Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2013   #101
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 23098 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: There's a reason Ed Reed won't put Houston over the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTx11 View Post
Not trying to make a comparison except to say that like Schaub, Dilfer was nothing too special.

Schaub is by no means perfect, but he can help the Texans win the Super Bowl if (yes a big IF) he has the right group of players around him and some luck.
Schaub is light years ahead of Dilfer as a QB- regardless of players around him.
Old 03-25-2013   #102
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
For the...
Quote:
The poster...
Quote:
You need...
Quote:
I hope you....
Quote:
Don't say...
Quote:
You don't...
Quote:
I will say...
Quote:
All I did...
Quote:
Now you...
... just in case I haven't worn out my welcome I'll go ahead and post 9 times in a row.
Old 03-25-2013   #103
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 23098 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
That's cool, and I don't debate any of that, but I'm not one of the people questioning your motives. I just wanted to give you my perspective regarding the acquisition, and get your thoughts. Your response didn't really address anything I said, though.
Sorry- I went off on a tangent.

Having Ed there to bring leadership and help build a winning culture means that it wasn't there or it existed in small batches. That is the only caution I would issue; when a team changes philosophy (HC, GM and Key personnel) then you can institute a new culture. Not sure that adding a few pieces will- not saying it can't, but usually it is passed on from teammates after it is already established.

Ed does his own thing in the off-season. Maybe he changes that this year to help out the new team, maybe not...

We will see.
Old 03-25-2013   #104
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
... just in case I haven't worn out my welcome I'll go ahead and post 9 times in a row.
My apologies- I do like to answer every person that responds to me. That's what a discussion is about, no? Back and forth exchange of thoughts and ideas?

I wasn't on for a day or so; had to plow some snow up here.

I swear this board is full of more etiquette freaks than football fans.

And here I thought Chief fans were whiners, cryers and complainers about internet message boards.

Old 03-25-2013   #105
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
All I'm going to say, and Ravens fans should know what I mean, is....Trent Dilfer!!! Who was the Super Bowl MVP in that Super Bowl?

Ray Lewis was Super Bowl MVP.
Old 03-25-2013   #106
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I like how Ravens Fan says to us:

Yet Ravens Fan...
I'm glad you guys are finally seeing this ratbird troll for what he really is.

I don't have a problem talking football with fans of other teams. But this guy isn't looking for discussion, he's looking for someone to stroke his ratbird.
Old 03-25-2013   #107
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And here I thought Chief fans were whiners, cryers and complainers about internet message boards.
You're wondering where that proverbial line in the sand is at, aren't ya'?...

Attack the content of posts, not the posters. Your broad brush might drop paint on someone not as lenient next time.
Old 03-25-2013   #108
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTx11 View Post
Not trying to make a comparison except to say that like Schaub, Dilfer was nothing too special.

Schaub is by no means perfect, but he can help the Texans win the Super Bowl if (yes a big IF) he has the right group of players around him and some luck.
Not to mention Schaub has been a better QB than Flacco over the last 3-4 years. Forget Dilfer. If Flacco can win a Super Bowl.... & be MVP, so can Schaub.

& trust me when I say I'm not a Schaub fan, I'm just not going to forget his level of play vs Joe Flacco's (or Matty Ice for that matter).
Old 03-25-2013   #109
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You don't get it. Now you act like a 13 yr old on a team that has never won anything and you want to put the voodoo curse on a successful team. This is almost laugh out loud stuff.

Not a whole lot of you do get it in this forum. This has to contain some of the more lower information fans I have come across. a lot of you simply do not pay attention to anything outside of your own micro-cosm there in Texan-land.

I met some Texans fans at the playoff game last year in Baltimore; really cool people who understand the game. I asked them about this site and they said they didn't post on any message board. Guess that should have told me.
No, I get it. I mis-read who you ARE. My bad.

I "thought" you were better than what you really are.

I'm not acting like anything other than a person who feels pretty stupid for having thought you could exist here and be a good visitor. I guess early on you were just playing the "nice" card, but since we got interested in your man, Ed Reed, and you had to watch EIGHT of your team's starters bolt, you turned into a colossal troll around here.

I think you're just pissed off that your team is about to be pretty average all of a sudden. And that's fine, but come on...telling me I'm acting like a 13-year-old? Heh. I have never in the course of my 10+ years of posting here felt the need to rattle off 9 consecutive posts like you have.

You're funny. Like a clown. You amuse us.
Old 03-25-2013   #110
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have never in the course of my 10+ years of posting here felt the need to rattle off 9 consecutive posts like you have.
Well, to be fair GP, some of your posts can be about the equivalent of 9 posts.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Old 03-25-2013   #111
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm glad you guys are finally seeing this ratbird troll for what he really is.

I don't have a problem talking football with fans of other teams. But this guy isn't looking for discussion, he's looking for someone to stroke his ratbird.
So here is a guy wanting to talk football then uses the words troll and ratbird in the same post.

What's next? Boogey eater?
Old 03-25-2013   #112
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
No, I get it. I mis-read who you ARE. My bad.

I "thought" you were better than what you really are.

I'm not acting like anything other than a person who feels pretty stupid for having thought you could exist here and be a good visitor. I guess early on you were just playing the "nice" card, but since we got interested in your man, Ed Reed, and you had to watch EIGHT of your team's starters bolt, you turned into a colossal troll around here.

I think you're just pissed off that your team is about to be pretty average all of a sudden. And that's fine, but come on...telling me I'm acting like a 13-year-old? Heh. I have never in the course of my 10+ years of posting here felt the need to rattle off 9 consecutive posts like you have.

You're funny. Like a clown. You amuse us.
Why do you insist that I am angry? Especially about my teams moves in the offseason? I tried to tell you how it is with Ed Reed, you misinterpreted that as me 'hating' on him or 'getting pissed off'...

If anything, the moves Ozzie Newsome has made will only make our team stronger in the long run. And as far as the Posting etiquette goes, are you Emily Dickinson now too?

See here's the rub; someone says a harsh or biting comment to me, I respond in kind and all of a sudden I am a troll...whatever dude.

Hey since I am 100% German, maybe I can start calling you the Post Nazi and thereby limit the ability to consecutively post......
Old 03-25-2013   #113
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You're wondering where that proverbial line in the sand is at, aren't ya'?...

Attack the content of posts, not the posters. Your broad brush might drop paint on someone not as lenient next time.
Then maybe some of the so called venerable statesmen of posters in here should have their 'content' examined.
Old 03-25-2013   #114
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks everyone..... *ahem* especially (or more accurately) 'Handswarmer"!!! And I didn't think my headache could get any worse!!

Old 03-25-2013   #115
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Not to mention Schaub has been a better QB than Flacco over the last 3-4 years. Forget Dilfer. If Flacco can win a Super Bowl.... & be MVP, so can Schaub.

& trust me when I say I'm not a Schaub fan, I'm just not going to forget his level of play vs Joe Flacco's (or Matty Ice for that matter).
Statistically Schaub has been better than Flacco over the last couple of years; both blow away Dilfer.

But I am not sure that Schaub could go on a roll like Flacco did to end a season. Only Joe Montana has equaled that roll.
Old 03-25-2013   #116
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1720 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All I did was post an article from a national writer- a blog.

I have been saying for the last 3 years around my friends that Ed is declining- I have watched too many times where Ed #1- is running backwards trying to tackle a guy by his shoulder pads or goes for a big hit instead of wrapping up and whiffs and #2- is caught guessing and leaves the CB on an island....

His leaving is nowhere near to personal for me. I root for the team, I do not wear another man's name across my back.
"Around my friends"

Lol. Whispering. Not too loud. Now that he is a raven no more ill shout it loud. Especially on the Texans forum. Lol

Monday morning QB at its finest.

Good luck with Jacoby as your number 2 WR. YOUR GONNA NEED IT.
Old 03-25-2013   #117
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

And this one time at band camp, I stuck a flute in my handswarmer.......
Old 03-25-2013   #118
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But I am not sure that Schaub could go on a roll like Flacco did to end a season. Only Joe Montana has equaled that roll.
schaub was on a 16-1 run at over the past two seasons, putting up top 3 points ... he can most certainly go on a tear. had he the ravens' defense from the start, instead of our insanely bad defense (and merely average this year as you pointed out), it's pretty easy to argue that he'd have had similar or greater post season success than flacco.

after all, both teams put up 28 on the patriots ... one went home and one went to the superbowl.
Old 03-25-2013   #119
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans Sux 72 View Post
"Around my friends"

Lol. Whispering. Not too loud. Now that he is a raven no more ill shout it loud. Especially on the Texans forum. Lol

Monday morning QB at its finest.

Good luck with Jacoby as your number 2 WR. YOUR GONNA NEED IT.
We've all known JJ had potential to be a #2. He just didn't start putting it together until he was offended by the fans of Houston not wanting him in town anymore. The last year we brought him back it was for him to take the #2 spot away from KW, and he didn't. It took running him out of town for him to focus on being a receiver, now there is a high possibility it works out for the Ravens. I'd say 70-30
Old 03-25-2013   #120
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Well, to be fair GP, some of your posts can be about the equivalent of 9 posts.

Yeah, but I get 'er all in one take!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read