Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-26-2013   #221
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144827 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Aw shuck! You just wouldn't let the Texans have Allen, now would you!
I probably wouldnt have taken him anyway ... Just not veryhigh on the guy and think some of the others have much higher potential.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #222
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I've been here all day.
I just saw you so I edited my post before you posted, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #223
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I probably wouldnt have taken him anyway ... Just not veryhigh on the guy and think some of the others have much higher potential.
Need to check his private work-out first (since he couldn't do it on the pro day).

He isn't sexy, but he's at least a solid #2, IMO.
Old 03-26-2013   #224
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39211 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Need to check his private work-out first (since he couldn't do it on the pro day).

He isn't sexy, but he's at least a solid #2, IMO.
My thoughts were that the Vikings needed someone who seems ready almost right away and they don't need a project right now. AP only has so many good years left (even if he says he can play another 10 years). I think Allen is the best chance at that who was still left on the board.
NCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #225
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

@ 76Texan
I like Thomas, potential is there. Doesn't have the range I prefer or the quick twitch guy
But there is something there
I would not mind him in the later rounds if that we're the case.

I'm excited too see who the Texans get
I'm betting its a WR
surprise pick... TE
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #226
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58359 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Whos up?
Old 03-26-2013   #227
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144827 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
My thoughts were that the Vikings needed someone who seems ready almost right away and they don't need a project right now. AP only has so many good years left (even if he says he can play another 10 years). I think Allen is the best chance at that who was still left on the board.
I dont disagree with you ... I just dont see a lot of room for improvement - what you see is what you get with this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
@ 76Texan
I like Thomas, potential is there. Doesn't have the range I prefer or the quick twitch guy
But there is something there
I would not mind him in the later rounds if that we're the case.

I'm excited too see who the Texans get
I'm betting its a WR
surprise pick... TE

There are lots of possibilities for the Texans .... at this point with three picks remaining ahead of their first choice , I really couldnt tell you what position I'll end up taking. Its a wide open field for sure.

Old 03-26-2013   #228
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Whos up?
Rey with the Dolts .... hope he didnt fall asleep waiting on me.

Old 03-26-2013   #229
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

In the middle of a work out...let mr look at the board and I'll make my pick asap
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #230
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts select:

DESMOND TRUFANT

Should form a nice tandem with Vonta Davis.
Old 03-26-2013   #231
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Colts select:

DESMOND TRUFANT

Should form a nice tandem with Vonta Davis.
Nice pick. The quality of the rest of the cornerbacks that I have seen play in this draft really goes down after the top 3.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #232
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Nice pick. The quality of the rest of the cornerbacks that I have seen play in this draft really goes down after the top 3.
Yeah, that's why I went with trufant.

Was tempted to go wr, but i should be able to grab a decent one later. Colts need a lot...
Old 03-26-2013   #233
Rey
Hall of Fame

How many rounds are we doing?
Old 03-26-2013   #234
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39211 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 25th pick overall the Vikings select Kevin Minter LB. They need to shore up their inside for sure, and Minter is the guy here.
Old 03-26-2013   #235
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
With the 25th pick overall the Vikings select Kevin Minter LB. They need to shore up their inside for sure, and Minter is the guy here.
well , you are two for two.

Old 03-26-2013   #236
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
How many rounds are we doing?
It doesn't matter, I can go 14 rounds. lOL

Trufant is a nice-looking corner.
Wheaton had some good battles with him though and won quite a few, being an offensive player.
Old 03-26-2013   #237
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You weren't kidding when you said you're ready to run to the podium hahaha
Old 03-26-2013   #238
76Texan
Hall of Fame

I just emailed coon again.

We may be working overtime tonight playing catch up .
Old 03-26-2013   #239
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
On the clock...

26. Green Bay- mussop

27. Houston- Corrosion
28. Denver- Senor Stan
29. New England- Coon
30 Atlanta- Bong
31. San Francisco- Wolverine Fan
32. Baltimore- Rock-N-Randy
Where Mussop goes?
He was just here.
Old 03-26-2013   #240
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
well , you are two for two.
Thanks. The Vikings are my dad's team, and my second team. I feel like I know their needs pretty well.

Quote:
You weren't kidding when you said you're ready to run to the podium hahaha
Doing my part to keep the draft moving!

edit: Not that you guys aren't! You're doing an amazing job!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read