Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-28-2013   #501
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
lol...

So are we still waiting on Earl?
Yup, he's on the clock with the steelers; what do they need?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #502
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
A GM?

Coming up:

18 48 Pittsburgh - Honoring Earl
19 49 New York Giants - htownfan32
20 50 Chicago - Dutchrudder
21 51 Washington - Steel B Texan
22 52 Minnesota - NC Texan
23 53 Cincinatti - Corrosion
24 54 Miami - Texans Seminole
25 55 Green Bay - Mussop
26 56 Seattle - Blake
27 57 Houston - Corrosion
28 58 Denver - Senor Stan
29 59 New England - Coon
30 60 Atlanta - Bong
31 61 San Francisco - Wolverine Fan
32 62 Baltimore - Rock-N-Randy
Old 03-28-2013   #503
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
A GM?

Coming up:

18 48 Pittsburgh - Honoring Earl
It's almost 3 hours and he's still not around; they certainly need a GM, that's for sure.

So what do the Steelers need? Anybody knows?
Old 03-28-2013   #504
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's almost 3 hours and he's still not around; they certainly need a GM, that's for sure.

So what do the Steelers need? Anybody knows?
OLB, ILB, S, OG, DE, WR, TE, RB, and a QB to back up Big Ben.

You could throw a dart and hit a need. They have holes all over.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #505
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
OLB, ILB, S, OG, DE, WR, TE, RB, and a QB to back up Big Ben.

You could throw a dart and hit a need. They have holes all over.
Man, I just check around and looks like they have a lot of hole to fill, LOL.

There's no concensus on what their fans want in the first round.
Old 03-28-2013   #506
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

OLB/ILB/S/CB/WR/RB

Rd.1 Jarvis Jones OLB Ga.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #507
76Texan
Hall of Fame

I see Jonathan Hankins DT, Eric Reed FS/SS, and Robert Woods WR as viable candidates.

To confirm that, I check around and saw that all 3 were mocked in the FIRST round to the Steelers, but more people see Woods in the second.

I think they go with Hankins; my final answer.

What's your vote? Anybody?
Old 03-28-2013   #508
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I see Jonathan Hankins DT, Eric Reed FS/SS, and Robert Woods WR as viable candidates.

To confirm that, I check around and saw that all 3 were mocked in the FIRST round to the Steelers, but more people see Woods in the second.

I think they go with Hankins; my final answer.

What's your vote? Anybody?
A kicker ?!

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #509
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Once we get done with the vote for Earl shortly after 11, I see several GMs currently on line; I hope we can make up some time then.
Old 03-28-2013   #510
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
A kicker ?!
No wonder Seņor Stan likes to rib ya' LOL
Old 03-28-2013   #511
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No wonder Seņor Stan likes to rib ya' LOL
Stan's been giving me hell since 2002 .... So has Honoring Earl for that matter ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 03-28-2013   #512
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Stan's been giving me hell since 2002 .... So has Honoring Earl for that matter ....
Doesn't matter if you ask for it or not, huh?!?

At any rate, how long should we take to make the vote for a pick?
What did y'all do last year?
Old 03-28-2013   #513
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I PM'd 76 my picks, and I'm heading to lunch in a few. I don't have a pick until the 4th, so I'm good. Cya
Old 03-28-2013   #514
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Got it, Dutch!

If there's no vote by 11:10 A.M., I will make the selection for Earl as above.
Consider the next team to be on the clock at 11:15 A.M.
Old 03-28-2013   #515
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Got it, Dutch!

If there's no vote by 11:10 A.M., I will make the selection for Earl as above.
Consider the next team to be on the clock at 11:15 A.M.
With the Steelers losing Hampton I believe Hankins should be the pick.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #516
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Hankins it is.

Next.
Old 03-28-2013   #517
76Texan
Hall of Fame

The Giants are on the clock at 11:15 A.M.
Htownfan32 has been emailed; and he was here earlier.
Pick #49

Pick #50 (Bears) is in.
Old 03-28-2013   #518
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Doesn't matter if you ask for it or not, huh?!?

At any rate, how long should we take to make the vote for a pick?
What did y'all do last year?
I was suppose to have the Texans last year and then gave them up as I didnt have time for this ... Grandma was in the hospital .... I dont know how they did things in past TT Mocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I agree with this pick.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 03-28-2013   #519
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

I wonder .... with (Usually reliable) people missing picks .... maybe we should just employ the same system the NFL does ?!

If your pick isnt in when your clock expires , the teams behind you pick .... and your pick remains empty until you make a selection ?!? If I recall correctly , we saw a team do this in a recent draft .... who was it ?!? I forget ....

Might need to have a pool of people to take over teams ofthose that flat out quit .... but this would keep the draft honest.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 03-28-2013   #520
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I wonder .... with (Usually reliable) people missing picks .... maybe we should just employ the same system the NFL does ?!

If your pick isnt in when your clock expires , the teams behind you pick .... and your pick remains empty until you make a selection ?!? If I recall correctly , we saw a team do this in a recent draft .... who was it ?!? I forget ....

Might need to have a pool of people to take over teams ofthose that flat out quit .... but this would keep the draft honest.
We can put it up for a vote.
Please say yea or nay.

I vote yea.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read