Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-25-2013   #61
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
With the fifth pick in the draft, the Lions select OT Eric Fisher (Central Michigan.)

Losing both starting tackles is tough.
Fisher looks like a guy who can step in and at least does an adequate job.

03/16/2013 - 2013 Central Michigan Pro Day: Central Michigan's Eric Fisher keeps his draft stock soaring...Representatives from 28 NFL teams gathered at Central Michigan's pro day Monday, where 18 players participated in a workout that was held indoors on FieldTurf. Projected top-10 draft pick Eric Fisher - NFL.com's Bucky Brooks had him going No. 1 to the Kansas City Chiefs in his latest mock draft - was the main attraction and did not discourage the continuing rise of his draft stock.

Fisher (6-foot-7 1/2, 304 pounds) displayed his athleticism in a workout led by Jacksonville Jaguars offensive line coach George Yarno. Fisher stood by his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine, where he was a top performer in his position group in both the broad jump and 20-yard short shuttle. Fisher can follow in the footsteps of the San Francisco 49ers offensive tackle Joe Staley, a first-round draft pick in 2007 out of Central Michigan and a Pro Bowl selection in 2012. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

I'm a knee-bender.
Great pick, best player in the draft. The Cards should try to trade up and get him in the real draft. Pick for Bong and I will make he pick before my meeting.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #62
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

That yellow is horrible
Old 03-25-2013   #63
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
That yellow is horrible
Sorry, is there a better color in the palette that I didn't notice of?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #64
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With the Seventh pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Cardinals (GM steelbtexan) select OT Lane Johnson (Ohlahoma).
Thanks for making the pick 76.

Johnson has more natural ability and room to grow than the other top OT's in this draft. Great footwork, needs to get a bit stronger but still has plenty of functional strength. He's new to the position and I could see him as a pro bowler for many yrs.

The Cards line just got better.

Johnson Massie and Levi Brown are a great start in fixing a long term problem for the Cards.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #65
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With the Sixth pick in the draft, the Browns (GM Texan4Ever) select OG Chance Warmack (Alabama)

Chance Warmack, OG - The Browns should trade down and pick Warmack if Millner is not on the board. (Note by Texan4Ever)
Drafting an OG this high is kind of risky, IMO, in term of "money".
You pay a guard top money and then still have to worry about other core players that demand high salaries.
But I guess you have to do it if he's BPA that fills your top need?

What do you guys think on this "issue" ???
Old 03-25-2013   #66
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Thanks for making the pick 76.

Johnson has more natural ability and room to grow than the other top OT's in this draft. Great footwork, needs to get a bit stronger but still has plenty of functional strength. He's new to the position and I could see him as a pro bowler for many yrs.

The Cards line just got better.

Johnson Massie and Levi Brown are a great start in fixing a long term problem for the Cards.
Lane Johnson is easily the most athletic O-lineman for awhile now.
He may prove to be the best of the class yet.
Old 03-25-2013   #67
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Heading out for lunch, but with only one spot ahead of me...sent my top 2 to 76Texan.

Go ahead and pick for me once Drs23 picks for the Jets.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #68
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Heading out for lunch, but with only one spot ahead of me...sent my top 2 to 76Texan.

Go ahead and pick for me once Drs23 picks for the Jets.
LOL, Drs23 told me he would be ready to run to the podium.

I warned him to be careful not to trip like Kareem Jackson.

Looks like he did anyway!
Old 03-25-2013   #69
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104085 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Whew. Slept in and had to run to my Anthropology exam

Fortunately the top ten hasn't gone by in a flash, so it's all good.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #70
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 9th pick the NY Jets select:

Dion Jordan, OLB, OR

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #71
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Whew. Slept in and had to run to my Anthropology exam

Fortunately the top ten hasn't gone by in a flash, so it's all good.
We may hit a snag when we get to the Chargers at #11.

I had sent a notice to WolverineFan, but he may be AWOLF,
Old 03-25-2013   #72
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL, Drs23 told me he would be ready to run to the podium.

I warned him to be careful not to trip like Kareem Jackson.

Looks like he did anyway!
Not really, this time anyway. :raspberry: Had a customer come in and had to tend to that.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #73
76Texan
Hall of Fame

With the Tenth pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select Ezekiel Ansah DE (BYU).
Old 03-25-2013   #74
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 8th pick in the draft, the Buffalo Bills decided to do the Buffalo Bills thing (And because the Bills would probably take a different player here and then trade back into the bottom of the first round to take this guy who would probably still be there) and take Matt Barkley, QB, University of Southern California:

With the release of Ryan Fitzpatrick the Bills have created for themselves a nice little hole at QB1 unless they really believe in Tavaris Jackson, which they don't. While I have read that Ryan Nassib (Syracuse) could be the guy here at 8, I cannot in good conscience make that pick at 8, maybe at 41. However, I think that Barkley is still the 2nd best QB available in the draft so that is who I went with.
Old 03-25-2013   #75
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Not really, this time anyway. :raspberry: Had a customer come in and had to tend to that.
Sounds like Kareem got punked by Steve Smith, LOL!

I like Jordan, but I guess the Texans may get a receiver of their choice?!?
Old 03-25-2013   #76
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104085 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We may hit a snag when we get to the Chargers at #11.

I had sent a notice to WolverineFan, but he may be AWOLF,
Well played, sir
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #77
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
With the 8th pick in the draft, the Buffalo Bills decided to do the Buffalo Bills thing (And because the Bills would probably take a different player here and then trade back into the bottom of the first round to take this guy who would probably still be there) and take Matt Barkley, QB, University of Southern California:

With the release of Ryan Fitzpatrick the Bills have created for themselves a nice little hole at QB1 unless they really believe in Tavaris Jackson, which they don't. While I have read that Ryan Nassib (Syracuse) could be the guy here at 8, I cannot in good conscience make that pick at 8, maybe at 41. However, I think that Barkley is still the 2nd best QB available in the draft so that is who I went with.
I think it will come down to this, too... Unless there's some trade going from now until then.
Old 03-25-2013   #78
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Well played, sir
Sometimes things pop up out of nowhere.
Guess I'm still a kid, LOL.
Old 03-25-2013   #79
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it will come down to this, too... Unless there's some trade going from now until then.
If there were trades available, I might've gone with Patterson at WR with the 8th pick, and then trade back into the first to grab Barkley. I also might've taken Warmack but he got picked even higher than 8 (Which is kinda surprising to me).
Old 03-25-2013   #80
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
If there were trades available, I might've gone with Patterson at WR with the 8th pick, and then trade back into the first to grab Barkley. I also might've taken Warmack but he got picked even higher than 8 (Which is kinda surprising to me).
Sounds like good logic to me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read