Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-25-2013   #81
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
This is the type of safety I'd like to see the Texans pick up as their #3 .... a big guy who can play in the box and has the size / speed to match up with this new breed of TE.
I mentioned this a few times before , but more of a hybrid of a S and LBer. Size , speed and a nasty disposition .....

When the ILB opposite Cushing is removed , this is the guy I plug in ..... I wouldnt have minded Pollard being brought back in this role.

I have no idea where to rank him among safety's or even what round he may be picked in .... Most sites Ive seen show him as an UDFA but I see so much potential its hard to see him go undrafted.
Yeah, there are a few big guys that are intriguing. Too much potential to be an UDFA. It's not like he's a one trick pony.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #82
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was watching Amerson before, but is now switching to the SS Earl Wolff sincee I hear the Dop talking him up.

Dopler, did you watch the game against UNC?
First game I picked out and Wolff looks very shaky.
At least 3 very bad moments in coverage and missing tackles twice.
I hope it's his only bad game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcRwa6A7c7I
Old 03-26-2013   #83
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I really like rambo in the 3rd. He's a true fs with range and is a playmaker. One way or another, the texans need 2 safeties. manning and reed are 1-2 yr guys right now. So it would be wise to get that guy on the roster now imo.
Old 03-26-2013   #84
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I really like rambo in the 3rd. He's a true fs with range and is a playmaker. One way or another, the texans need 2 safeties. manning and reed are 1-2 yr guys right now. So it would be wise to get that guy on the roster now imo.
I agree but there are plenty of other safeties as well. Best class I can remember in fact, since covering the Texans. Jonathan Cyprien is my fav he went out the window when they signed Reed. Next is Matt Elam he too went bye bye. Then was thinking Phillip Thomas in 2nd but too many other pressing needs. Shamarko Thomas is a beast, like him better than Rambo but close. Robert Lester & Eric Reid are a couple big FS who fit right in with Manning & Reed. Then you start dropping to 4th-5th territory with Duke Williams, Shawn Williams & Eric Wolfe all better than what we have behind Reed/Manning. So I think the sweet spot is anywhere from compensatory 3rd to 5th rounds.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #85
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
While I agree they need to find a couple safety's for the future , I have to wonder if they can afford the luxury of taking two in this draft with so many other holes to fill and so little money to spend. Especially if they are seriously planning on a deep playoff run.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #86
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Right now the guys on my preference list are Cyprien, Taylor, and the big kid from Tulsa.

Just rewatched a couple more NC St game, and saw some more poor coverage, bad angles, and mis-tackles.
Old 03-26-2013   #87
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans scout chatting up Kenny Vaccaro at UT pro day...

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #88
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Let the Cowboys take him, just like in the TT Mock Draft.
Old 03-27-2013   #89
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Cyprien's going to be busy

Quote:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3m
S Jonathan Cyprien will visit 11 teams: Falcons, Panthers, Redskins, Cowboys, Dolphins, Jags, Cards, Titans, Browns, Niners, Texans.
Old 03-27-2013   #90
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Cyprien's going to be busy
DAYUM! He IS gonna be busy. Stock rising ya think?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #91
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115980 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I agree but there are plenty of other safeties as well. Best class I can remember in fact, since covering the Texans. Jonathan Cyprien is my fav he went out the window when they signed Reed. Next is Matt Elam he too went bye bye. Then was thinking Phillip Thomas in 2nd but too many other pressing needs. Shamarko Thomas is a beast, like him better than Rambo but close. Robert Lester & Eric Reid are a couple big FS who fit right in with Manning & Reed. Then you start dropping to 4th-5th territory with Duke Williams, Shawn Williams & Eric Wolfe all better than what we have behind Reed/Manning. So I think the sweet spot is anywhere from compensatory 3rd to 5th rounds.
J.J. Wilcox is a mid-round guy that I like.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #92
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
J.J. Wilcox is a mid-round guy that I like.
I wonder if Wilcox or Taylor will be there in the 4/5th rd?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013   #93
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 29m
Quote:
Eric Reid's stock is on the rise and could go round 1
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013   #94
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

If we draft Vaccaro in the first round I'll be sick...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read