Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-27-2013   #401
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
The Eagles throw Armstead in the trash and pick NT, Johnathan Jenkins, Gerorgia instead.
OK, but I don't know which one is trash.
I like Jenkins but he seems more risky with his weigh problem.
I'd like him for the Texans preferrably in the fourth, but since we have two 3rds, I wouldn't mind taking him there.
I just think the risk is a bit high in the second round.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #402
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69966 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Eagles throw Armstead in the trash and pick NT, Johnathan Jenkins, Gerorgia instead.
I will change the pick.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #403
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
With the 39th pick the NY Jets select T.J. McDonald, S, USC
Quote:
I know that T.J. McDonald was a slight reach but my guys were gone. I looked at Eric Reid but he seemed to struggle without Honey Badger, Claiborn & Brandon Taylor being there as security blankets.

I wanted another position but he was gone and I think my next couple of guys will be there later.
Between T J McD and Taylor Mays, you have enough hard hits, but perhaps you need to combine them two to make a good SS. J/k
Old 03-27-2013   #404
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The clock runs 7am to 7pm CST.

We didn't make your pick until around 11:15am CST that's past the 4 hr window. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding probably due to time zone issues. If so that's my fault for not being more clear. I apologize.

Did you like the pick?
No, I don't draft players I have never seen play. I wouldn't draft this kid in the 7th round.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #405
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With the 39th pick the NY Jets select T.J. McDonald, S, USC
Personally, I would have gone with a WR, so next year when the Jets pick a QB, he will have a good target to throw it to. Lots of good WRs still on the board, I'm surprised more haven't been picked considering all the attention the position gets from Texans fans.
Old 03-27-2013   #406
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The clock runs 7am to 7pm CST.

We didn't make your pick until around 11:15am CST that's past the 4 hr window. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding probably due to time zone issues. If so that's my fault for not being more clear. I apologize.

Did you like the pick?
Umm...Wolverine Fan was before me and made his pick 4 hours ago. You made my pick over an hour ago. 4-1=3. 4-2=2.
Old 03-27-2013   #407
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

To be completely honest with you, if it is going to move this quickly, I don't have time for this draft. I have a very busy next 10 days and can't be expected to be here ALL the time, which would be quite necessary to make the picks that quickly. Y'all can take the Dolphins and Eagles, I will just continue to miss picks at this pace.
Old 03-27-2013   #408
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I have two different posts written up, waiting to see if Senior Stan kicks me in the junk and takes the guy I really want.

Thank you for reaching that pick drs23, I was afraid the Jets were going to take a guy I wanted as well since a lot of the needs are similar.
Old 03-27-2013   #409
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 74864 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Personally, I would have gone with a WR, so next year when the Jets pick a QB, he will have a good target to throw it to. Lots of good WRs still on the board, I'm surprised more haven't been picked considering all the attention the position gets from Texans fans.
You're right probably. With this turning into instpick instead of a 4 hour window I let myself feel pressure that probably wasn't there. It won't happen again.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #410
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
To be completely honest with you, if it is going to move this quickly, I don't have time for this draft. I have a very busy next 10 days and can't be expected to be here ALL the time, which would be quite necessary to make the picks that quickly. Y'all can take the Dolphins and Eagles, I will just continue to miss picks at this pace.
We agreed on a 4-hr time period.
Sorry that we mis-calculate it.
But no harm no foul here.
Old 03-27-2013   #411
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Between T J McD and Taylor Mays, you have enough hard hits, but perhaps you need to combine them two to make a good SS. J/k
Mays has sucked so far and IMO he can't cover worth jack, he can only hit and get penalized.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #412
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're right probably. With this turning into instpick instead of a 4 hour window I let myself feel pressure that probably wasn't there. It won't happen again.
I'm not criticizing the pick, hope it didn't come off that way. I just think the Jets situation appears to be more of a 3 year plan than a 1. And I don't blame you for passing on the QBs here, many would be tempted to take one, and I for one would hold out on that. They are stuck with Sanchez one more year, then I expect them to move on to a new QB in 2014.

I also don't value Santonio Holmes as a #1 WR, and I think they overpaid him quite a bit. Wouldn't be surprised to see him cut in a year or two. Their real strength right now is the o-line, and even that is suspect on the right side (kind of like the Texans). The more I think about this, the more holes I see on the Jets, like at RB. Lacy might have be a good pick for them too, he seems like their style of RB.

Anyways, it's all good, this is just for fun
Old 03-27-2013   #413
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Quote:
We agreed on a 4-hr time period.
Sorry that we mis-calculate it.
But no harm no foul here.
And the reason I offer to notify people when their turn comes up is to help those who are busy.

If only I've got your email address.
People are busy on different schedule.
One might expect for you to make a selection quickly because of your knowledge, they wait but then have to run.

I just wish that we can help each other communicate better so that we can move it smoothly.
Old 03-27-2013   #414
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'm not criticizing the pick, hope it didn't come off that way. I just think the Jets situation appears to be more of a 3 year plan than a 1. And I don't blame you for passing on the QBs here, many would be tempted to take one, and I for one would hold out on that. They are stuck with Sanchez one more year, then I expect them to move on to a new QB in 2014.

I also don't value Santonio Holmes as a #1 WR, and I think they overpaid him quite a bit. Wouldn't be surprised to see him cut in a year or two. Their real strength right now is the o-line, and even that is suspect on the right side (kind of like the Texans). The more I think about this, the more holes I see on the Jets, like at RB. Lacy might have be a good pick for them too, he seems like their style of RB.

Anyways, it's all good, this is just for fun
Besides, it's not as if NFL teams don't reach on talent all of the time when it comes to the draft.
Old 03-27-2013   #415
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

With their 2nd round pick the Tennessee Titans select...

Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame...

Lost Jared Cook and signed Delaine Walker ...but Eifert should not have fallen this far...BPA pick

Wide Receiver in a Tight End body.

Junk. Kicked.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #416
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

^ lol

41. Buffalo Bong
42. Miami Texans Seminole
43. Tampa Bay Ndevine7
44. Carolina
New Orleans Forefeited
45. San Diego
46. St. Louis
47. Dallas
48. Pittsburgh
49. NYG
50. Chicago
Old 03-27-2013   #417
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
With their 2nd round pick the Tennessee Titans select...

Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame...

Lost Jared Cook and signed Delaine Walker ...but Eifert should not have fallen this far...BPA pick

Wide Receiver in a Tight End body.

Junk. Kicked.
was waiting for this pick, but I guess teams are needing DE and OLB.
Old 03-27-2013   #418
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And the reason I offer to notify people when their turn comes up is to help those who are busy.

If only I've got your email address.
People are busy on different schedule.
One might expect for you to make a selection quickly because of your knowledge, they wait but then have to run.

I just wish that we can help each other communicate better so that we can move it smoothly.
It's not about being notified. I check the thread often enough to know when I may be close. I work in property management. Sometimes I have to run off and view te damage on a roof collapse, or a car running into a building, or a fire, or a car running into the gate, or calm down some crack head. During those times, I cannot post. So notification is not the issue, not having some leeway in time is. It's all good, I just can't participate.
Old 03-27-2013   #419
b0ng
Ooops

With the 42nd pick in the fake Texans Talk Mock Draft, the Buffalo Bills will select Wide Receiver, Justin Hunter, University of Tennessee. Noticing a lack of weapons at the WR spot, and with a new QB who is probably going to take over the reigns, the Bills will take the other playmaker that made Tyler Bray look so good.

The young Barkley will have a shiny new toy to go along with Stevie Johnson, and hopefully the Bills will have at least a serviceable passing game to go with those two baller RB's they keep locked up in the cold north.

Junk is in tact!
Old 03-27-2013   #420
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It's not about being notified. I check the thread often enough to know when I may be close. I work in property management. Sometimes I have to run off and view te damage on a roof collapse, or a car running into a building, or a fire, or a car running into the gate, or calm down some crack head. During those times, I cannot post. So notification is not the issue, not having some leeway in time is. It's all good, I just can't participate.
We stay with the 4-hr rule.
Sorry that we didn't keep up with the time.
(Man I hate to throw Steelb under the bus LOL).

I will make sure to verify the time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read