Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-25-2013   #161
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

On the clock...

18. Dallas- Rock-N-Randy
19. NYG- htownfan32
20. Chicago-Bears- dutchrudder
21. Cincinati- Corrosion

22. St. Louis- RT 22
23. Minnesota- NC Texan
24. Indianapolis- Rey
25. Minnesota - NC Texan
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #162
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a reminder, we might get to the second round tomorrow, so those at the top half of the draft order, please get ready.
Old 03-26-2013   #163
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Looks like RNR had a late night out, LOL!
Old 03-26-2013   #164
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Looks like RNR had a late night out, LOL!
Yep, we had a draft for fantasy baseball. I'm guessing most people are at work....
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #165
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Yep, we had a draft for fantasy baseball. I'm guessing most people are at work....
I see him online now.
Old 03-26-2013   #166
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5406 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry guys had my fantasy baseball draft last night then a late dinner kids to bed all that stuff

This pick comes down too
DJ Fluker, OT, Bama - to play RT with Smith at LT
Extension for Romo, protecting the franchise center piece is paramount
Sheldon Richardson, DL, Missouri - Spears was released and they need to generate rush of the edge besides there LBers ware/Spencer, or plug him in the middle and get push and pressure up the middle.
Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas - Sensabaug was released and there is a void and obvious weakness on the backend regarding safety help.
Cowboys have invested a lot in its corners but it doesn't matter unless you have a utility safety who can support the run and cover over for the corner
I do believe these 3 options are all possible and realistic come April 25th.

In the 2013 NFL Draft, The Dallas Cowboys select... Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
The defense needs a dynamic safety manning the middle. Will only make the defense better. Helps Claiborne/Carr. Gives the existing rushers more time to get to the QB.
In a division with RG3, Vick, Eli Manning and all being high octane offenses ... Ya this pick makes a lot of sense considering the division opponents and that's almost half there schedule

Last edited by Rock N Randy; 03-26-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #167
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Sounds logical.

(I'm not a Vaccaro in the first round guy though.)
Right now I don't have a safety in the first two rounds.
Maybe I'm too picky LOL!
Old 03-26-2013   #168
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sounds logical.

(I'm not a Vaccaro in the first round guy though.)
Right now I don't have a safety in the first two rounds.
Maybe I'm too picky LOL!
If Mark Barron can go in the first round last year, then I think Vaccaro will certainly go there too. Probably Elam as well.
Old 03-26-2013   #169
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
If Mark Barron can go in the first round last year, then I think Vaccaro will certainly go there too. Probably Elam as well.
Barron was a second round guy for me; I'm picky LOl
Old 03-26-2013   #170
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
In the 2013 NFL Draft, The Dallas Cowboys select... Kenny Vacarro, S, Texas
The defense needs a dynamic safety manning the middle. Will only make the defense better. Helps Claiborne/Carr.
So Vacarro is now a Vaquero. Nice.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #171
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
On the clock...

18. Dallas- Rock-N-Randy
19. NYG- htownfan32
20. Chicago-Bears- dutchrudder
21. Cincinati- Corrosion

22. St. Louis- RT 22
23. Minnesota- NC Texan
24. Indianapolis- Rey
25. Minnesota - NC Texan
Email sent to htownfan32 but he might be in class (I think).
Old 03-26-2013   #172
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Vaccaro is a good pick.

After watching Doug free almost get Romo killed and Dallas 31st ranked running game I would've chosen Fluker.

On 2nd thought , no I wouldn't have chosen Fluker. LOL.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #173
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5406 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Vaccaro is a good pick.

After watching Doug free almost get Romo killed and Dallas 31st ranked running game I would've chosen Fluker.

On 2nd thought , no I wouldn't have chosen Fluker. LOL.
#1 safety
Or 4th/5th best OT

Right tackle can be had in round 2 or 3

Same could be said for safety
I think after Vaccaro, Elam, and Cyprien
The talent drops off a bit
Lots of OL talent
Old 03-26-2013   #174
Rock N Randy
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
So Vacarro is now a Vaquero. Nice.
Taquito
Taco
Vaccaro
Vacarro (Vaquero)
All the same lol
You say tomato, I say tamato
Haha
I fixed it
Old 03-26-2013   #175
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
#1 safety
Or 4th/5th best OT

Right tackle can be had in round 2 or 3

Same could be said for safety
I think after Vaccaro, Elam, and Cyprien
The talent drops off a bit
Lots of OL talent
What do you guys think about Shamarko Thomas?
Old 03-26-2013   #176
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry about that, guys. Totally slept in haha.

With the 19th pick in the TT Mock Draft, the New York Giants pick
Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia.

I considered going DE but I figured that to be a reach at this moment (Damontre Moore is not a great DE prospect to me, the combine was a major red flag) and so I filled another position of need with a better available talent. Dan Connor is not a permanent solution at ILB and though he was added in free agency, the Giants look to lock down this position with a talented (though risky) ILB choice.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #177
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Sorry about that, guys. Totally slept in haha.

With the 19th pick in the TT Mock Draft, the New York Giants pick
Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia.

I considered going DE but I figured that to be a reach at this moment (Damontre Moore is not a great DE prospect to me, the combine was a major red flag) and so I filled another position of need with a better available talent. Dan Connor is not a permanent solution at ILB and though he was added in free agency, the Giants look to lock down this position with a talented (though risky) ILB choice.
Agreed. Talented but risky prospect.
Old 03-26-2013   #178
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 20th pick in the TT Mock Draft, the Chicago Bears pick Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

This might be a bit of surprise that the Bears go CB here, but the guys I was hoping to fall didn't, and Rhodes is by far the BPA. The Bears play the pass happy offenses of the Packers and Lions twice a year, so having extra corners is always a plus against those 4 and 5 WR sets. Both of the Bears starting CBs Peanut Tillman and Tim Jennings are going to be UFAs next year, and it's likely that at least one of them will be leaving in free agency next year. While the Bears certainly hope to keep them both, it will be prudent to take Rhodes here.
Old 03-26-2013   #179
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
With the 20th pick in the TT Mock Draft, the Chicago Bears pick Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

This might be a bit of surprise that the Bears go CB here, but the guys I was hoping to fall didn't, and Rhodes is by far the BPA. The Bears play the pass happy offenses of the Packers and Lions twice a year, so having extra corners is always a plus against those 4 and 5 WR sets. Both of the Bears starting CBs Peanut Tillman and Tim Jennings are going to be UFAs next year, and it's likely that at least one of them will be leaving in free agency next year. While the Bears certainly hope to keep them both, it will be prudent to take Rhodes here.
What a luxury pick; the rich gets richer, LoL!
Old 03-26-2013   #180
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Was hoping he would make it to the Vikings.

edit; Ogletree that is.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read