Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-27-2013   #421
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
With the 42nd pick in the fake Texans Talk Mock Draft, the Buffalo Bills will select Wide Receiver, Justin Hunter, University of Tennessee. Noticing a lack of weapons at the WR spot, and with a new QB who is probably going to take over the reigns, the Bills will take the other playmaker that made Tyler Bray look so good.

The young Barkley will have a shiny new toy to go along with Stevie Johnson, and hopefully the Bills will have at least a serviceable passing game to go with those two baller RB's they keep locked up in the cold north.

Junk is in tact!
There's a drop off from Marquise Lee to Hunter, but it will work.

Man, I want the Texans to trade for next year pick to have that guy.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #422
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
It's not about being notified. I check the thread often enough to know when I may be close. I work in property management. Sometimes I have to run off and view te damage on a roof collapse, or a car running into a building, or a fire, or a car running into the gate, or calm down some crack head. During those times, I cannot post. So notification is not the issue, not having some leeway in time is. It's all good, I just can't participate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
We stay with the 4-hr rule.
Sorry that we didn't keep up with the time.
(Man I hate to throw Steelb under the bus LOL).

I will make sure to verify the time.
Also, I think it will be helpful for everybody to know about how soon their turn might come up.

If everybody take four hours, the mock draft will last forever.
We all understand that some have a busy schedule; it's only a matter to help each other out.

After all, we're only having fun; we don't need more stress, right?
Old 03-27-2013   #423
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To be completely honest with you, if it is going to move this quickly, I don't have time for this draft. I have a very busy next 10 days and can't be expected to be here ALL the time, which would be quite necessary to make the picks that quickly. Y'all can take the Dolphins and Eagles, I will just continue to miss picks at this pace.
A mistake was made,

I wish you would reconsider, but if not I understand.

The Dolphins are on the clock. Hope you make the pick.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #424
76Texan
Hall of Fame

To me, the most important thing is to make this mock draft something that all participants can enjoy.

I volunteer not to have a team so I can spend time monitoring to help move things along in a pace that suits everybody.

However, there's always give and take.
If we're going to make this enjoyable for every one, it will be helpful if everybody is in the loop.

None of us knows about another's schedule if we don't communicate.

Some have school, some have work.
I'm mostly free for the time being, so I thought I'd help out.

Please don't take it the wrong way.
Old 03-27-2013   #425
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm good with the pace either way...

76 and all that are running this are doing a good job IMO.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #426
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Thanks

We are trying to do things right. But mistakes will be made, what do you think we should do with the Dolphins pick?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #427
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Agreed, I am busy too with work and school, but 76 has bent over backwards to help me out. It's all in good fun.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #428
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Don't worry; it's just a little hiccup.
We'll clear it up!

Thank you all for understanding.

Let's move on and have some more fun!
Old 03-27-2013   #429
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's get back too draft talk please
It's a member mock and for the sake of the mock and the majority participating
There are 4hr windows and 76 is notifying per via PM
If your draft card expires your pick opens up and can be made by any member
Back to the mock

Titans just a lot better and Bills too
I love Hunter but I don't see him succeeding in the Bermuda triangle that is Buffalo/Toronto
I love Eifert too. I would not be happy to see him in a Titan uniform
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #430
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Thanks

We are trying to do things right. But mistakes will be made, what do you think we should do with the Dolphins pick?
Well it appears Seminole left, so I think he quit. If anyone wants to take over this team, we should get that done now rather than later.

I don't know the Dolphins needs that well, but I do know they don't need a WR. CB appears to be a need, RT is a need if they don't come to terms with Eric Winston. TE is a need because Dustin Keller isn't that great and Fasano left. RB is a need after losing Reggie Bush.

I think Eddie Lacy RB could go here, Darius Slay CB, Johnthan Banks CB or maybe Terron Armstead OT.
Old 03-27-2013   #431
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Well it appears Seminole left, so I think he quit. If anyone wants to take over this team, we should get that done now rather than later.

I don't know the Dolphins needs that well, but I do know they don't need a WR. CB appears to be a need, RT is a need if they don't come to terms with Eric Winston. TE is a need because Dustin Keller isn't that great and Fasano left. RB is a need after losing Reggie Bush.

I think Eddie Lacy RB could go here, Darius Slay CB, Johnthan Banks CB or maybe Terron Armstead OT.
There would be nothing wrong with Lacy going to the Dolphins with their pick in the 2nd round if everybody agrees he'd be best whatever scheme Joe Philbin is running there (Is it a ZBS?)
Old 03-27-2013   #432
76Texan
Hall of Fame

It was a little unclear to me if Nole had decided one way or another.
(Wished he did.)

But he did say it's all good.

If y'all want, we can go ahead with what you have in mind, and he can decide it for sure later when he has the time.
Old 03-27-2013   #433
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Looks like he's back like I thought.
Old 03-27-2013   #434
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd pick Tank Carradine if available.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #435
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Looks like he's back like I thought.
I hade 3 ceilings collapse this morning and am in fix crisis mode. Don't think I will be around after this one.
Old 03-27-2013   #436
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That would have been my next choice!
Old 03-27-2013   #437
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I hade 3 ceilings collapse this morning and am in fix crisis mode. Don't think I will be around after this one.
Go do what you need to do.
Like you said; it's all good!
Old 03-27-2013   #438
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cool, Tank it is. Next up:

43. Tampa Bay Ndevine7
44. Carolina
New Orleans Forefeited
45. San Diego
46. St. Louis
47. Dallas
48. Pittsburgh
49. NYG
50. Chicago
51.Washington
Old 03-27-2013   #439
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Sorry if I am cranky. I have had people screaming in my face since literally 5:45 this morning.
Old 03-27-2013   #440
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Sorry if I am cranky. I have had people screaming in my face since literally 5:45 this morning.
Don't worry about it!
It wasn't your fault anyway.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read