately. If they trot out what they have now, even if they were able to get Milliner, they are going to get torched.
Old 03-28-2013   #592
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yea, they (Slay and Smith) are quite different. I obviously like Rhodes alot but at #12, I am just not willing to take him. There will be a guy I have more highly rated there to take at a need position at #12 in almost every draft scenario.

It comes down to the Dolphins need a vet corner or two to compete desperately. If they trot out what they have now, even if they are able to get a guy like Milliner, they are going to get torched.
I followed that.
Old 03-28-2013   #593
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Earl will be out of the loop for another day.
He has the Panthers and the Steelers.
I don't think the Panthers have a second round pick.
(Somebody helps double check please.)

For the Steelers, these are the needs (per Steelb)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
OLB/ILB/S/CB/WR/RB

Rd.1 Jarvis Jones OLB Ga.
Quote:
Round 2.

Hankins it is.

Next.
So they picked an edge rusher and a DT.

I'd like some suggestions here, please.
I will bring it up again when the time is near.
Old 03-28-2013   #594
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Thought I missed my pick. Phew.
Old 03-28-2013   #595
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Thought I missed my pick. Phew.
I would have sent you an email notification.
Old 03-28-2013   #596
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

25 55 Green Bay - Mussop

26 56 Seattle - Blake
29 59 New England - Coon
30 60 Atlanta - Bong
Bumped.
Old 03-28-2013   #597
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry guys fell asleep waiting on last pick. With Saturday retiring there is a big hole in the middle of the OL.

Green bay selects C Barrett Jones

Jones could also play OG and OT if needed. Rodgers needs better protection.

Sacked 51 times!!! Can't have the franchise getting killed like that. He will end up with mittens on.
Old 03-28-2013   #598
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78460 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Great pick with Jones. Guy was a beast in college, but his stock is not as valued as some of these other guys because he doesn't have the same "measureables".

He's going to be a good pro.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #599
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Versatile Jones he is!
Old 03-28-2013   #600
76Texan
Hall of Fame

With the 56th pick, the Seahawks select TE Zach Etrz, Stanford.

Wilson has another weapon here.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read