Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-28-2013   #541
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

At 51, the Redskins (Steelb) select CB Amerson, who needs no introduction.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #542
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

On the clock:

22 52 Minnesota - NC Texan

23 53 Cincinatti - Corrosion
24 54 Miami - Texans Seminole
25 55 Green Bay - Mussop
26 56 Seattle - Blake
27 57 Houston - Corrosion
28 58 Denver - Senor Stan
29 59 New England - Coon
30 60 Atlanta - Bong
31 61 San Francisco - Wolverine Fan
32 62 Baltimore - Rock-N-Randy
Old 03-28-2013   #543
76Texan
Hall of Fame

NCTexan was here 23 minutes ago; he'll probably check back soon.

Corrosion and Nole are in the building .
So is Mussop.
Old 03-28-2013   #544
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
At 51, the Redskins (Steelb) select CB Amerson, who needs no introduction.
Depending on how the Texans go in the first, I think David Amerson is a 2nd rounder as a safety and would be a solid pick.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #545
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 52nd selection the Vikings will select Sylvester Williams, DT, UNC.

Some may see this as early for Williams, but I'm glad he made it here. Though there's a little UNC homer in this pick, Williams will do good on the 4-3 the Vikings run. They need serious help up front, and between Williams and Minter I feel the Vikings have now solidified their front 7. These two will hopefully take heat off the secondary as well.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #546
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
Depending on how the Texans go in the first, I think David Amerson is a 2nd rounder as a safety and would be a solid pick.
Would definately have been on my board had the Texans not signed Ed Reed .... with Reed in the fold tho , the safety position isnt nearly the need it is without him. They do need another Safety as none of us want .... Keo anywhere near the field accept on special ed .... errr special teams.

I actually considered Amerson as a first rounder in a mock a couple months back .... tho I believe I went with Trufant in that mock ..... its been a while.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #547
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think it was Mayock who said that Amerson could sneak into the first.

He seems to me a very solid second rounder.
This is probably a good spot for him.
Old 03-28-2013   #548
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post

Some may see this as early for Williams, but I'm glad he made it here. Though there's a little UNC homer in this pick, Williams will do good on the 4-3 the Vikings run. They need serious help up front, and between Williams and Minter I feel the Vikings have now solidified their front 7. These two will hopefully take heat off the secondary as well.
Even if it's a reach, I think it would only be a slight reach, which means it's really not a reach. Probably a good spot for Sly.
Old 03-28-2013   #549
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

FFS am I on the clock ?!

Old 03-28-2013   #550
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
FFS am I on the clock ?!
You're too busy posting LOL.
Yes it's your turn .
Old 03-28-2013   #551
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post

I don't think it's a reach at all, I'm a fan of Williams. Outside of the big Dt at the top (Star, Richardson, Floyd) He is right there. He is better than Hankins, and right there with Short IMO
Old 03-28-2013   #552
coon
Veteran

I still think taking a safety with one of our first 4 picks is a good idea. My philosophy is to take whoever has the highest grade out of the WR,DT,OT,ILB, but if you can get one of Elam, Cyprein, Amerson, or Vaccaro seriously consider it, and push back ILB. Hodges, Klein and Alonzo are real good value around the 4th round,and safety will be a need again real soon.
Old 03-28-2013   #553
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't think it's a reach at all, I'm a fan of Williams. Outside of the big Dt at the top (Star, Richardson, Floyd) He is right there. He is better than Hankins, and right there with Short IMO
I think I like Hankins more than the Williams and maybe even Short for the reason that he's already shown stanina and durability as a Junior.

He played between 60-70 snaps as I read one of the reports.
Another report sad that he also has light feet.
Old 03-28-2013   #554
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I still think taking a safety with one of our first 4 picks is a good idea. My philosophy is to take whoever has the highest grade out of the WR,DT,OT,ILB, but if you can get one of Elam, Cyprein, Amerson, or Vaccaro seriously consider it, and push back ILB. Hodges, Klein and Alonzo are real good value around the 4th round,and safety will be a need again real soon.
Personally, I prefer the middle-of-the-road approach where you consider both the grades and the depth of the positions in the draft class.

Balance it out to make the final decision.
Old 03-28-2013   #555
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

At #53 Cincy picks Johnathan Franklin - RB UCLA

Somebody pour me a drink!

Old 03-28-2013   #556
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
At #53 Cincy picks Johnathan Franklin - RB UCLA
Boy looks damn good!
Old 03-28-2013   #557
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Dolphins on the clock, to be followed by Packers.
The time is 2:25
Old 03-28-2013   #558
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Boy looks damn good!
Agree'd .... Too bad the Texans cant afford this choice.

Quote:
Personally, I prefer the middle-of-the-road approach where you consider both the grades and the depth of the positions in the draft class.

Balance it out to make the final decision.
I look at it first as .... who's the best guy on the board.

How does he affect the game overall.

Is he a bigger upgrade than the best guy available at another position?!

The guy who makes the biggest impact is my likely pick ....

Someone pour me a drink

Old 03-28-2013   #559
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Agree'd .... Too bad the Texans cant afford this choice.

I look at it first as .... who's the best guy on the board.

How does he affect the game overall.

Is he a bigger upgrade than the best guy available at another position?!

The guy who makes the biggest impact is my likely pick ....

Someone pour me a drink
That and the fact you recognize the depth at WR in the draft adds up to the same philosophy.

P.S. I only drink cheap wine at home now when I'm by myself.
Old 03-28-2013   #560
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
P.S. I only drink cheap wine at home now when I'm by myself.
Im not drinking cheap wine ..... only top shelf lic .... liquor.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read