Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2013   #61
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: There's a reason Ed Reed won't put Houston over the top

Maybe Reed will take you back Handswarmer....
Old 03-24-2013   #62
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

*Yawn*

Is it draft day yet?
Old 03-24-2013   #63
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/cl...n-over-the-top

I don't know what there is about the guy (Schaub), but something's missing. I just get the feeling that until or unless Houston finds someone else at quarterback the Texans aren't going farther than an early exit from the playoffs.

And last time I checked Ed Reed didn't play quarterback.

Schaub just can't make the plays that, say, Joe Flacco did last year or Eli Manning did the year before that. Both were Super Bowl MVPs, and check the list, people: The last four Super Bowl MVPs have been quarterbacks. That's because they're the guys who make the difference; not safeties, and especially not 35-year-old safeties nearing the finish line.

Ed Reed was a difference maker once; he's not a difference maker now. Houston is about to find out.
one huge difference between Schaub and Flacco and Manning, this was Schaub's FIRST playoff appearance...

Go look at what Flacco and Eli did in their FIRST playoff appearance, I save you the trouble, they did squat. Oh and guess what, talking heads were saying the EXACT same thing about Flacco and Manning 3-4 years ago, that they couldn't get their team to the promise land.... hmmm....

You keep spewing your drivel about the Texans, we will keep believing. Oh and enjoy you last Super Bowl win for the next 7-10 years because your high-maintenance QB just gutted your team to put coin in his pocket...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
Old 03-24-2013   #64
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
You spend more time here than on your own board. You've spent 473 posts pushing your anti-Ed-Reed-to-another-team agenda. We get it. Go away. We also know Matt Schaubs limitations, waaaaayyyy better than you do. Leave our mediocre QB alone and go back to your overpayed but good QB.
Agreed.

Handswarmer, you've gone too far. Thanks for visiting, and even though you COULD be potentially correct in your assertions and statements, there's a level of dooshery that you've now accomplished.

We get it, your team is smart and our team is dumb. Personally, I hope your team goes 6-10 the next decade.

I had positive rep'd you a few weeks back. But you've turned into a bit of an asshat all of a sudden, particularly since the news that we were interested in Ed Reed began a few weeks ago. I think everyone makes the easy connection here.
Old 03-24-2013   #65
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw this post this morning and thought it was funny. Its like a girl trying to convince herself that the guy she broke up with is a loser now and she never really wanted him in the first place. I know I personally don't care to talk about my ex's but whatever helps you sleep at night girl.
Old 03-24-2013   #66
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
The OP sounds like an ex-boyfriend that is bitter that his girlfriend broke up with him, and runs around running her name down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I saw this post this morning and thought it was funny. Its like a girl trying to convince herself that the guy she broke up with is a loser now and she never really wanted him in the first place. I know I personally don't care to talk about my ex's but whatever helps you sleep at night girl.
Brilliant minds think alike.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
Old 03-24-2013   #67
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
If the offense maintains long sustaining drives and scores touchdowns, that makes the job of the defense easier.

The NFL has organized its rules to bring about high scoring games and protecting the QB, that is a fact. Therefore, any offense better perform well in order to limit the opportunities that an opposing marquee QB has in any game.

The main issue I saw regarding the games against the Patriots and the Packers was a poorly designed and conservative offensive game plan that relied on the defense to keep those games low scoring.

In my opinion, the Texans would get more wins with Kubiak being more creative and utilizing the pieces he has more effectively than expecting the defense to keep the scoring of games in the low teens.
Repped

This is why I've been an it's time to fix the offense guy. It also wouldn't hurt if Gary didn't go into turtle mode when his team has a lead in the 2nd half.

I'm not a Gary hater, but see areas the he needs to improve.
Old 03-24-2013   #68
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Agreed.

Handswarmer, you've gone too far. Thanks for visiting, and even though you COULD be potentially correct in your assertions and statements, there's a level of dooshery that you've now accomplished.

We get it, your team is smart and our team is dumb. Personally, I hope your team goes 6-10 the next decade.

I had positive rep'd you a few weeks back. But you've turned into a bit of an asshat all of a sudden, particularly since the news that we were interested in Ed Reed began a few weeks ago. I think everyone makes the easy connection here.
I could give 2 Shiites about him being here. Freedom of the inter web. But you WILL get called out when need be.

Reed is not gonna solve the Texans problems but he's gonna improve them.
Only a butt hurt fan would come complaining about his ex girlfriend. Lol

This same article could have been written the past two years about Flacco. Lol
Old 03-24-2013   #69
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

"Teams" win in the playoffs. Teams also win Super Bowls. individual players take over games against lesser opponents but in the playoffs there are no lesser opponents really and so it becomes exclusively a contest to determine which team can overcome their opponents and the inherent adversity in the game. You can win a Super Bowl without a great QB, or without a running game, or without a great defense. You can win a Super Bowl without any of probably a dozen or more "pieces" as long as you have a team that does something very well and that comes together at that moment when it either must do so or fall apart.

Your chances are better with better talent but it really isn't about achieving perfection or having 22 Pro Bowlers starting for you. Talent isn't going to get all that much better for the Texans no matter who we go out and sign. We have talent and we are deep enough and been drafting talent long enough to demonstrate that the organization can find the players it needs. Ed Reed's contribution to this team will be hit or miss throughout the season. If he's still standing and can be mostly the Ed Reed we all want him to be come playoff time then that, along with what he brings to that "Learning to be a Pro" thing that Gary puts so much emphasis on will be everything we could ask. We'll try to draft a young Ed Reed either this year or in the next year or two but as good as Glover Quin was (and he was pretty darn good) he was never going to lead that secondary. The Texans secondary was talented but lacked a truly special player last season who could lead. Joseph, Jackson, Reed, and Manning are as good a secondary as you could ask for. There's really nothing to discuss about it. I'd stack those four up against any secondary in the league today.

Matt Schaub will never be an elite QB but he doesn't have to be. I'd like to see the Texans move on from the Schaub era but if it continues for a few more years the situation isn't hopeless. We're building an epic defense and restocking it every year. It's not like teams haven't been successful going that route.
Old 03-24-2013   #70
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 89488 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but the Texans and Ravens both scored 28 points against the Patriots.

If the Raven's defense gave up a fortyburger, nobody gives a crap about Joe Flacco today unless they're making articles about how he can't get it done because something is missing.
This.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Old 03-24-2013   #71
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know why you guys keep feeding this troll. The guy has limited football knowledge and ALWAYS HAS TO HAVE THE LAST WORD.
Old 03-24-2013   #72
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Really> Healthy? That's about as an accurate statement as you saying the game was in Baltimore. Didn't know Reliant Stadium was this far north....

'The Ravens (5-2), meanwhile, missed star linebacker Ray Lewis, who was placed on injured reserve this week with a torn triceps. Terrell Suggs, last year's defensive player of the year, saw his first action since undergoing surgery on his right Achilles tendon last May. Suggs sacked Schaub in the first quarter and finished with three solo tackles.

Otherwise, Baltimore's defense seemed overmatched without Lewis and cornerback Lardarius Webb, who were placed on injured reserve this week. Safety Ed Reed, who acknowledged this week that he's been playing with a torn labrum in his right shoulder, left in the fourth quarter with a chest injury. Reed said he felt fine after the game."

Healthy.....

He was talking about the 2011 game, hence the IT WAS AT BALTIMORE part.
Old 03-24-2013   #73
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post

He was talking about the 2011 game, hence the IT WAS AT BALTIMORE part.
So Webb was injured in 2011?

Suggs was recovering from an torn Achilles in 2011?

Ray Lewis tore his triceps in 2011?
Old 03-24-2013   #74
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't read the whole thread, but the main reason is that Reed doesn't play QB. This team only goes as far as Schaub can take them. That seems to be the divisional round.
Old 03-24-2013   #75
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

If flacco can do it my gwad Schaub can do this .......... LOL
Old 03-24-2013   #76
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

u no what else flacco proved that QB's other then Manning Big ben and brady can win Championships

Brees and Rodgers don't count since they proved well hell there just flat out better then Brady and manning and Flacco .. but hey its a team game when it comes to them
Old 03-24-2013   #77
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I don't know why you guys keep feeding this troll. The guy has limited football knowledge and ALWAYS HAS TO HAVE THE LAST WORD.
The some of masses are tired feeding our trolls that we have come to love because they are our trolls.
Old 03-24-2013   #78
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 40576 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Jules, it's not that cut-and-dry, man.
You assume too much.

We can go over the history of the SB and you would see that it's far from the "normalcy" you think it's been.

Schaub's performance in the game against the Pats has a decent chance of winning a SB game. Many QBs who won the SB didn't make a name for himself until he won a SB. Many big-time QBs didn't play well. Some relied on the run game; some relied on the defense; some both.
Thank you! - Signed,

Terry Bradshaw
Old 03-25-2013   #79
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
*Yawn*

Is it draft day yet?
I feel the same

I wasn't a huge fan of the Reed signing, other than the fact he seems like a great dude. Once the contract numbers leaked I felt a lot better. Either way, I can't wait to see the D on the field with him and other new additions with Watt, Cush, Smith, J-Jo, K-Jax and young Reed.
Old 03-25-2013   #80
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

All I'm going to say, and Ravens fans should know what I mean, is....Trent Dilfer!!! Who was the Super Bowl MVP in that Super Bowl?
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read