Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-27-2013   #481
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Thank you. I signed a contract with a 4 hour window. I run a very busy shop. If I knew up front that there was someone who didn't have anything to do except push this to having a pick in 5 minuets I'd have never signed on.

If that's the way it's gonna go, let me KNOW NOW and I'll resign as the GM of the Jets 'cause I just can't do it. I want to pick for my team but if I can't have my allotted time then I'm out.

Just lemme know.

NOW please.
Jeez sorry I made a suggestion. Wasn't trying to piss people off. Just thought it would be easier. No big deal like corrosion said, we have a month to finish.
Old 03-27-2013   #482
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quit being drama queens, guys, LOL!

Suggestions are good; don't mean we're gonna do anything we haven't agreed on (as a group).

I think RNR and the Cowboys will be on the clock at 7:00 AM,
but let steelb go over things with them (Earl and R&R) in the morning before we continue on, just because Earl will be up again (for the Steelers.)

So, steelb will make the announcement and we can go on from there; shouldn't be too much of a problem... at least I hope so!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #483
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5406 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboys have many remaining needs to address

DL — With the defensive shift, the Cowboys need a catalytic player — a three-down scheme-wrecker who can rush the passer, collapse the pocket and stuff the run. Anthony Spencer, who would be an end in this scheme, was franchised. That locks him up for this season, but long term the position could be in flux. The Cowboys also could use help inside too.

OLB — The Cowboys appear set with Sean Lee in the middle and Bruce Carter on the weak side (assuming they stay healthy, of course), but there is no game-changer at the other spot. A dynamic player is needed at OLB

OL — Despite making changes to four of five spots last year, more are coming. Tyron Smith is the left tackle; after that it’s a lot of unknowns. OLG Nate Livings probably will start, too, but the interior needs help at center and guard. ORT Doug Free gave up snaps to Jermey Parnell and was cut this offseason. Parnell looked OK in limited time, but do the Cowboys want him as their Week One starter? Parnell likely will receive competition. Cowboys must protect Romo too have a chance in the NFC East.
-via Yahoo sports

In the 2013 NFL Draft the Dallas Cowboys select....
Jamie Collins, LB, Southern Mississippi
Collins is the most explosive defender in the draft
Just look at his combine numbers
Once a sleeper now he has risen too day 2 selection potentially 1st RD pick.
Dallas needs a buzz player a buzz pick.
Jerry Jones needs Jamie Collins, who is the Tavon Austin of defense.
This guy is a former safety who in a few short years turned himself into a heat seeking missile at 6'3 250 lbs. Linebacker. Inside outside guy. Low high, has a huge range, can fly all over and literary jump out of his shoes.
Come April, whoever truly gets this guy is going to get one hell of a player.
Guy is committed, it shows in his play, his heart, his body/frame.

His combination of size, speed, strength, and athleticism are rare and should have him hearing his name called earlier than expected. Collins played on some poor Southern Miss teams and wasn’t surrounded by much talent. Despite that fact, he managed to produce 10 sacks during his senior campaign on an 0-12 team

Wanted to go OL but none worthy of this selection
In two short picks Dallas' defense got a whole lot better in a hurry with Vaccaro and now Collins. To add with former picks Lee Spencer Ware and Claiborne (FA addition) Carr.

Last edited by Rock N Randy; 03-28-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #484
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
With the 37th pick in the 2013 TTL Mock Draft, the Bengals select:

Arthur Brown - OLB Kansas St.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Not a bad pick at all, I think Brown has a lot of talent and may slip into the first round when it's all said and done.
Yeah I thought so to. I actually considered him at 27 for the Texans and dont think it would have been a reach. His size kinda scared me off there but here in the second round for a team needing LBer help almost as bad as the Texans ...

I found it very difficult to make that choice as its a real conflict of interest with the Texans who Im also drafting for.
I hated to take away from the talent pool of a position that I may be picking from for the Texans .... Cause I really dont give a damn about the Bungles but feel obligated to do the same job for them and for the board in general as I would my Texans.
I feel like both picks Ive made thus far for Cincy have a negative effect upon the Texans ... at RT and at LB.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #485
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Hope your day has gotten better. Good pick BTW
Tomorrow will be a better day. It was just one of those crappy, only happens twice a year, kind of days. I'm just glad that another one of my picks didnt go by. I didn't get around to the computer again until late.

This mock is quite different than others I have seen. Miami has a ton of later round selections. I need to brush up on my late round guys.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #486
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Yeah I thought so to. I actually considered him at 27 for the Texans and dont think it would have been a reach. His size kinda scared me off there but here in the second round for a team needing LBer help almost as bad as the Texans ...

I found it very difficult to make that choice as its a real conflict of interest with the Texans who Im also drafting for.
I hated to take away from the talent pool of a position that I may be picking from for the Texans .... Cause I really dont give a damn about the Bungles but feel obligated to do the same job for them and for the board in general as I would my Texans.
I feel like both picks Ive made thus far for Cincy have a negative effect upon the Texans ... at RT and at LB.
Don't forget your picks for Texans as well

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #487
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Thanks for the support , we all know you would have done a much better job .... made everyone happy

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 03-28-2013   #488
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Thanks for the support , we all know you would have done a much better job .... made everyone happy
Man, Corrosion TOTALLY blew the Texans 2nd round pick!
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #489
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Man, Corrosion TOTALLY blew the Texans 2nd round pick!
Im begining to wonder if ribbing me is your favorite past time.

At least you arent doing it from the sidelines .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 03-28-2013   #490
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Old 03-28-2013   #491
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
He'd have reached for a WR ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 03-28-2013   #492
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Glitch in the Matrix....

I am showing up as Green Bay's GM...it is actually Mussop...
Old 03-28-2013   #493
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't heard from Earl.

I believe he has things going on at work.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #494
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I haven't heard from Earl.

I believe he has things going on at work.
It happens.
Anybody with time wants to get prepared for the situation where we need to help him make the choice?
Old 03-28-2013   #495
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Glitch in the Matrix....

I am showing up as Green Bay's GM...it is actually Mussop...
Steelb, do you know how to edit that google document that Dutchrudder created?

For the Packers, it shows that Senor Stan is the GM; it should have been mussop.
Old 03-28-2013   #496
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I can fix it...

Edit: and don
Old 03-28-2013   #497
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I can fix it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CjyhubgNTc
Old 03-28-2013   #498
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post

In the 2013 NFL Draft the Dallas Cowboys select....
Jamie Collins, LB, Southern Mississippi
Collins is the most explosive defender in the draft
Just look at his combine numbers

His combination of size, speed, strength, and athleticism are rare and should have him hearing his name called earlier than expected. Collins played on some poor Southern Miss teams and wasn’t surrounded by much talent. Despite that fact, he managed to produce 10 sacks during his senior campaign on an 0-12 team
Tons of potential, but still very raw.

This is definitely a pick for potential; risky but could pay off handsomely, IMO.
Old 03-28-2013   #499
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
lol...

So are we still waiting on Earl?
Old 03-28-2013   #500
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Nice compliment!

Thanks Dutch.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read