Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-25-2013   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rotoworld 2013 Mock Drafts

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...ncy-mock-draft

1. Kansas City Chiefs -- Texas A&M LT Luke Joeckel

2. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Oregon LB/DE Dion Jordan

3. Oakland Raiders -- West Virginia QB Geno Smith

4. Philadelphia Eagles -- Florida DT Sharrif Floyd

5. Detroit Lions -- BYU DE Ziggy Ansah

6. Cleveland Browns -- Alabama CB Dee Milliner

7. Arizona Cardinals -- Central Michigan LT Eric Fisher

8. Buffalo Bills -- Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert

9. New York Jets -- Utah DT Star Lotulelei

10. Tennessee Titans -- North Carolina OG Jonathan Cooper

11. San Diego Chargers -- Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson

12. Miami Dolphins -- Florida State CB Xavier Rhodes

13. Tampa Bay Bucs -- Florida State DE Bjoern Werner

14. Panthers -- Alabama OG Chance Warmack

15. New Orleans Saints -- Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones

16. St. Louis Rams -- West Virginia WR Tavon Austin

17. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Alabama RB Eddie Lacy

18. Dallas Cowboys -- Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson

19. New York Giants -- Washington CB Desmond Trufant

20. Chicago Bears -- Kansas State LB Arthur Brown

21. Cincinnati Bengals -- Florida S Matt Elam

22. St. Louis Rams -- Texas S Kenny Vaccaro

23. Minnesota Vikings -- Clemson WR DeAndre Hopkins

24. Indianapolis Colts -- LSU DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo

25. Minnesota Vikings -- Florida International S Jonathan Cyprien

26. Green Bay Packers -- North Carolina DT Sylvester Williams

27. Houston Texans -- Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson

Patterson is a top-ten prospect in terms of upside, but NFL evaluators may envision the JUCO transfer as a raw, boom-or-bust project who must polish up his routes. He's an obvious candidate to be drafted later than expected. Patterson would still be a no-brainer pick for the Texans, who are intent on adding perimeter speed and would use Patterson as a No. 2 wideout, working him in gradually as a short to intermediate threat opposite Andre Johnson. Patterson shouldn't take long to establish himself as a winner versus single coverage and post-catch tackle breaker.

28. Denver Broncos -- UCLA DL Datone Jones

29. New England Patriots -- California WR Keenan Allen

Allen isn't quite the vertical field-stretcher New England is believed to be searching for, but his run-after-catch ability and route-running chops make him a pro-ready NFL prospect. Allen has drawn comparisons ranging from Miles Austin to Reggie Wayne. While Danny Amendola is entrenched at one receiver spot, the Pats won't enter the season with Donald Jones at the other.

30. Atlanta Falcons -- Florida State DE Tank Carradine

31. San Francisco 49ers -- Alabama NT Jesse Williams

32. Baltimore Ravens -- Tennessee WR Justin Hunter

Left Out of Round One: Georgia LB Alec Ogletree, Mississippi State CB Johnthan Banks, Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o, Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore, Florida State OT Menelik Watson, USC QB Matt Barkley, Alabama T/G D.J. Fluker, SMU DE Margus Hunt, Stanford TE Zach Ertz, Auburn OLB Corey Lemonier, Boise State CB Jamar Taylor, LSU ILB Kevin Minter, Georgia NT John Jenkins, Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib, Arkansas-Pine Bluff OT Terron Armstead, Ohio State DT Johnathan Hankins, Florida State QB E.J. Manuel.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rotoworld 2013 Mock Drafts

If the draft falls that way I don't see the Bills taking a TE at number 8. Warmack, Patterson, Whatever QB they think is the second best in the draft, or some kind of hard hitting run stopper (Could be an LB) would probably tickle their fancy more.
Old 03-25-2013   #3
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 138774 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would cry tears of joy if somehow we got Cordarelle Patterson.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
17. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Alabama RB Eddie Lacy
I would be really surprised to see Lacy go in the 1st. I would be even more surprised to see the Steelers take him.
Old 03-25-2013   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Amen.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I would be really surprised to see Lacy go in the 1st. I would be even more surprised to see the Steelers take him.
Let 'em. You think I care? lOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Having to choose between Patterson and Allen would be crazy.

Quote:
Lacy should be there in the 2nd. If not, they could take Ball. I don't see a RB any where near the 1st round this year.
Old 03-25-2013   #8
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120522 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lacy is a first round talent.
Old 03-25-2013   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually like lacy a lot. He's flown under the radar some, but I like his game a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if a rb needy team takes him in the first.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I actually like lacy a lot. He's flown under the radar some, but I like his game a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if a rb needy team takes him in the first.
I somewhat agree. I have been agreeing with you quite strongly recently, I need to spread some rep. Another guy is LaVeon Bell. Just watch the kid play and he fits the one cut zone scheme extremely well. I'd bet he will be a good pro, Lacy as well, but I also don't see the Texans needing to grab a RB that high in this draft. Too bad because I really like Bell.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #11
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120522 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I got a chubby just thinking about it. The only way we should draft a WR int eh first round is if we believe he can eventually be a number one or an instant number two. Patterson could be a number one. Allen could easily be an instant number two. No one else is worthy of a first IMO.
Old 03-26-2013   #12
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm completely ignorant to patterson. what i get from scouting reports is a juco transfer who split time between receiver, runningback, and returner. it seems he's more athlete than receiver, but has merely above average combine stats. watching highlights, i see a guy with ideal size with a high ceiling and exceptional bust potential - half of his tape isnt going to work in the pros. what i dont see is an heir to andre johnson or a #2, what i see is jacoby jones.

what am i missing?
Old 03-26-2013   #13
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i'm completely ignorant to patterson. what i get from scouting reports is a juco transfer who split time between receiver, runningback, and returner. it seems he's more athlete than receiver, but has merely above average combine stats. watching highlights, i see a guy with ideal size with a high ceiling and exceptional bust potential - half of his tape isnt going to work in the pros. what i dont see is an heir to andre johnson or a #2, what i see is jacoby jones.

what am i missing?
Edit
Old 03-26-2013   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Patterson would be an excellent addition...

Having him opposite Andre would be fun to watch.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #15
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

what am i missing?
He's got way more shake and bake than Jacoby. I see a bigger, faster Peter Warrick. Warrick ran a 4.6 at the combine, which is why he was in and out of the league so quick. Patterson has the elite elusive ability of Warrick, but combines it with being two inches taller, twenty pounds heavier and possessing 4.4 speed.
Old 03-26-2013   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

what am i missing?
The same things were said about Harvin.Patterson has that kind of talent. You try to get the ball in his hands anyway you can.

He's a bigger version of Harvin, which will allow Patterson to be able to play outside too. Patterson is a big play waiting to happen.

The lack of route running skills can be said about almost all WR's coming out of college. It was said about AJ. The question is whether Patterson will put in the work to become AJ. Or will he settle for being a Miles Austin? Either way Patterson is well worth the 27th pick. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #17
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm still not getting #1 (or even #2) wide receiver from either response, more a #3 playmaker. peter warrick and percy harvin ... two playmakers who havent topped 1000 receiving yards as pros.

like i've said, i dont watch college ball so my opinion is less than worthless, but patterson wouldnt even be my first choice from tennessee. he just doesnt look like he translates to the pro game, which i assume is why he's dropping. i'd personally rather have a wide receiver than a playmaker.
Old 03-26-2013   #18
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

either guy would do for me as potential replacements for AJ and also guys that could serve as great #2's in the meantime...but i do like Hunter more..he appears much more polished and his ceiling looks to be higher.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #19
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys are all getting your hopes up over an offensive player in the 1st, when we know that chances are it will be defensive player like ILB Minter or Brown. Then Kubiak will outsmart everyone by drafting a WR in the 2nd like Aaron Dobson, Marquess Wilson or Da'Rick Rogers (small school, big body WR that can block). Then we will spend the 3rds on a blocking TE like Dion Sims, and a smallish NT like Jordan Hill or Chris Jones. Thus helping us continue to tread water rather than take significant risks on players or make changes that might put us over the hump.

I wish I could be as optimistic as you all, but this team has a formula that hasn't really changed in years and I don't expect it to any time soon.
Old 03-26-2013   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i'm still not getting #1 (or even #2) wide receiver from either response, more a #3 playmaker. peter warrick and percy harvin ... two playmakers who havent topped 1000 receiving yards as pros.

like i've said, i dont watch college ball so my opinion is less than worthless, but patterson wouldnt even be my first choice from tennessee. he just doesnt look like he translates to the pro game, which i assume is why he's dropping. i'd personally rather have a wide receiver than a playmaker.
Playmakers win games

Harvin was a top 10 player before getting injured. (Excluding QB's) The goal is to score points, not to pidgeon hole players in to a this position or that position.

Players like Harvin/Patterson help win games. Patterson has only played 1 yr of college ball and lit up the SEC, he has so much untapped potential. Teams like the Seahawks seem to agree with this philosophy. They gave up the picks/$$$$ to get Harvin and Patterson has the ability to be better than Harvin.

If you want a good solid WR then draft a guy like Hopkins. If both Hopkins and Patterson are available at 27 give me a playmaker like Patterson everyday and twice on Sundays. This is not meant as a slight on Hopkins.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read