Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013   #2061
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 20183 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

So he has a nerve impingement and a lingering labrum tear; is that the diagnosis of this message board?
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #2062
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
So, simply put, Labral tears are basically damage to the cartilage of the shoulder joint and rotator cuff injuries are failures (tears) to the muscles that provide mobility to the shoulder??

thanks again!
Correct.l And basiclally, the labrum contributes to the stability (by containing the ball in the socket in suction cup-like fashion) and allows "smooth" movement of the shoulder, whille the totator cuff contributes to providiing full range of motor function and stability to the shoulder (by maintining even pressure of the ball to remain firmly in contact with the socket throughout range of motion). The "stability" is thus provided through different mechanism iby each entity.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #2063
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Correct.l And basiclally, the labrum contributes to the stability (by containing the ball in the socket in suction cup-like fashion) and allows "smooth" movement of the shoulder, whille the totator cuff contributes to providiing full range of motor function and stability to the shoulder (by maintining even pressure of the ball to remain firmly in contact with the socket throughout range of motion). The "stability" is thus provided through different mechanism iby each entity.
So, with all that's been said, is Ed Reed damaged goods? Will the time off help heal his situation or does he need surgery?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #2064
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
You forgot to mention that the cure is damn near as bad as the ailment. I spent almost 3 months sleeping sitting up and over 6 months rehabbing. My torn rotator cuff was severe and had a torn labrum to boot. It was absolute hell getting over the surgery.
I can agree here. Last year I had surgery on another shoulder. I tore the rotator cuff, labrum and had a clavicle resection done. My labrum was torn pretty bad and needed 4 anchors (I think that's the right term) to reattach. It's my understanding that labrum tears take longer to heal than cuffs.

IMO, I think the "ED Reed had a torn labrum" talk is bull-butter. Otherwise, there would've been an operation involved. Maybe there was? Dunno
Old 03-27-2013   #2065
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Question for you guys who know about it; the torn labrum would show up in a physical, right?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #2066
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I just googled "Ed Reed torn labrum" and several articles came up.

One of them is here:
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...7-2466492d57ff

And then there's this piece that says it's minor :
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...-labrum-injury
Old 03-27-2013   #2067
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 20183 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

“There's one problem: The Ravens didn't list him on the injury report, which is a violation of league rules,” wrote ESPN’s Jamison Hensley. “So either the Ravens chose not to disclose the injury or Reed isn't really that hurt.”

I said when I read this that he was covering for his poor play by saying this. The Ravens didn't put him on an injury report before this.

It may be something, may not be.

BTW, get used to a guy named Glenn Younes; he's on the radio here in Baltimore, 105.7 The Fan...he's the director of Ed Reed's Foundation also. Huge player apologist.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #2068
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
So, with all that's been said, is Ed Reed damaged goods? Will the time off help heal his situation or does he need surgery?
Not necessarily, especially if he has only sustained a minor labrum tear.

Refer to http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...postcount=2030

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...postcount=2030

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 03-27-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-27-2013   #2069
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
“There's one problem: The Ravens didn't list him on the injury report, which is a violation of league rules,” wrote ESPN’s Jamison Hensley. “So either the Ravens chose not to disclose the injury or Reed isn't really that hurt.”

I said when I read this that he was covering for his poor play by saying this. The Ravens didn't put him on an injury report before this.

It may be something, may not be.

BTW, get used to a guy named Glenn Younes; he's on the radio here in Baltimore, 105.7 The Fan...he's the director of Ed Reed's Foundation also. Huge player apologist.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #2070
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, we need to get rid of Ed Reed since he won't really help us.

And while we're at it, let's get rid of our new fullback, Greg Jones, too.

And our punter.

After all, we're better with Glover Quin and James Casey and Donnie Jones. I mean, last year proved it...oh wait, whoops. My bad. Glover maxed out his ceiling in terms of his coverage skills on the deep ball vs. great QBs, James Casey was a hybrid FB/HB/TE experiment that involved us also adding Lawrence Vickers (thinking the hybrid solution would suffice, but it didn't), and Donnie Jones shanked punts down the stretch and into the playoffs that hurt us.

Not to mention the cost of keeping Quin would have been $1 million more than what we're giving Ed per-year, and the Eagles overpaid for James Casey just like the Raiders overpaid for Brisiel, the Bengals overpaid for Jason Allen, the Bills WAY overpaid for Williams, I could go on and on with how many teams overpaid for our players in terms of what production they received.

Yet Ed Reed is garbage. LOL. "Ozzie knows how to let a guy go a year early rather than a year too late" and yet Ozzie has had eight departures of key starters this off-season. I mean, it's not like there's a MONSTER quarterback contract driving these moves or anything, right? Heh.

Ozzie put together a Super Bowl team and tore it down a few weeks later when he had to save face for the organization by overpaying a mediocre QB. I'm not happy that McNair extended Schaub, but at least he didn't do it up as bad as the Ravens did for Flacco. So we got that going for us, which is nice.

Just thought I'd feed the troll since it's 5:00 and quitting time around here.
Old 03-27-2013   #2071
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
...Just thought I'd feed the troll since it's 5:00 and quitting time around here.
I heard the troll was full and left. No???

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #2072
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

I like this shunning tactic in order not to feed the troll! If you dont respond to any of his posts, and dont direct anything his way, why would he stay? He could go hang out in the KC board, or heck why not just join any random team and start padding that post count? LOL
Old 03-27-2013   #2073
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I like this shunning tactic in order not to feed the troll! If you dont respond to any of his posts, and dont direct anything his way, why would he stay? He could go hang out in the KC board, or heck why not just join any random team and start padding that post count? LOL
I thought it was the Titans and How Pollard sucks without Reed covering for him thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #2074
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I thought it was the Titans and How Pollard sucks without Reed covering for him thread.
That is awesome!! I see what you did there......

BTW, How are you doing on your journey BrakoPapalos???
Old 03-27-2013   #2075
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Question for you guys who know about it; the torn labrum would show up in a physical, right?

Not necessarily on physical exam. But rather on MRI.
Old 03-28-2013   #2076
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I heard the troll was full and left. No???
Maybe so.

Maybe his keeper has him on a Traveling Oddities Tour where he goes from board to board, trolling a team's fans and seeing if he can get love for his Ravens while also finding ways to make a-hole comments about their team at the same time.

You can't keep a talent like handswarmer in one location for too long. You have to keep the gypsie wagon rolling along, always looking for greener pastures out there. Trolls require an insane amount of food and attention, of course, so it's imperative that he stays as active as he can.

The last thing this world needs is a troll who is barely getting by. Please consider joining me in the Adopt A Troll coalition. We can make all trolls know that they are needed and valued. Friends don't let friends starve trolls.

LOL.
Old 03-28-2013   #2077
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Not necessarily on physical exam. But rather on MRI.
They don't take an MRI during a player's physical exam?
Old 03-28-2013   #2078
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
They don't take an MRI during a player's physical exam?
They should evaluate this type of injury with a RECENT MRI. But I've seen some "evaluations" based on old MRIs where progressive changes are not recognized....thus negating the validity of an adequate evaluation. Hopefully, the Texans requested their own "contemporary" study prior to the contract as part of their physical.
Old 03-28-2013   #2079
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
They should evaluate this type of injury with a RECENT MRI. But I've seen some "evaluations" based on old MRIs where progressive changes are not recognized....thus negating the validity of an adequate evaluation. Hopefully, the Texans requested their own "contemporary" study prior to the contract as part of their physical.
I hope they are not neglecting it.
Old 03-28-2013   #2080
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read