Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-26-2013   #341
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
I got Dallas Cowboys, who lord knows what that crazy Jerry Jones will do and now the desalination that is the Baltimore Ravens
The defending Super Bowl Champions Paid Cool Joe Flacco and hung everyonr else out to dry.
As far as needs and holes where do I begin??? I know Ozzie Newsome is the best at drafting and scouting but I dont even think he can pull this one off.
They traded a leader away and Boldin - WR2 is needed but no value here at pick 32 overall
Ray Lewis THE leader retired along with Birk - MLB and C are needs
Webb coming of injury, Williams gone in FA - CB might need to be taken, Banks is still there
Ravens let Reed walk and cut Pollard
Ravens have no back end literally, no FS or SS
But with Vaccaro, Elam and Cyprien, no Safety worth considering
Some edge rushees remain
Tank Carridine who has a lot of buzz and Datone Jones who is versatile and can bring interior rush
Run stuffer is needed keep LBers clean with a guy like Jesse Williams or John Jenkins
Not a lot of value here and what's on the board.,
If it fell this way, ... I think I know who I would select

Pick is in...
In the 2013 NFL draft the Baltimore Ravens select
Menelik Watson, OT, Florida
No secret who's team this is.
With Flacco now the highest paid player in NFL history, protecting that investment, that assets is priority #1, it is paramount!
With McKinnie being a FA and Baltimore most likely not returning him.
Let's Michael (blindside) Oher return to LT and Watson can be RT.
That was Flacco stays protected and gas time to sling it
Sound reasoning, how long do you think it will take for Watson to get used to the NFL? He's very talented, but hasn't played much football.

Great job guys, finished the 1st rd in 2 days. Lets keep up the pace, looking forward to the start of Rd.2 tomorrow. Good night
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #342
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Sound reasoning, how long do you think it will take for Watson to get used to the NFL? He's very talented, but hasn't played much football.

Great job guys, finished the 1st rd in 2 days. Lets keep up the pace, looking forward to the start of Rd.2 tomorrow. Good night
First, let's be clear that Watson is a Nole and not a Gator.

I'm not sure how long it will take but I know he is highly inexperienced.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #343
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79884 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post

At least his O-line coach agrees with RNR:

"Watson is already projected to go in the first round, but one of his college coaches thinks that he just missed out on going in the top five."

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/2...nfl-draft-2013

The question is who did his coach think the other guy is ?!?
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #344
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79884 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

On the clock:

Round 2

33. Jacksonville

34. San Francisco from Kansas City
35. Philadelphia
36. Detroit
37.Cincinatti from Oakland
Old 03-27-2013   #345
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Some team is going to throw in a monkey wrench by selecting Nassib as their franchise QB in the first round, LOL!

(I'm just using Nassib's name, but it won't surprised me if 4 QBs are taken.
I hope that's the case.)
Sure would have been nice if a couple had been taken in this mock , as it is it wasnt an enviable position to be in picking #27 for our Texans.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #346
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At least his O-line coach agrees with RNR:

"Watson is already projected to go in the first round, but one of his college coaches thinks that he just missed out on going in the top five."

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/2...nfl-draft-2013

The question is who did his coach think the other guy is ?!?
He played well for the Noles in his one year.

What do you mean other guy?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #347
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
yeah there have been some really good picks made , especially in the last few selections.

I kinda feel like Im stuck between a rock and a hard place picking for the Texans , I cant make everyone happy but Im going to pick who I think helps the team the most in the coming season as its now or never for a Superbowl with this team .... Im not looking too far down the road with these selections. Maybe that gives some perspective to the past pick and those to come.
You are doing the right thing. That is the only way to approach this draft from Texans standpoint. With the state of this franchise and all the holes we have, we can't take chances on potential. We need these early draft picks contribute NOW.
Old 03-27-2013   #348
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He played well for the Noles in his one year.

What do you mean other guy?
It sure sounds like the coach figured he will be the 6th OT drafted, so he's already lamenting that his guy "deserve better".

I want to know who are the five guys that his coach think will be drafted ahead of him.
We've seen four of them in this mock draft.
Who's the mystery man?
Old 03-27-2013   #349
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
You are doing the right thing. That is the only way to approach this draft from Texans standpoint. With the state of this franchise and all the holes we have, we can't take chances on potential. We need these early draft picks contribute NOW.
If the Texans draft a receiver in the first round, the guy will have every opportunity to contribute right away with Posey in the shelf and no replacement for Walter.
Old 03-27-2013   #350
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If the Texans draft a receiver in the first round, the guy will have every opportunity to contribute right away with Posey in the shelf and no replacement for Walter.
I honk that can be said about several positions.
Old 03-27-2013   #351
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I honk that can be said about several positions.
And that was exactly my point LoL.
Old 03-27-2013   #352
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree completely .... this is a mess of a situation for the Texans to find themselves in.

Im going to go with Kawann Short DT Purdue. Fills a big hole in the middle with Cody being gone. The other serious consideration was K St. OLB Arthur Brown.
Excellent pick for the Texans. Short shores up the middle, plays the run well, pressures the QB well, handles a double team well which will free up Smith and Watt to make plays, and helps to keep out ILB's clean freeing them to make plays. Again excellent pick.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #353
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The way I see this reciever class is simple , you have Cordarrelle Patterson and .... everyone else thru the middle of the 3rd round. I dont think Hunter would have stepped in day one and been the #2. Allen , Hopkins or Patterson may have been a different story.

You still have a long list of guy's on the board - Robert Woods , Quinton Patton , Terrance Williams , Markus Wheaton , Justin Hunter , Aaron Dobson , Da'Rick Rogers , Ryan Swope , Marquise Goodwin and Kenny Stills. Its a strong possibility one or more of them is there when the Texans pick in round three.
That whole list of guy's is pretty darn close in terms of talent.

Hope is a poor mans disease.

Last edited by Corrosion; 03-27-2013 at 02:42 AM.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #354
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108350 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The way I see this reciever class is simple , you have Cordarrelle Patterson and .... everyone else thru the middle of the 3rd round. I dont think Hunter would have stepped in day one and been the #2. Allen , Hopkins or Patterson may have been a different story.

You still have a long list of guy's on the board - Robert Woods , Quinton Patton , Terrance Williams , Markus Wheaton , Justin Hunter , Aaron Dobson , Da'Rick Rogers , Ryan Swope , Marquise Goodwin and Kenny Stills. Its a strong possibility one or more of them is there when the Texans pick in round three.
That whole list of guy's is pretty darn close in terms of talent.
I can see us trading back with our 1st round and taking him if we get into a situation like this one in our mock.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #355
76Texan
Hall of Fame

I've put in my pick for the Lions to Steelb.

Blame him if there's a hold up.
Old 03-27-2013   #356
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And that was exactly my point LoL.
Ok don't get why you specifically pointed out WR then. I don't care what position we draft with our first round pick as long as that player is the BPA at a position of need and contributes right away. If two players of equal value are there for the taking we should pass on the one where equal talent will be available later.

You have to factor in who at each position will be available later in the draft.
Old 03-27-2013   #357
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

While I agree with Corrosion and you about about the need for players that can contribute now and love the Short pick, the Texans shouldn't gamble too much and lose out on an impact WR. They should take the best WR in the group in the 2nd rd. Unless there's a stud LB/OT that falls.

I really think this is the direction the Texans go in the draft and would be smart to go this way.

Blake and the Jags are on the clock.
Old 03-27-2013   #358
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

That's kinda like saying University of Texas QB Johnny Manziel.

Thanks for nothing Mack.
Old 03-27-2013   #359
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

To start off day 2, the Jaguars select Alex Okafor, DE, Texas

Alex will attempt to fill the Jags LEO role that new head coach, Gus Bradley is bringing over from Seattle.

Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #360
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81420 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

The San Francisco 49ers select...

Datone Jones - DE, UCLA

San Francisco has a stout front seven, but beastly 3-4 DE Justin Smith is not getting any younger and it could be time to groom his replacement. The 49ers signed Glenn Dorsey in Free Agency, but have stated they intend to use him at NT and still need pass rushing help up front.

Jones is one of the premiere interior pass rushers in this draft and is an excellent fit as a 5' technique in SF's front. He has a great frame and could add weight if needed, although that doesn't seem necessary. He plays with great strength and explosiveness. He's very athletic for a guy his size and has a sizable repertoire of pass rushing moves. Jones is a very talented player that adds even more versatility to an already dangerous defensive unit.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read