Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-27-2013   #361
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

On the clock:

Round 2

35. Philadelphia

36. Detroit
37.Cincinatti from Oakland
38. Arizona
Cleveland supplemental pick Josh Gordon WR, Baylor
39. NY Jets
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #362
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
To start off day 2, the Jaguars select Alex Okafor, DE, Texas

Alex will attempt to fill the Jags LEO role that new head coach, Gus Bradley is bringing over from Seattle.
Damn you blake; I don't want to see the Jags with this guy.

Dude is a beast; the one guy that gave Eric Fisher some trouble at the Senior Bowl.
Old 03-27-2013   #363
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
The San Francisco 49ers select...

Datone Jones - DE, UCLA

San Francisco has a stout front seven, but beastly 3-4 DE Justin Smith is not getting any younger and it could be time to groom his replacement. The 49ers signed Glenn Dorsey in Free Agency, but have stated they intend to use him at NT and still need pass rushing help up front.

Jones is one of the premiere interior pass rushers in this draft and is an excellent fit as a 5' technique in SF's front. He has a great frame and could add weight if needed, although that doesn't seem necessary. He plays with great strength and explosiveness. He's very athletic for a guy his size and has a sizable repertoire of pass rushing moves. Jones is a very talented player that adds even more versatility to an already dangerous defensive unit.
And this guy had some good battle with Fisher.
Old 03-27-2013   #364
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Just to be safe PM 4 or 5 players that you think may be available at 45. If one of them is available I will make the pick for you. If all of your guys are gone then we will wait until you pick after 4pm.
I PM'ed you a list of guys. I would think at least one of them will be there. I should be back a little after 4pm CT today.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #365
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Never mind
Old 03-27-2013   #366
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Made my pick with SF but I might be gone past my SD pick at #45 so I PM'ed a list so I won't hold things up again.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #367
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Made my pick with SF but I might be gone past my SD pick at #45 so I PM'ed a list so I won't hold things up again.
I confused you with Seminole for some reason (didn't get much sleep, LOL)
Old 03-27-2013   #368
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I PM'ed you a list of guys. I would think at least one of them will be there. I should be back a little after 4pm CT today.
Thanks
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #369
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I confused you with Seminole for some reason (didn't get much sleep, LOL)
Where is Seminole ?! Im getting sleepy waiting on the next two picks to make the cincy selection ....

Im just going to PM you three guy's at that spot and a few for their following pick at 53 just in case Im not here.

I'll also send SteelB a list for the Texans pick at 57.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #370
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Where is Seminole ?! Im getting sleepy waiting on the next two picks to make the cincy selection ....

Im just going to PM you three guy's at that spot and a few for their following pick at 53 just in case Im not here.

I'll also send SteelB a list for the Texans pick at 57.
I'll be back within the hour.
Steelb should be here.
Old 03-27-2013   #371
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok , I sent my picks for Cincy at both 37 and 53 to SteelB and 76.

SteelB also has my picks for the Texans at 57 should I be away. I wont be holding up the show today damnit.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #372
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5406 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

My stomach would turn if Harbaugh/San Francisco
Drafted Datone Jones. Dude is going to be a damn good 34 DE
He is a 1st RD talent and my #1 34 DE
I was leaning towards him for the Texans potentially
Rich get richer
Justin Smith's replacement in 2014
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #373
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

If the draft plays out this way it will be the first time a running back is not selected in the 1st round...
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #374
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

TS time is about up.

Lets try to get a quick consensus of who Philadelphia pick might br.

If he hasn't answered by 11:00 we will make the pick for him. Dee Milner was Texan Seminoles 1st rd pick.
Old 03-27-2013   #375
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Damn you blake; I don't want to see the Jags with this guy.

Dude is a beast; the one guy that gave Eric Fisher some trouble at the Senior Bowl.
He might be a bit slow for the Leo role. But he has all the pass rushing tools and skills that they will like.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #376
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
TS time is about up.

Lets try to get a quick consensus of who Philadelphia pick might br.

If he hasn't answered by 11:00 we will make the pick for him. Dee Milner was Texan Seminoles 1st rd pick.
What do they need, a CB?
Old 03-27-2013   #377
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
He might be a bit slow for the Leo role. But he has all the pass rushing tools and skills that they will like.
He dominated the bowl game against Oregon St. from start to finish.
He caught my eyes even the year before.
IMO, he's quite a bit better than Jones; and Jones is no slouch.
Old 03-27-2013   #378
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Do the Eagles need a QB?
Zac Dysert? E J Manuel?
Old 03-27-2013   #379
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

OL/DL/MLB

They've got a huge hole at MLB. But could also use OL.

Teo/Brown/Armstead/Wafford would be good fits.
Old 03-27-2013   #380
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Looks like some of their fans want an OT.
Armstead?

I vote Armstead.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read