Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-18-2013   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Broncos forced to cut Elvis Dumervil after contract gaffe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I thought I read that it was sent to Dumervil's agent 30 minutes before the deadline. There's enough blame to go around on this one, I think. The Broncos shouldn't have sent it that late and even so, Dumervil's agent should have been waiting by the fax with Elway on the phone going "WHERE IS IT WHERE IS IT!!!???"
That's way too late!
I had mentioned before that if it was me, I would have set the deadline for Dumervil's agent to send in the agreement a day in advance, at least.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #22
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
That's way too late!
I had mentioned before that if it was me, I would have set the deadline for Dumervil's agent to send in the agreement a day in advance, at least.
Well then he would have been cut, because they didn't come to an agreement until the day of this fiasco. You can't force a contract on a player, so I don't really see how they could have made this happen. Dumerville and his agent knew the deadline was the time the 12m guarantee kicked in.

It really doesn't matter in the longrun though, they could easily come to terms on a deal that would pay Elvis 8m this year, and have the exact same caphits as they would have before the cut. Whether or not they are willing to do that is the real question.
Old 03-18-2013   #23
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

March 6th was the first I heard off that the Broncos wanted Dumervil to take a pay cut per NFL Network's Albert Breer.

It really doesn't matter when; in fact, Elway probably had everything ready before the start of free agency to get the initial proposal to Dumervil's agent.
And he probably did just that.

Can he set the deadline for the final answer a day ahead of the cut-off date by the league. I don't see why not.
But he didn't.

Right there is the fail.
Old 03-24-2013   #24
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 121813 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

He is a raven

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...=Facebook_news
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Not a chance the Broncos can match $8.5M in year one.
Old 03-24-2013   #26
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Ozzie Newsome is the best GM in the NFL.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013   #27
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Ozzie Newsome is the best GM in the NFL.
and somehow, he's got 12 draft picks in this year's draft to work with too.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013   #28
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Scumbag fax machine.

Browns, are you there? Sign this man right now!!!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013   #29
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Plus all the comp picks they'll get next year for all the free agents they lost this offseason. Dumervil's contract is even cheaper than the one Kruger got from Cleveland. I just laugh at the people that think the Ravens are going to stink now because of Flacco's contract and the free agents they lost. Ozzie Newsome is no dummy.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #30
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Plus all the comp picks they'll get next year for all the free agents they lost this offseason. Dumervil's contract is even cheaper than the one Kruger got from Cleveland. I just laugh at the people that think the Ravens are going to stink now because of Flacco's contract and the free agents they lost. Ozzie Newsome is no dummy.
They'll probably have one average season and then go back to being contenders. The AFC North could be pretty weak this year though, so they could win it again.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #31
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
and somehow, he's got 12 draft picks in this year's draft to work with too.
Ravens have received the most compensatory picks since they started giving them out- because people want the Ravens players.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #32
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
They'll probably have one average season and then go back to being contenders. The AFC North could be pretty weak this year though, so they could win it again.
Have you looked at the roster lately?

The Ravens defense actually got younger, which is what they were going to do anyway before the won the Super Bowl.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #33
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90222 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Have you looked at the roster lately?

The Ravens defense actually got younger, which is what they were going to do anyway before the won the Super Bowl.
Agree but it'll take a year to get the younger players to gel. You can't get rid of that much front-line talent and not take a bit of a hit.

I completely agree with Ozzie Newsome and think the man is a genius...and everything I've ever wanted in a GM...

He made the tough decisions that most (especially my Titans) would never have the balls to make until it was too late.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read