Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-25-2013   #41
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Paging 45souf; please come to the Moc Draft Section.
Dude has 1 post .... No activity in two days. Probably should have limited signups to people with a history on the forums , reputable members.

His was the only name on the signup list I didnt recognize .... If he doesnt answer soon , might look to get someone else to handle that team.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #42
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Dude has 1 post .... No activity in two days. Probably should have limited signups to people with a history on the forums , reputable members.

His was the only name on the signup list I didnt recognize .... If he doesnt answer soon , might look to get someone else to handle that team.
I know; but I guess we'll be patient.

If nobody wants to take over the spot, I will handle it.
If anybody wants it, please claim the Lions at any time (if 45 doesn't show up) even after I take receivership of the spot.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #43
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We have already done that. 76 will take the Lions unless somebody else wants them. I will give the noobie until 11AM.
texans4ever start putting your thinking cap on.

It's too bad some posters try to ruin this, I didn't know how to tell the noobie he wasn't welcome. I guess I learned my lesson. 9My inner ********* should've made an appearance. LOL)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #44
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
We have already done that. 76 will take the Lions unless somebody else wants them. I will give the noobie until 11AM.

It's too bad some posters try to ruin this, I didn't know how to tell the noobie he wasn't welcome. I guess I learned my lesson. 9My inner ********* should've made an appearance. LOL)
Texan4Ever already got his guy lined-up; so does b0ng.

Come 11:00 A.M.and there will be several picks off the board quickly.

Please have your picks ready, peeps.
Old 03-25-2013   #45
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Guys; also if you would like to receive an e-mail notification when your turn comes up; feel free to PM me.
Old 03-25-2013   #46
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be ready when colts are on the clock...hopefully
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #47
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'll be ready when colts are on the clock...hopefully
Good to know!

Also, I think it will be useful if the GMs announce their intention whether they will be quick with their selection or not.
That way, others can get ready sooner.

Any suggestion welcomed.
Old 03-25-2013   #48
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Im ready with the Bears pick, but there's a good chance my guy will be selected in the next 15...
Old 03-25-2013   #49
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Wow, I didn't realize it was that much.

Who did they select at #3?

LOL, I might go looking for the answer right now; I'm just curious to know your take why they did that?
Actually it was "According to ESPN and FOX Sports, the Vikings have swapped spots with Cleveland, giving the Browns the 3rd pick for the 4th. The Vikings also receive 3 other picks in the 4th, 5th, and 7th rounds."

That's a lot to give to move up just one spot. The situation was Luck, RG3, then the Vikings were expected to take LT Kalil, but Tampa was trying to trade up to get Trent Richardson. So the Browns paid a bit of a premium to ensure they got TR. You have to think that if a team needs to trade up there is another team wanting to do so as well, and that escalates the price. If the Eagles want Geno at 2, I'm sure the Jags will work out a deal with them, but it will probably cost at least a 3rd.
Old 03-25-2013   #50
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Actually it was "According to ESPN and FOX Sports, the Vikings have swapped spots with Cleveland, giving the Browns the 3rd pick for the 4th. The Vikings also receive 3 other picks in the 4th, 5th, and 7th rounds."

That's a lot to give to move up just one spot. The situation was Luck, RG3, then the Vikings were expected to take LT Kalil, but Tampa was trying to trade up to get Trent Richardson. So the Browns paid a bit of a premium to ensure they got TR. You have to think that if a team needs to trade up there is another team wanting to do so as well, and that escalates the price. If the Eagles want Geno at 2, I'm sure the Jags will work out a deal with them, but it will probably cost at least a 3rd.
No wonder the Browns suck, LOL!
Old 03-25-2013   #51
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ready with the Tinnbreads.

I'll be out of the office for lunch soon, but will make my pick at no 10 at no later than 1PM...
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #52
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

No big deal .... I didnt notice until I went and looked that it was a totally new account with only one post.

Looks like all the rest are filled with stable members of the board .... we should have a good draft.

Ive got Cincy at 21 - anyone have any input for that franchise ?!

I have the Texans pretty much figured out ... but Im sure we all have a good idea of their needs.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #53
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Ready with the Tinnbreads.

I'll be out of the office for lunch soon, but will make my pick at no 10 at no later than 1PM...
That would work. We can have a little lunch break.
I think I will go ahead and make the selection for the Lions then.
Old 03-25-2013   #54
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No big deal .... I didnt notice until I went and looked that it was a totally new account with only one post.

Looks like all the rest are filled with stable members of the board .... we should have a good draft.

I have the Texans pretty much figured out ... but Im sure we all have a good idea of their needs.
Eliminate background checks form your draft logarithm...
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #55
76Texan
Hall of Fame

With the fifth pick in the draft, the Lions select OT Eric Fisher (Central Michigan.)

Losing both starting tackles is tough.
Fisher looks like a guy who can step in and at least does an adequate job.

03/16/2013 - 2013 Central Michigan Pro Day: Central Michigan's Eric Fisher keeps his draft stock soaring...Representatives from 28 NFL teams gathered at Central Michigan's pro day Monday, where 18 players participated in a workout that was held indoors on FieldTurf. Projected top-10 draft pick Eric Fisher - NFL.com's Bucky Brooks had him going No. 1 to the Kansas City Chiefs in his latest mock draft - was the main attraction and did not discourage the continuing rise of his draft stock.

Fisher (6-foot-7 1/2, 304 pounds) displayed his athleticism in a workout led by Jacksonville Jaguars offensive line coach George Yarno. Fisher stood by his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine, where he was a top performer in his position group in both the broad jump and 20-yard short shuttle. Fisher can follow in the footsteps of the San Francisco 49ers offensive tackle Joe Staley, a first-round draft pick in 2007 out of Central Michigan and a Pro Bowl selection in 2012. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

I'm a knee-bender.
Old 03-25-2013   #56
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Check with the FBI for a referral,
Old 03-25-2013   #57
76Texan
Hall of Fame

With the Sixth pick in the draft, the Browns (GM Texan4Ever) select OG Chance Warmack (Alabama)

Chance Warmack, OG - The Browns should trade down and pick Warmack if Millner is not on the board. (Note by Texan4Ever)

Last edited by 76Texan; 03-25-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-25-2013   #58
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Steelb asked me to announce his pick for him after 11:00 A.M.
b0ng did, too.

So dsr23, you hang on tight.
I will give steelb a few more minutes to see if he appears from somewhere and runs up to the podium.
Old 03-25-2013   #59
76Texan
Hall of Fame

With the Seventh pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Cardinals (GM steelbtexan) select OT Lane Johnson (Ohlahoma).
Old 03-25-2013   #60
76Texan
Hall of Fame

With the Eight pick in the NFL 2013 draft, the Bills select QB Matt Barkley (Southern Cal).

Comment will be issued by our GM b0ng in his Press Conference.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read