Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2013   #81
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's the next move for the Texans?

There are actually 4-5 guys on that list that could come here and help this WR corp. I would think lost of them would take the minimum or close to it at this point so I'm not sure what Rick's waiting for.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #82
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
There are actually 4-5 guys on that list that could come here and help this WR corp. I would think lost of them would take the minimum or close to it at this point so I'm not sure what Rick's waiting for.
Thing is, hardly anyone is courting the the guys left on that list because they have questions regarding their return to full health (Breaston, D. Stallworth) or they've been inconsistent (B. Edwards, Heywood-Bey)...

I think Rick Smith and all the other GMs are waiting to see how the draft shakes out and to see who, if anyone, emerges in OTAs
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #83
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179496 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

How about a dark horse FA WR .

David Nelson, WR, Bills

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players...9/david-nelson
Old 03-22-2013   #84
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

David Nelson, WR, Bills

The problem with signing him now is that you don't know when he's going to be healthy and you're taking a big risk on a spot you could be using for someone who'll contribute. Sometimes ACLs can take over a year to recover from.

OTOH, if I knew he'd be ready near the beginning of the season... he could be a good risk to take.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #85
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

David Nelson, WR, Bills

The guy that got down on his knees for the Cowboys cheerleader that one time? Nope I'll pass. Buffalo didn't even think he was worthy of being a #2. Buffalo!!!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #86
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The problem with signing him now is that you don't know when he's going to be healthy and you're taking a big risk on a spot you could be using for someone who'll contribute. Sometimes ACLs can take over a year to recover from.

OTOH, if I knew he'd be ready near the beginning of the season... he could be a good risk to take.
I wouldn't mind them taking a look at Laurent Robinson, providing he can pass a physical (concussions).
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #87
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179496 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
The guy that got down on his knees for the Cowboys cheerleader that one time? Nope I'll pass. Buffalo didn't even think he was worthy of being a #2. Buffalo!!!
He didn't play last year .
Old 03-22-2013   #88
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pretty sure it was 2 years ago. Did it in a blowout too if I remember right.
Old 03-22-2013   #89
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like for The Ninja to have a man-to-man talk with Karlos Dansby, his old running mate with the Cardinals when they went to the Super Bowl, and have him come here to play ILB.

We'd have to restructure some guys to be able to afford that but there you go.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #90
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Pretty sure it was 2 years ago. Did it in a blowout too if I remember right.
He had 61 receptions in 2011 starting 13 games in his 2nd year . In 2012 tore his ACL in the first game .
Old 03-22-2013   #91
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Oh sorry you're talking about him being a #2. They've been looking for receivers even with him there. There's been talk for years that Johnson needs a better weapon on the other side. He's not terrible, but think we can do better.
Old 03-22-2013   #92
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Oh sorry you're talking about him being a #2. They've been looking for receivers even with him there. There's been talk for years that Johnson needs a better weapon on the other side. He's not terrible, but think we can do better.
He's better than anybody but AJ on the Texans .
Old 03-22-2013   #93
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He had 61 receptions in 2011 starting 13 games in his 2nd year . In 2012 tore his ACL in the first game .
I was half way joking because of what he did in the Cowboys game. If you don't remember look it up. It was very cheesy. He did have a decent year that year, but they threw the ball a ton also.
Old 03-22-2013   #94
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He's better than anybody but AJ on the Texans .
So was Kevin Walter.
Old 03-22-2013   #95
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
I was half way joking because of what he did in the Cowboys game. If you don't remember look it up. It was very cheesy. He did have a decent year that year, but they threw the ball a ton also.
I've seen it .
Old 03-22-2013   #96
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
So was Kevin Walter.
Nelson is bigger , faster , and younger than Walter . I think you could get him on the cheap and have options on who to take with the 27th pick .
Old 03-22-2013   #97
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I've seen it .
Honestly I was wondering what happened to him last year. Sucks that he got hurt, and if the FO felt he was the best guy out there then I wouldn't be against it, but I think there are better options.
Old 03-22-2013   #98
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Nelson is bigger , faster , and younger than Walter . I think you could get him on the cheap and have options on who to take with the 27th pick .
I think you were missing my point, but you're high on him. I'm personally not. No biggie my man.
Old 03-23-2013   #99
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
I think you were missing my point, but you're high on him. I'm personally not. No biggie my man.
I want the Texans to take Justin Hunter in the 1st . In the 2nd a NG or RT in the 3rd the one you didn't pick and an ILB unless a safety is there .

A guy like Nelson is just for depth .
Old 03-23-2013   #100
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I want the Texans to take Justin Hunter in the 1st . In the 2nd a NG or RT in the 3rd the one you didn't pick and an ILB unless a safety is there .

A guy like Nelson is just for depth .
I like Hunter where we pick as well. His injury history and build scares the beejeezus out of me though, but his upside is HUGE! We feel about the same on the draft except I would replace RT with a safety. If, and its a big if, Newton is healthy then I think his improvement will be substantial. You could even see his growth as the season went along. Harris is also a guy we can bring back for depth so I'd rather get a young safety since this is such a good draft for them. Then take a RT in the 4th if we really need one.

I've made no secret that I want Ramses Barden. I can't use stats to back why because he doesn't have the numbers, but is upside is something that'll pay off I believe.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read