Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013   #181
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: There's a reason Ed Reed won't put Houston over the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
As far as what I posted on another board, its more of an appreciation for tm, a fan base that I spar with constantly yet I am friends with- having met some of them and drank beers while talking football. Sure some hate me; I sue that to my advantage but in general they respect me. Maybe I was harsh- do you want an apology? My guess is that if I gave one, you and others would discredit it immediately. Its a no win situation for me. I understand that but it doesn't change who I am or what I write.
This is about the weakest and spineless tail-between-the-legs spewage I've read in years.

You were propping them by ripping us? What are you, a 13 year old girl?

If you think so lowly of this forum's members, why are you here if not to spam it with redundant nonsense?

"Need" your apology? No. Don't flatter yourself. This forum was here long before you arrived and will be here long after you have gifted it with your prolonged absence.
Old 03-27-2013   #182
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 20183 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Here's my problem; nobody on this board thinks Ed Reed is going to provide any kind of miracle. The majority of us have what I consider to be realistic expectations for what he will bring to the table, which is a guy who can make a solid contribution from a physical standpoint, apply his experience on the field, and show the other defensive backs how he prepares for the game.
I think your assertion that we all expect him to be some kind of miracle is a straw man argument that you perpetuate, but doesn't exist.
In short, I think you insist on arguing a point that nobody really opposes.
Ed Reed is not going to be a miracle for the Texans. Ed reed will not be the thing that puts the Texans "over the top". Ed Reed should be able to make a positive contribution to the success of the Texans in 2013.
Again, Clark Judge of CBS Sports wrote the blog- I only posted it. I guess posting an article/blog inherently ensures that one believes the entire article/blog and that it is not posted for information purposes? That the poster may believe parts of the blog/Article but not everything contained in the piece?

But for relevance, one can browse through the thread "Ed Reed to visit Texans" to see the reactions- or even at the beginning of this thread.
Old 03-27-2013   #183
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 20183 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
My GF was convinced that I was a bass player so she gave me one she mysteriously had lying around. I picked it up and started fooling with it and have been addicted to it ever since.
I played a little trumpet in High school and learning to read in another cleft is taking a bit of adjustment. If you really want to learn an instrument give it a shot. You might find the one that speaks to you.

I would think the lack of snow would be KIND of a good thing. Too much of it is a problem, but next winter MIGHT be a cold one. You never know.
In 2010, I made almost $30k off two snow storms- slept in my truck for two weeks while working but made nice cake.
Old 03-27-2013   #184
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans Sux 72 View Post
Not jealous. Just don't like em. And now they reap what they sow.
Just like The Pats once Brady retires.
The Steelers are the exception. They have been solid for almost 40 years and have the rings to prove it.

I don't want or need an apology. Just think its chicken bleep. I'm telling you how I see it here not on another forum.
Well, the Pats were in a couple of other Super Bowls with out Brady albeit losers.

Steelers? they have won 2 and lost 2 since 95. But are perennially in the hunt since 95.

Same as the Ravens.

Ad whatever you want to call it, I am still here, standing by it. You want me to run away? No chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
It's not like Reed is showing up on a Defense with NO Talent. Some outside of Houston are acting like the Texans are a bunch of no talent rubes and Reed is our defensive messiah. Let's remember than Bill Belecheat had to formulate a special game plan to face J.J. Watt. I think Reed will be a pretty good cog in a machine that needs a fine tuning.
Texans have had a very good defense for the last 2-3 years; no one disputes that. They always scare the crap out of me.
Old 03-27-2013   #185
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
This is about the weakest and spineless tail-between-the-legs spewage I've read in years.

You were propping them by ripping us? What are you, a 13 year old girl?

If you think so lowly of this forum's members, why are you here if not to spam it with redundant nonsense?

"Need" your apology? No. Don't flatter yourself. This forum was here long before you arrived and will be here long after you have gifted it with your prolonged absence.
Scenario realized:

A) Describe what happened, have it turned around.

B) Ask a simple question: "Do you want my apology?" have it morphed into " "Need" your apology? No. Don't flatter yourself" as if indignation will flow like "Rule Britannia" and the chin of the offended juts out as far as the puffed chest of the offended party.

So where do you want to go from here?
Old 03-27-2013   #186
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1720 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, the Pats were in a couple of other Super Bowls with out Brady albeit losers.

Steelers? they have won 2 and lost 2 since 95. But are perennially in the hunt since 95.

Same as the Ravens.

Ad whatever you want to call it, I am still here, standing by it. You want me to run away? No chance.

Texans have had a very good defense for the last 2-3 years; no one disputes that. They always scare the crap out of me.
I don't want you to leave. Don't want an apology. Just have to set it strait. On this board.

I like you. Your a funny guy Sully.
Old 03-27-2013   #187
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
But for relevance, one can browse through the thread "Ed Reed to visit Texans" to see the reactions- or even at the beginning of this thread.
I'm excited about getting Ed Reed on our team. But I don't think he is "the" missing link. We've still got some work to do & while I like Newton, the development of that position (RT) will have a lot more to do with how our season goes than what Ed Reed does or does not do on defense.

Ed's a celebrity on defense. The highest profiled celebrity we've had on defense based on production.
Old 03-27-2013   #188
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 23664 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Scenario realized:

A) Describe what happened, have it turned around.

B) Ask a simple question: "Do you want my apology?" have it morphed into " "Need" your apology? No. Don't flatter yourself" as if indignation will flow like "Rule Britannia" and the chin of the offended juts out as far as the puffed chest of the offended party.

So where do you want to go from here?
You ran to another board and pissed all over this one, then come back here and act like it's not a problem. See the disconnect here? I'm pretty sure that is what DB was getting at. Nothing was turned around, the excuse you presented was weak, at best. So the word "Need" replaced "Do" - big f-ckin' deal. You've stepped on your crank bad enough already and have the nerve to act like an arrogant *ss when your called out on it. I personally had no issues with what you have stated in the threads here previously. Now as for this statement:

Quote:
What a bunch of low information, stupid, blatantly dis-honest, sniveling little whining *******s.
You see, when you generalize such as you have here and include every one in a very broad statement - do not be surprised if your welcome rug gets pulled out from under you. Some of the members here seem to gracious enough to overlook that little hiccup, I assume they are not on your list of sniveling little whining *******s?

To begin with when you started this thread it looked antogonistic and appeared to be cloaked in a veil of: "I just want to talk football that Texans fans would be interested in". Perhaps I am off on that, perhaps not.

Hey f-ck it, it's just a message board and what we say here or anywhere shouldn't be taken as a direct reflection of who we are and what we stand for right?
Old 03-27-2013   #189
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 View Post
You ran to another board and pissed all over this one, then come back here and act like it's not a problem. See the disconnect here? I'm pretty sure that is what DB was getting at. Nothing was turned around, the excuse you presented was weak, at best. So the word "Need" replaced "Do" - big f-ckin' deal. You've stepped on your crank bad enough already and have the nerve to act like an arrogant *ss when your called out on it. I personally had no issues with what you have stated in the threads here previously. Now as for this statement:

You see, when you generalize such as you have here and include every one in a very broad statement - do not be surprised if your welcome rug gets pulled out from under you. Some of the members here seem to gracious enough to overlook that little hiccup, I assume they are not on your list of sniveling little whining *******s?

To begin with when you started this thread it looked antogonistic and appeared to be cloaked in a veil of: "I just want to talk football that Texans fans would be interested in". Perhaps I am off on that, perhaps not.

Hey f-ck it, it's just a message board and what we say here or anywhere shouldn't be taken as a direct reflection of who we are and what we stand for right?
Everything you said, plus the fact that he said it assuming that we would never see it. In the real world, fake and phony people run around talking about people "behind their back". Because of that, I have no respect for this person.
Old 03-27-2013   #190
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1720 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can sum it all up.
Now we can see Reed on a better defense than the one he was on last year.
Old 03-27-2013   #191
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

If there is indeed a reason that Ed Reed won't put Houston over the top then so be it but from the looks of this thread the only reason I can see coming from Ravens fan is that he's butt-hurt.
Old 03-27-2013   #192
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
If there is indeed a reason that Ed Reed won't put Houston over the top then so be it but from the looks of this thread the only reason I can see coming from Ravens fan is that he's butt-hurt.
I think you're on to something...

Quote:
HandsWarmer

Good Bye Ed- its been a great run. You aren't the player you used to be but I still wish you would have stuck around to retire a Raven BUT, and a big but, I guess another 8-10 Million is worth more than your legacy.
http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthr...11#post8309711

Only post he made on that forum since 2011. He has a point though, I mean c'mon, what's 8-10 million dollars worth?

Old 03-27-2013   #193
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthr...11#post8309711

Only post he made on that forum since 2011. He has a point though, I mean c'mon, what's 8-10 million dollars worth?

Check. Mate.
Old 03-27-2013   #194
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Butt. Hurt.
Fixed it!
Old 03-27-2013   #195
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Gotta love the interweb.
Old 03-27-2013   #196
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Save it bud- I've got over 15,000 posts on a KC board, over 10,000 on a Ravens board. .
So what you are saying is that you are a super troll?
Old 03-27-2013   #197
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Poor guy, he went to another nfl forum to seek help and comfort from his rectal bleeding.
Old 03-27-2013   #198
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

...What are you, a 13 year old girl?

Looks like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 View Post
You ran to another board and pissed all over this one, then come back here and act like it's not a problem....
...a chickensh!t 13 year old girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Only post he made on that forum since 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans Sux 72 View Post
Gotta love the interweb.
Don't get me started ..... I'll have his name/address/phone number in no time. And that's just to start.
Old 03-27-2013   #199
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Sums it up for me too, Herv.
Old 03-27-2013   #200
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, this thread has run its course.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read