Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-26-2013   #261
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I keep seeing it end up his way. We are kind of in a grey area of the draft. I wish we were 5 picks earlier or that we could trade down and get at least one more pick in the top 75.
I know; that's why I thought we'd be better off trading out of the first round to get more value. Heck, I even said that I wouldn't mind trading for a future first (just find a crummy team) and another pick.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #262
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
TE'O!
God bless you.
Old 03-26-2013   #263
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TE'O!
Shut up LOL
Old 03-26-2013   #264
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I keep seeing it end up his way. We are kind of in a grey area of the draft. I wish we were 5 picks earlier or that we could trade down and get at least one more pick in the top 75.
I agree completely .... this is a mess of a situation for the Texans to find themselves in.

Im going to go with Kawann Short DT Purdue. Fills a big hole in the middle with Cody being gone. The other serious consideration was K St. OLB Arthur Brown.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #265
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I agree completely .... this is a mess of a situation for the Texans to find themselves in.

Im going to go with Kawann Short DT Purdue. Fills a big hole in the middle with Cody being gone. The other serious consideration was K St. OLB Arthur Brown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZwzsCr8rgU

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #266
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
If the draft shakes out this way, I know who I would prefer. Wonder if we feel the same?
Quote:
Yeh it comes down to two guys for me. Would much rather trade down.
I think I'll do what Bob wants hahaha
Old 03-26-2013   #267
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I know; that's why I thought we'd be better off trading out of the first round to get more value. Heck, I even said that I wouldn't mind trading for a future first (just find a crummy team) and another pick.
I just can't see any player that another team would give up much for. The talent level at this point is even for many picks ahead.
Old 03-26-2013   #268
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
You've got it ready, haven't you !
Old 03-26-2013   #269
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I just can't see any player that another team would give up much for. The talent level at this point is even for many picks ahead.
Future picks!
Old 03-26-2013   #270
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Broncos wanted help in the secondary and hoped that Rhodes, Trufant or Vaccaro would fall...hopefully they can get DB help later....

with the 28th pick the Broncos select....

Manti Te'no way in hell I'm picking this rube...

Broncos select...

Damontre Moore DE Texas aTm

Had a poor combine, but a good enough pro day. Put up the stats in the SEC which, to me, matters a whole lot more. 12.5 sacks... led his team with 85 tackles. 21 tackles for a loss, two passes broken up, a blocked kick and a forced fumble. Top 10 talent IMO

Fills a need too after the Dumerville fiasco!
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #271
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Good pick Stan ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 03-26-2013   #272
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

BOOOOO!!!! Fire Corrosion!!!!

man, it feels like draft day for reals!
Old 03-26-2013   #273
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Why is it that other teams' picks always make more sense than the Texans?

I need a lot of drinks to get over that Short pick!
Old 03-26-2013   #274
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You've got it ready, haven't you !
Whoever picks for the Texans can't win .

Round Dan
Old 03-26-2013   #275
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

It does, doesn't it? lol
I'm lAughing so hard.
Old 03-26-2013   #276
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

Moore is the guy I wanted for the Pats. With that said I'm going to take the guy I feel is the beast safety in the draft. With the 28th pick the Patriots select Jonathan Cyprien S Florida International. May be a little early but I'm not in need of a TE and don't have anyone else graded as highly.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #277
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Whoever picks for the Texans can't win .
Fire Earl!!!...he's a Corrosion sunshine pumper!
Old 03-26-2013   #278
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Who did the Texans get last year in the mock draft? And who made the pick?
Old 03-26-2013   #279
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Fire Earl!!!...he's a Corrosion sunshine pumper!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEJx7PkWE

I would have picked Justin Hunter .

Round Dan
Old 03-26-2013   #280
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I really felt like I was in no mans land with the guy's that were left .... It was a wide open field of second tier prospects.

I didnt feel like any of the WR's left (almost went with Justin Hunter) had seperated themselves from the others remaining. Brown at OLB lacks the size and isnt much of a playmaker - just a "solid player at the position".

Games are won and lost in the trenches ....

I Miss Good Schaub.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read