Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-22-2013   #61
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ted Johnson calls Vince Wilfork's wife "ugliest he's ever seen"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
I guess it's a sign of the times with this younger generation being pampered and politically brainwashed. Back in the 50's and 60's comedians would commonly joke about their ugly wives.
See the word in bold? - it's kind of key to why this is a different situation. Nice made up knowledge of a time period from before you were born.
Old 03-22-2013   #62
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
In the 50/60's you would have gotten your ass beat for that, along with the fact when you got home your father/mother would have beat your ass even at 25.

It was called respect, which obviously people don't have they just sit behind a virtual environment and say what they want without much if any repercussion.
Really? I guess you've never heard of Henny Youngman. Do some research on some of the old school comedians and come back here with an informed response.

Sensitivity overload...
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #63
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If my wife or daughter were as ugly as his wife i would have to laugh, what good does it do to get upset about it. If Wilfork has a problem they can work it out like men. It's really just good humor that's commonly shared amongst brothers like football players, soldiers, fraternity, whatever.

The sensitivity levels around here are outrageous.

I vote this for dumbest post of the year. I've been around a lot of locker rooms, in bars, frat parties, and seen a lot of fights. You know what most of the fights involved or were over? Women....... I don't care how close you are with someone another guy isn't going to let you disrespect a woman they love! What the hell planet are you from dude? Seriously the dumbest thing I've heard or seen in a long time.

Last edited by Texn4life; 03-23-2013 at 02:58 AM.
Texn4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #64
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
See the word in bold? - it's kind of key to why this is a different situation. Nice made up knowledge of a time period from before you were born.
Geez... it's like I accidentally posted on The View's message board. Now I remembered why i stayed away from here the last 5 years.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #65
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19115 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Geez... it's like I accidentally posted on The View's message board. Now I remembered why i stayed away from here the last 5 years.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, personally I'm fine with the fact you haven't been here for 5+ years. From your posts it seems like we've been spared for a while now..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013   #66
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 24388 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems that Vince Wilfork has a better marriage than Deion Sanders.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013   #67
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I vote this for dumbest post of the year.
Let's not put wonger on a pedestal. There are plenty of dumb posts here.
Old 03-23-2013   #68
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Steph's blog about talk radio was spot on. I think a email campaign to the Texans is in order, I really don't like them supporting this level of misogyny.

Quote:
“It’s all in fun, and it’s generally a ‘ha, ha’ deal,” Lopez said. “I’m not going to speak for Ted, but the lesson for me is that sometimes people take this thing literally. I can see how (Wilfork) would feel from afar.

“Most people understand when you’re being serious on the radio and when you’re having fun, and sometimes that line gets blurred a little bit.”

He said he and Wright plan to continue the segment.

It should be noted that the audio of the conversation between Wright, Lopez and Johnson was recorded and posted by Craig Shelton’s Houston Media Watch website.

UPDATE: The website also posted audio from KILT’s afternoon talk show, including Rich Lord’s comment, referring to Bianca Wilfork, “The truth of the matter is … this is not somebody you want to wake up next to. Did I go over the line?” He added, “She’s got a ways to before she’s even Rikki Lake. I’m trying to back up our boy here. He spoke the truth.

Sigh. Did Gavin Spittle, KILT’s former program director, take the mute button with him when he moved to Dallas?
link
Old 03-23-2013   #69
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Went to check my email a few minutes ago and it was on the front page of Yahoo....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...2880--nfl.html

Also appears that Ted Johnson deleted his Twitter account.....

https://twitter.com/TedJ52
Old 03-23-2013   #70
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013   #71
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Steph's blog about talk radio was spot on. I think a email campaign to the Texans is in order, I really don't like them supporting this level of misogyny.

link
I heard Rich Lord's response to what Johnson said later on a website after a friend told me about it and he may have been worse. It just rubbed me the wrong way so I e-mailed the program director at the station to voice my opinion. I normally don't do that kind of thing, but the sophomoric behavior is ruining their station to me. I'm all for being loose and having fun, but according to a few people I talk to they pretty regularly step over some boundaries there that they shouldn't.
Texn4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013   #72
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, personally I'm fine with the fact you haven't been here for 5+ years. From your posts it seems like we've been spared for a while now..
Wow. Who's intolerant now? I think will take you up on that offer since the quality of conversation has deteriorated on this board the last few years.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013   #73
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
She looks ok. I see women a lot more ugly than her every day.

She's certainly a big girl, but Vince is a really big guy himself and they both probably like to chow down. But she's actually kinda cute, and they've got really good looking kids.
This Ted Johnson guy will probably regret what he said, unless his stations ratings reacted positively to the little controversy in which case he might get a raise.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013   #74
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
She looks ok. I see women a lot more ugly than her every day.

Wait a minute. THAT is considered ugly?

Sure, she appears overweight, but, I wouldn't consider that ugly by ANY means. I've seen some dogs out there.

Wow.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013   #75
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Rich Lord is just a dumbass...don't know how people enjoy listening to him in general in any case.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013   #76
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow Ted Johnson really put his foot in his mouth. He's a big boy and he should've known better. That whole station is getting innesed.
Old 03-25-2013   #77
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278082 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I haven't listened to 610 since Josh Innis got there. That dude should be nominated for Biggest Douche in the Universe.
I agree completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Well said. Just another example of bad talk radio.

Same here on satellite radio. I listen to some 790 on the commutes. Rome is no longer on in Houston, but has you suggested, he has "jumped the shark".
I heard awhile back that Rome is supposed to be back on Houston airwaves.

Here's more info: Rome excited about new Showtime program, return to Houston radio in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I like guy talk because there are plenty of times where there are not truly relevant sports issues and even when there the issue is getting beat to death. what I don't like is that much of "guy talk" has to be immature frat house or lockerroom type talk. More to life than chicks, getting drunk, and pulling silly pranks.
I have not heard much beyond the frat house talk, so my own perspective is that most of this "guy talk" is just goofy dude drama and fart jokes...or just plain dumb questions like the one that started this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedTexans View Post
I actually like the segment . It's nice to hear some different "entertainment" every once and a while . Talking about the same topic all day everyday , especially with the offseason and little going on in sports. Only so many times you can re tread topics . Just IMHO ...
I'll be honest, I do not listen to much sports talk outside of football season. I care about one subject - NFL football - so I'm not the best expert about sports talk radio. I think there are way too many stations these days and most of them have very little relevant conversations. I understand why they are resorting to "guy talk", but then again, I'm not the demographic they are trying to capture.
Old 03-25-2013   #78
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I reckon there are many out there that question how my wife stays with a big goofy lookin dude like myself

I follow them on Twitter and think they're good people. As a matter of fact, I've wondered a time or two how Vince can go from the guy on Twitter to the guy that tore our oline to shreds. I know all players do it, but this guy seems like a complete 360
Old 03-25-2013   #79
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Rich Lord is just a dumbass...don't know how people enjoy listening to him in general in any case.
Frankly the entire 610 lineup is just really bad. Obviously everyone hates Josh Ennis, and he and Seth Payne would rather make unfunny toilet jokes and giggle all show, but I think Rich Lord and John Lopez are awful. Have you ever noticed that Lopez litterally laughs after every comment he makes? I wont even get into "the odd couple" or Mike Meltser. The only thing 610 has is the Texans.

I find myself listening to 790 most of the time to catch Lance Z. And 1560 never comes in clear for me.

/rant
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013   #80
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

And yes, Ted crossed the line. Calling a woman ugly on the air? And someone he knows? What the hell is wrong with you? Imagine if that was someone you cared about. You would be furious. But that is what you get when you hang around 610 and how they do things. Top 3? Celebrity birthdays? More personal talk and bull**** than actual sports discussion.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read