Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-21-2013   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gavin Escobar TE San Diego St

I know everyone knows Kubiak's infatuation with drafting a TE but I wouldn't mind if he went with this guy. He's tall and has long arms. His highlights in the passing game doesn't really show a bunch of speed but they do show what kind of blocker he is. I'm impressed with that. With such long arms he could do alot to shore up that right side of our line and be a good dump off that Schaub likes to throw all the time.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gavin Escobar TE San Diego St

Nobody likes this kid?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #3
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Nobody likes this kid?
He's a very good receiving TE and has good height (6'6"), but he's not a good blocking TE and he ran slow at the Combine (4.84). WalterFootball still has him going between the 2nd and 4th rounds. It's a deep TE class and I'm not sure where the Texans will go for a TE, but I don't think it will be early. My guess is it will be somewhere between the 5th through 7th rds and Escobar should be long gone.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #4
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think next year we should definitely look for this type of TE in the draft since I believe OD will be a FA at the end of the season. As for this season I want a blocking TE like Michael Williams from Alabama who also has pretty good hands as a receiving target but is primarily a blocker and should help the ground game.

Maybe a guy like C.J. Fiedorowicz from Iowa next year.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I think next year we should definitely look for this type of TE in the draft since I believe OD will be a FA at the end of the season. As for this season I want a blocking TE like Michael Williams from Alabama who also has pretty good hands as a receiving target but is primarily a blocker and should help the ground game.

Maybe a guy like C.J. Fiedorowicz from Iowa next year.
He would awesome pick-up, doubt he lasts till 3rd probably will carry a 2nd rd. grade.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #6
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a big fan of Ryan Otten, the kid from San Jose State.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Nobody likes this kid?
Two thumbs up from me, let's take him.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2013   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Escobar, especially on the Texans. They ask the TEs to do a lot of finesse blocking, which he can handle. And Escobar would be a great red zone target. I just don't see the Texans looking TE early enough to take Escobar, who should be off the board before the Texans picks in the 3rd round. I think they will take a TE at some point on the 3rd day.
Old 04-08-2013   #9
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I think some TE's that are rated mid rounders will fall, then there will be a run on them later in the draft. There are a lot of good TE's in this draft.

There actually should be some intriguing guys available as UDFA's.

Josh Hill Idaho St. SR 6-5 @ 246
40-Time: 4.69

Career Statistics
Year GP REC YDS YPC TD
2008 RS - - - -
2009 11 8 68 8.5 0
2010 11 17 165 9.7 3
2011 11 48 407 8.5 1
2012 11 70 630 9.0 5
= 44 146 1,270 8.7 9

Improved every year.

Jake Stoneburner Ohio State rSr 6-4 252
40-Time: 4.62

Stoneburner is a tall athlete with good length and catching radius. He plays with excellent body control to adjust and come down with the catch, showing very good field awareness. Stoneburner has usually strong hands and focus to snatch the ball out of the air and make some tough catches look easy. He makes plays after the catch, showing good effort and power to pick up tough yards. Stoneburner has smooth footwork in his routes and straight-line speed to make plays downfield. He displays some tenacity as a blocker and does a nice job on the perimeter. Stoneburner did a nice job finding the end zone with 13 career touchdowns, scoring once every 4.1 times he touched the ball.

video
There are lot's more just like them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read