Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-25-2013   #81
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81710 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Hey guys, I think WolverineFan has a good record, so I'm not directing anything toward him.

Any suggestion as to how we can move this thing along a little faster?
In term of people knowing when their turn comes up.

I know some of ya are busy; and that's why I suggested the email notification.

You can PM me your email address (you can set up a temporary email address if you want) and I will be happy to update you with the progress .
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #82
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108854 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
With the Tenth pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select Ezekiel Ansah DE (BYU).
Dang. I really wanted Ansah.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #83
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey guys, I think WolverineFan has a good record, so I'm not directing anything toward him.

Any suggestion as to how we can move this thing along a little faster?
In term of people knowing when their turn comes up.

I know some of ya are busy; and that's why I suggested the email notification.

You can PM me your email address (you can set up a temporary email address if you want) and I will be happy to update you with the progress .
I'd say give them the alloted time (Which was what, 4 hours?) and if nothing happens have that team select Colin Klein and then move on.
Old 03-25-2013   #84
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108854 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Or maybe set up a community pick for that team? That would take long, though...
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #85
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Drafting an OG this high is kind of risky, IMO, in term of "money".
You pay a guard top money and then still have to worry about other core players that demand high salaries.
But I guess you have to do it if he's BPA that fills your top need?

What do you guys think on this "issue" ???
My sentiments exactly, an OG at 6 is not the pick I would have made even if he's BPA and your biggest need. A very good OG can be had in the 2nd, and good ones can be found in the 3rd and 4th rounds. In terms of money he'll probably be gone at the end of his rookie contract because it's just not cost effective to have an OG making that kind of money.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #86
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81710 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Or maybe set up a community pick for that team? That would take long, though...
How long did it take in the previous years?
Old 03-25-2013   #87
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
My sentiments exactly, an OG at 6 is not the pick I would have made even if he's BPA and your biggest need. A very good OG can be had in the 2nd, and good ones can be found in the 3rd and 4th rounds. In terms of money he'll probably be gone at the end of his rookie contract because it's just not cost effective to have an OG making that kind of money.
In restropect though, had the Saints picked Jahri Evans in the first round, his second contract would probably remain the same.

He was the highest-paid interior lineman with his second contract.
I don't think the Saints can up that offer any more than that?!?
Old 03-25-2013   #88
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Next teams up:

Quote:
11 San Diego Chargers
12 Miami Dolphins
13 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
14 Carolina Panthers
15 New Orleans Saints
16 St. Louis Rams
17 Pittsburgh Steelers
18 Dallas Cowboys
19 New York Giants
20 Chicago Bears
Is there a list with every team and their owner? I didn't see one.

Last year I tried to employ emailing everyone when their pick was next. I think that helped in some cases, so if people can add their email to their profile and allow members to email them, it would speed things up.
Old 03-25-2013   #89
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Next teams up:

Is there a list with every team and their owner? I didn't see one.

Last year I tried to employ emailing everyone when their pick was next. I think that helped in some cases, so if people can add their email to their profile and allow members to email them, it would speed things up.

Its in the other thread -

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
1. Kansas City- Wolf 6151
2. Jacksonville- Blake
3. Oakland- srrono
4. Philadelphia- Texans Seminole
5. Detroit- 45 Suof
6. Cleveland-Texan4Ever
7. Arizona- Steel B Texan
8.Buffalo-Bong
9.NY Jets- dsr 23
10.Tennesee- Senior Stan
11. San Diego- Wolverine Fan
12. Miami- Texans Seminole
13 Tampa Bay- Ndevine7
14.Carolina- Honoring Earl
15. New Orleans- htown fan32
16. St. Louis- RT 22
17. Pittsburgh- Honoring Earl
18. Dallas- Rock-N-Randy
19. NYG- htownfan32
20. Chicago-Bears- dutchrudder
21. Cincinati- Corrosion
22. St. Louis- RT 22
23. Minnesota- NC Texan
24. Indianapolis- Rey
25. Minnesota - NC Texan
26. Green Bay- mussop
27. Houston- Corrosion
28. Denver- Senor Stan
29. New England- Coon
30 Atlanta-Bong
31. San Francisco- Wolverine Fan
32. Baltimore- Rock-N-Randy

Washington- Steel B Texan
Seattle- Blake

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #90
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont pick until 21 for Cincy & 27 for the Texans and havent finalized those picks as so much depends upon who's available - I couldnt nail them down to 5 names right now.

I most likely wont be around for the rest of today .... tho I dont really expect to get to 21 and 27 today anyway.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #91
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Its in the other thread -
Yeah, just found it. I added that list to the selection thread for reference.
Old 03-25-2013   #92
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah, just found it. I added that list to the selection thread for reference.
WolverineFan shows an email address; I just tried it; hopefully it works.
Old 03-25-2013   #93
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With the Tenth pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select Ezekiel Ansah DE (BYU).

I was hoping he would last this long...

Extremely raw, but arguably the most upside of anyone in the draft. The Titans need help with their pass rush and Ziggy should fit the bill.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #94
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Let's bring back this method of contact to move things along faster. Basically, when you make a pick, you email the next guy on the list. In order for this to work, everyone needs to be able to receive emails. Go to User CP and add your current email. Then make sure you have receive emails enabled:

All you have to do is click their user name in the signup thread to see "Send email to ..."
Old 03-25-2013   #95
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post

I was hoping he would last this long...

Extremely raw, but arguably the most upside of anyone in the draft. The Titans need help with their pass rush and Ziggy should fit the bill.
I hope he doesn't if the Titans go this route.
I hope the Titans draft a bust, whoever they choose.
Old 03-25-2013   #96
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Got it, Dutch!
Old 03-25-2013   #97
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope he doesn't if the Titans go this route.
I hope the Titans draft a bust, whoever they choose.
I think the Titans are going to go OL heavy this draft...Munchak and Matthews realize the need for the big uglies up front. Both of them as well as Dean Steinkuhler went in the top ten to the Oilers in 82, 83 and 84.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #98
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
I think the Titans are going to go OL heavy this draft...Munchak and Matthews realize the need for the big uglies up front. Both of them as well as Dean Steinkuhler went in the top ten to the Oilers in 82, 83 and 84.
I love those guys!
Old 03-25-2013   #99
76Texan
Hall of Fame

So how much time do we give WolverineFan ?

What should we do to prepare ourselves now?
Old 03-25-2013   #100
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Chargers probably need an OT or a CB?

Discuss!

OT: Fluker? Armstead? Who else? Bakhthiari?

CB: Rhodes, Trufant

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read