Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2013   #81
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shane Lechler to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 43s

Houston gave former Raiders free-agent punter Shane Lechler a three-year contract. Lechler returns home to Houston.
Worth $5.5 million according to Schefter also with a $1 million signing bonus.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #82
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He got a 4-yr deal with the Raiders the last time ($4M per for a total of $16M, but $3M was in bonus - not signing bonus.)

I think we can expect something around $9M for 3 years, including performance bonus or roster bonus.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #83
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

This signing should improve our ST. Good job Rick. We are filling pieces one by one and I like it.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #84
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Worth $5.5 million according to Schefter also with a $1 million signing bonus.
Wow, this new CBA is pulling all the second-tier money down.

That's a very good number right there.
Old 03-22-2013   #85
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Another need filled with what appears to be a solid signing. NT next?
Old 03-22-2013   #86
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Wow, this new CBA is pulling all the second-tier money down.

That's a very good number right there.
Absolutely....... It gives me hope that we may actually be able to make a couple of more things happen before the draft now. I definitely think FO is in win now mode. Reed was the top priority, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear about another target in the next few days.
Old 03-22-2013   #87
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Absolutely....... It gives me hope that we may actually be able to make a couple of more things happen before the draft now. I definitely think FO is in win now mode. Reed was the top priority, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear about another target in the next few days.
I doubt we'll sign anybody for more than the vet minimum from now on, unless there's a talent out there that is hard to resist (value-wise.)

But I agree; they just might go "win-now" mode on us.
Old 03-22-2013   #88
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Actually, as of right now, that's still top ten money for a punter; which is only right for a guy like SL.
Old 03-22-2013   #89
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoop!!!

We should have an all Aggie kicking crew next year.

Been hoping this one would come thru.
Old 03-22-2013   #90
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe someone could update thread title to signed?
Old 03-22-2013   #91
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea no way he would get close to 10 MILL, i could have sworn I read something that said he wanted to play close to home and was willing to play at a 'discount'.
Old 03-22-2013   #92
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I doubt we'll sign anybody for more than the vet minimum from now on, unless there's a talent out there that is hard to resist (value-wise.)

But I agree; they just might go "win-now" mode on us.
That's more along the lines of what I mean. Honestly there isn't much out there left to offer worth much more than that.
Old 03-22-2013   #93
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That's more along the lines of what I mean. Honestly there isn't much out there left to offer worth much more than that.
Sebastian Vollmer (RT) with a chronic bad back might have a lower value now.
But he's a beast when healthy.
Played right here at UH, too.
Old 03-22-2013   #94
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Now we need to trade for Janikowski and our kicking game is set lol
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #95
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 201352 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can't Lechler also throw the ball? Maybe we'll actually pull off a fake this year.
He's thrown a TD pass both in college and a couple of years ago. In college he acted as the 3rd backup QB.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #96
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Whoop!!!

We should have an all Aggie kicking crew next year.

Been hoping this one would come thru.
Yep, Randy Bullock as our Kicker. Hope, he comes back strong from injury.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #97
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I like this! Field position is key.
Old 03-22-2013   #98
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I like this! Field position is key.
If our defense comes back around Lechler's leg will be a great weapon.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #99
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shane Lechler - Signed Texans

Good Friday for our Texans. Now have the best Safety and punter on the team's history. Now let's go get Urlacher to play 10-15 snaps a game and bring more leadership to the locker room.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #100
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Sebastian Vollmer (RT) with a chronic bad back might have a lower value now.
But he's a beast when healthy.
Played right here at UH, too.
think I'd rather re-sign Ryan Harris who should be healthier than Vollmer.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read