Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-25-2013   #81
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 126444 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ted Johnson calls Vince Wilfork's wife "ugliest he's ever seen"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I haven't listened to 610 since Josh Innis got there. That dude should be nominated for Biggest Douche in the Universe.
Or at least this should be printed on his business cards.
Old 03-26-2013   #82
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I should probably keep my keyboard silent, but I would like to go on a little mini rant here:

Why do guys think it is ok to trash a women based on her looks? I read the posts from males I have met in person who are not in the least bit attractive who feel the need to insult to looks of a woman in a picture. I usually laugh and shake my head, these guys say the wouldn't hit it, when the reality is they wouldn't stand a chance in hell of "hitting it."

If women were as shallow as men who do this crap, and only graded men on looks, not many males would make it to the alter.

Why would that jerk ask the question and why would Johnson answer it?

...you...you think I'm UGLY!?!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #83
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
...you...you think I'm UGLY!?!
I don't think I ever remember you insulting the looks of a female. You are more inclined to drool. :kiss:
Old 03-26-2013   #84
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Doesn't matter to me besides Vince ain't exactly Denzel Washington .

She reminds me a bit of Mindy Cohn from Facts of Life. I don't think she's ugly but would say she's NOT my type physically. Okay If you guys will excuse me I have to get up on my soapbox.

(ahem) Okay while I am KNOWN in here for being a bit of a pig I should go on record with a few things. While I am attracted to a certain TYPE of woman that's more a preference than anything else.

I appreciate the inherent beauty in all things feminine. The way women walk, the way they sit the way they eat a sandwich. Women (ALL WOMEN) carry themselves in a way which I find beautiful. They come in various shapes and sizes and I have to admit that I've met women whom I found physically repugnant whose presence and attitude made them "sexy"; conversely I've met women who were the physical epitome of all things beautiful who had the personalities of rabid wolverines with hemorhoidal flare ups and ced personalities MADE them HIDEOUS in my eyes.
Mrs. Wilfork might be a wonderful person and he may love her because she's such a wonderful human being and that says a great deal about him as a person. Says he's NOT that shallow a-hole who has to marry a model or a stripper simply because he has lots of money.

I think however the BIGGER issue here is how little class a man has to have in order to PUBLICLY say disparaging things about another man's WIFE. Disrespect another man all you want, but attacking his wife shows an utter lack of respect and class. Okay I've said my piece. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to see if I can find some pics of Japanese women half my age with disproportionately meaty breasts. Good day.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 03-26-2013   #85
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
If I could rep you all day I would. Not to mention that they wouldn't have the balls to say this to Wilfork's face. Its nice to be able to hide behind a keyboard.
Got the rep for GHF
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #86
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
This is not a situation that calls for political correctness. It is a situation that calls for human decency.

That woman (as you refer to her) is from all accounts a wonderful person and wife.

Let me ask this question to all in this thread who are publicly willing to call her ugly (or nasty). Is there a female in your life who you care about that is ugly? Maybe a mother, a grandmother, a sister, a wife of a friend, a co worker? Would you call them ugly (or nasty) to their face? Then why do you think it is acceptable anywhere?

She isn't a Roseanne or a Rosie O'Donnell who put herself in the public eye and is therefore more subject to public opinion.

I personally have a ton of respect for the way Vince stood up for his wife and for the fact that he is in such a loving relationship with her.
My GF is 5'4 pale as a sheet of paper and has a square jaw. Some kid who friended me on Facebook called her ugly and I asked him to meet me so I could test the structural integrity of his ribcage and jaw. There are some who MIGHT not find her attractive, but I do and the fact that I do is all that matters.
Old 03-26-2013   #87
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Over here in Japan, there's saying. You can get used to looks of not attractive woman. You can get tired of pretty ones. What it means is that it is more important inside than pretty appearance.

Having said that, I do have young and beautiful girlfriend. I just like total beauty inside and outside.
Samurai...the Nihon-jin Onna no ko are just plain fun anyway...but I digress. Rumiko Takahashi is old enough to be my mama and kinda funny looking, BUT she's smart and funny ...and incredibly rich and I'd be honored to be on her arm.
Old 03-26-2013   #88
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

He was just being honest, she's busted.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #89
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBlood View Post
He was just being honest, she's busted.
Translate for those of us that speak English, please
Old 03-26-2013   #90
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
See the word in bold? - it's kind of key to why this is a different situation. Nice made up knowledge of a time period from before you were born.
...Says the man married to the redheaded bombshell

"Take my wife...PLEASE!" :Henny Youngman

On the whole you might be right on this one, but commedian Robin Harris (may he rest in peace) used to do a routine in the 90s about how ugly his wife was. It's okay to joke about your OWN family, but damned if someone else does it.
Old 03-26-2013   #91
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
If my wife or daughter were as ugly as his wife i would have to laugh, what good does it do to get upset about it. If Wilfork has a problem they can work it out like men. It's really just good humor that's commonly shared amongst brothers like football players, soldiers, fraternity, whatever.

The sensitivity levels around here are outrageous.
Wilfork's response on Twitter was:

"I hear everything, I'm EVERYWHERE mother-fcUKer."
Old 03-26-2013   #92
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Let's not put wonger on a pedestal. There are plenty of dumb posts here.
THANK YOU! Me, Bill & Red-zone have said some REALLY stupid crap in here, don't put this man in our fraternity damn it! He's gotta EARN it.
Old 03-26-2013   #93
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't think I ever remember you insulting the looks of a female. You are more inclined to drool. :kiss:
Being physically unattractive doesn't make someone ugly. Treating others like crap makes you ugly.
Old 03-26-2013   #94
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Translate for those of us that speak English, please
Picture yourself getting into an accident and busting a limb wide open. The way your limb would look is what she looks like. Do you want me to go into further details?

If you dont know what a limb is go to dictionary.com
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #95
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...Says the man married to the redheaded bombshell

"Take my wife...PLEASE!" :Henny Youngman

On the whole you might be right on this one, but commedian Robin Harris (may he rest in peace) used to do a routine in the 90s about how ugly his wife was. It's okay to joke about your OWN family, but damned if someone else does it.
That was infantrycak's exact point. Talked about your own not someone else s. Or go the Chris Rock route and talk in general terms.

There is an old saying it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your an idiot, than it is to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Some on here have removed all doubt.
Old 03-26-2013   #96
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBlood View Post
Picture yourself getting into an accident and busting a limb wide open. The way your limb would look is what she looks like. Do you want me to go into further details?

If you dont know what a limb is go to dictionary.com
Ok, so it's supposed to make you sound cool. Gotcha, you're real cool
Old 03-26-2013   #97
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Being physically unattractive doesn't make someone ugly. Treating others like crap makes you ugly.
yep, well said. I wish our culture reflected these values more than it does.
Old 03-26-2013   #98
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57261 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Couldn't agree more. Very well said on all counts Jesse.
Old 03-26-2013   #99
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Too many people don't know the difference between humor and cruelty. If you don't like to be called little, white boy, the N word, or fat b****, then don't think it's OK to do the rest. If you don't care about somebody else's feelings, then you are the moron who deserves no respect....AND DONT' LAUGH when some moron is entertaining you. You'll deserve it when you're the next victim.

I wouldn't expect this guy to do anymore than apologize, which he already did, but he should know that his apology does not even come close to making up for the damage. I hope most people turned off the radio when this crap was airing.
I turned 610 off a few months ago, so I missed it.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013   #100
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I turned 610 off a few months ago, so I missed it.
I live in Austin and the guys here brought it up, and LZ mentioned it on twitter.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read