Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-26-2013   #241
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63633 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

For such a good team there are a lot of holes. Saturday retired so a new center is needed. To early so x'ed out Barret Jones.

Rodgers was sacked a ton last year so protecting the franchise is paramount so OT Menelik Watson, OG Larry Warford and G/T Justin Pugh are high on my list.

The defense was horrible last year at getting to the QB so added talent on the DL and LB is a strong consideration. Also BJ Raji is in the last year of his contract. DT Johnathan Hankins, DT Jesse Williams, DT Kawann Short are all considerations on the DL while DE Alex Okafor, LB Alec Ogletree, LB Arthur Brown, LB Kevin Minter and LB Khaseem Green are all considerations at LB.

This team is QB driven with Rodgers at the helm and two of his best weapons from previous years are gone in Jenkins and Driver so they will need to be replaced. At this point the only WR's left that are first round worthy IMO are WR DeAndre Hopkins and WR Justin Hunter.

Running back is also a concern so I considered RB Eddie Lacy and RB Gio Bernard. Lacy could really help in the play action for this team.

So it comes down to these guys.
WR DeAndre Hopkins
OT Menelik Watson
DE Alex Okafor
LB Alec Ogletree
RB Eddie Lacy
WR Justin Hunter
LB Arthur Brown
OG Larry Warford
LB Kevin Minter
LB Khaseem Green
RB Gio Bernard
G/T Justin Pugh
C Barrett Jones
OT Menelik Watson
OG Larry Warford
G/T Justin Pugh
DT Johnathan Hankins
DT Jesse Williams
DT Kawann Short

Kevin Minter was just taken so remove him from the list.

With the 26th pick in the 2013 NFL draft the Green Bay Packers select:
Old 03-26-2013   #242
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63633 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

WR DeAndre Hopkins

Such a QB driven team has to have targets for Rodgers or his talent will just be wasted.
Old 03-26-2013   #243
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149996 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
WR DeAndre Hopkins

Such a QB driven team has to have targets for Rodgers or his talent will just be wasted.
I just read your post above this one .... and knew this was the way you would go. Good pick .... another that makes me go back to the drawing board.

After NCTexan took Minter and this pick , Im looking at NT with Short & Johnathan Hankins .. WR with Hunter and Arthur Brown at OLB. Even considering Eifert at TE ..... I dont like the value of any of these guy's here.

I need a few minutes .... maybe a nap! (kidding).

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #244
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
WR DeAndre Hopkins

The choice is a little plain considering such a long list, LOL.

I like Hopkins, but I feel like he's a bit of a reach in the first.
But you've got to do what you've got to do once you draw up your board, right?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #245
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I just read your post in the other thread .... and knew this was the way you would go. Good pick .... another that makes me go back to the drawing board.

After NCTexan took Minter and this pick , Im looking at NT with Short & Johnathan Hankins .. WR with Hunter and Arthur Brown at OLB. Even considering Eifert at TE ..... I dont like the value of any of these guy's here.

Te'o Te'o Te'o!!!!

Houston has the best looking imaginary girlfriends in the country. FACT.

Make it happen Corrosion!!!
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #246
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just read your post above this one .... and knew this was the way you would go. Good pick .... another that makes me go back to the drawing board.

You need what? A slap?
Old 03-26-2013   #247
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Te'o Te'o Te'o!!!!

Hey, you don't know how many whiskeys he's has after he got up; he might just do it.

I wonder what would happen with the fans if the Texans call out Te'o's name in draft day, LOL!
Old 03-26-2013   #248
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4321 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm here, and I'm ready. I really wanted Trufant, damn good player. 76 thanks for keeping me in the loop while I'm busy

Last edited by coon; 03-26-2013 at 07:54 PM. Reason: give credit where it is due.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #249
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
I'm here, and I'm ready. I really wanted Trufant, damn good player.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind having him either.

Emailed b0ng; he was here but left not more than an hour ago.
Old 03-26-2013   #250
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
How many rounds are we doing?
Hopefully we can do 7 like we did in 2011.

Trufant will be a day 1 starter and has a chance to be the best CB in this draft. There's really not much difference between Millner and Trufant. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #251
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't screw this one up Corrosion!!! We are counting on you.
Old 03-26-2013   #252
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Steelb, can you email RNR to get him ready; he needs to make up for it or he gets to buy some beer. (I'll take a case or two, LOL)

Will do

It's time for him to provide some crawfish to go with the beer.

Last edited by steelbtexan; 03-26-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2013   #253
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The choice is a little plain considering such a long list, LOL.

I like Hopkins, but I feel like he's a bit of a reach in the first.
But you've got to do what you've got to do once you draw up your board, right?
If I were in this situation as a packer GM I would trade down 10 times out of 10.

Actually It was a hard choice. None of he OL seemed worthy of this high a pick. The LB's didn't bring enough pass rushing ability other than Ogletree. I really considered him but couldn't do it because of his off field fiasco this offseason. The DL guys were really hard to pass up. It just come down who could help the most. Rodgers is top 3 QB. You have to surround him with weapons if you want to be successful.

Who would you have taken?
Old 03-26-2013   #254
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149996 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Te'o Te'o Te'o!!!!

No way!!!

I really dont like how this shook out for the Texans .... Im struggling with the pick as I just dont see any value with any of the positions of need. Getting the 5th best guy at a multitude of positions - DT , WR , OLB/DE or OT just isnt appealing. Rock N Randy's surprise pick of TE looks plausible here with Eifert being the best TE in the draft .... but I just cant seem to pull the trigger.
Under this scenario I think a trade down would be optimal ...

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #255
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If I were in this situation as a packer GM I would trade down 10 times out of 10.

Actually It was a hard choice. None of he OL seemed worthy of this high a pick. The LB's didn't bring enough pass rushing ability other than Ogletree. I really considered him but couldn't do it because of his off field fiasco this offseason. The DL guys were really hard to pass up. It just come down who could help the most. Rodgers is top 3 QB. You have to surround him with weapons if you want to be successful
I totally get you; in fact I just went through that list again, and I can see the choice.
Old 03-26-2013   #256
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No way!!!

I really dont like how this shook out for the Texans .... Im struggling with the pick as I just dont see any value with any of the positions of need. Getting the 5th best guy at a multitude of positions - DT , WR , OLB/DE or OT just isnt appealing. Rock N Randy's surprise pick of TE looks plausible here with Eifert being the best TE in the draft .... but I just cant seem to pull the trigger.
Under this scenario I think a trade down would be optimal ...
And we need to be prepared for this situation on draft day.
I can already hear the boos, hahahaha!
Old 03-26-2013   #257
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4321 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

If the draft shakes out this way, I know who I would prefer. Wonder if we feel the same?
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #258
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
And we need to be prepared for this situation on draft day.
I can already hear the boos, hahahaha!
I keep seeing it end up his way. We are kind of in a grey area of the draft. I wish we were 5 picks earlier or that we could trade down and get at least one more pick in the top 75.
Old 03-26-2013   #259
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

TE'O!
Old 03-26-2013   #260
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
If the draft shakes out this way, I know who I would prefer. Wonder if we feel the same?
Yeh it comes down to two guys for me. Would much rather trade down.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read