Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-26-2013   #301
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

I've emailed b0ng and wolverine a while ago.
Hope they show up.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #302
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I agree completely .... this is a mess of a situation for the Texans to find themselves in.

Im going to go with Kawann Short DT Purdue. Fills a big hole in the middle with Cody being gone. The other serious consideration was K St. OLB Arthur Brown.
Seems like a perfect replacement for Cody. YOUTUBE!
Old 03-26-2013   #303
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
One word: roid! LOL
Maybe Cushing can hook him up.
Old 03-26-2013   #304
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Seems like a perfect replacement for Cody. YOUTUBE!
Your link doesnt work ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #305
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know; he tricked us !
Old 03-26-2013   #306
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Sorry I don't know why it isn't working. Go to youtube and search Clowning with Kawann @ Media Day.
Old 03-26-2013   #307
76Texan
Hall of Fame

b0ng; how's dinner?

I guess you need some time to go over everything.

Blake had updated a few, but not all.

Steelb can you do the updating in the selection thread please!
Old 03-26-2013   #308
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

Just my two cents, if the board falls like this the Texans should take Cyprie or Eifert. They will be better players IMO.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #309
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree completely .... this is a mess of a situation for the Texans to find themselves in.

Im going to go with Kawann Short DT Purdue. Fills a big hole in the middle with Cody being gone. The other serious consideration was K St. OLB Arthur Brown.
You should have picked Hugh Janus .
Old 03-26-2013   #310
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That was one of the issues for me with Hunter - along with being so damn skinny and he doesnt really have the frame to add much to it. Yeah , he has the length and measurables .... but I dont think he will be what we are looking for opposite AJ.
What, tall fast and runs good routes? You're right the Texans have never had a WR opposite AJ like that.

BTW, I really like the Short pick. No more running up the middle 68% of the time. Short helps keep Cushing and ILB draft pick clean. This is actually more of an impact pick for the Texans than picking Hunter or another WR.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #311
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Was not aware I was ATL also give me a sec ill get a pick in.
Old 03-26-2013   #312
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Atlanta takes Margus Hunt, DE SMU
Old 03-26-2013   #313
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
What, tall fast and runs good routes? You're right the Texans have never had a WR opposite AJ like that.

BTW, I really like the Short pick. No more running up the middle 68% of the time. Short helps keep Cushing and ILB draft pick clean. This is actually more of an impact pick for the Texans than picking Hunter or another WR.
Are you mocking me?
Old 03-26-2013   #314
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Interesting.
Old 03-26-2013   #315
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post

Really good pick B0ng.

Quote:
Interesting.
I think someone will take him early based upon measurables. I actually considered instead of Short .... but without the ability to trade back , I wouldnt make the pick.

Lots of upside here. He ran a 4.62 40 and benched 38 .... Both better than Mario Williams poosted in 2006. 4.66 and 35 reps.

Old 03-26-2013   #316
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I liked the year we did group picks for the Texans
Old 03-26-2013   #317
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

The San Francisco 49ers select...

Matt Elam - S, Florida

The 49ers have one of the stoutest defenses in the league, however, they have developed somewhat of a weakness at the Safety position in the past year. SS Donte Whitner gave up the most TD's in the league this year from the Safety position and All-Pro FS Dashon Goldson left for Tampa Bay in Free Agency.

Elam is an extremely physical and well-rounded Safety prospect. He can play in the box and make big hits at the line of scrimmage or he can drop back in deep coverage and make plays. He's very rangy, instinctive, and has great ball skills. IMO, he is the best ball-hawk Safety in this draft by far. I have him pegged as the best Safety in this draft and have no problem pulling the trigger on him.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #318
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Really good pick B0ng.

I think someone will take him early based upon measurables. I actually considered instead of Short .... but without the ability to trade back , I wouldnt make the pick.

Lots of upside here. He ran a 4.62 40 and benched 38 .... Both better than Mario Williams poosted in 2006. 4.66 and 35 reps.
I know all about him. I would love to see him opposite Watt. Just wonder how long it will take him to "get it" in the NFL. Could turn out to be great or nothing special. I lean towards great with him but that uncertainty is what puts Short ahead of him.
Old 03-26-2013   #319
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
The San Francisco 49ers select...

Matt Elam - S, Florida

The 49ers have one of the stoutest defenses in the league, however, they have developed somewhat of a weakness at the Safety position in the past year. SS Donte Whitner gave up the most TD's in the league this year from the Safety position and All-Pro FS Dashon Goldson left for Tampa Bay in Free Agency.

Elam is an extremely physical and well-rounded Safety prospect. He can play in the box and make big hits at the line of scrimmage or he can drop back in deep coverage and make plays. He's very rangy, instinctive, and has great ball skills. IMO, he is the best ball-hawk Safety in this draft by far. I have him pegged as the best Safety in this draft and have no problem pulling the trigger on him.
Good fit!
Old 03-26-2013   #320
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I know all about him. I would love to see him opposite Watt. Just wonder how long it will take him to "get it" in the NFL. Could turn out to be great or nothing special. I lean towards great with him but that uncertainty is what puts Short ahead of him.
I wonder if you've been sneaking a peek at my draft board ....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read