Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2013   #61
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 76785 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shane Lechler to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I know Lechler is probably one of the greatest punters of all time. I just hope he doesn't have a drop-off due to his age. Although, some punters, who keep themselves in good shape, have been able to punt into their 40's (Matt Turk) and still do OK. How old is Lechler?
If I can get excited about a 35 YO safety, it would be easy to get excited about a 37 YO punter.

Hopefully things works out between the Texans and Shane.
Old 03-22-2013   #62
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Ha ha, now, now, be nice. After all, we are Texans' worthy fans!
I know I am but not sure about you.
Old 03-22-2013   #63
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I know I am but not sure about you.
I have to admit. I do have a very young and beautiful girlfriend(Huge difference in age) so, I may not be Texans' worthy fan. Heck, but I do have a very happy personal life at least!
Yeah, I do have off the field issue like chasing young ladies. I guess, I won't be drafted as water boy for the Texans. Maybe, UDFA.

Last edited by SAMURAITEXAN; 03-22-2013 at 11:17 AM.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #64
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
I have to admit. I do have a very young and beautiful girlfriend(Huge difference in age) so, I may not be Texans' worthy fan. Heck, but I do have a very happy personal life at least!
Yeah, I do have off the field issue like chasing young ladies. I guess, I won't be drafted as water boy for the Texans. Maybe, UDFA.
I laughed way to loud in Kroger. When I saw this.
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #65
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

like lechler even if he does outkick coverage more than id like but would rather keep donnie longball as he wont affect compensatory picks next year
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #66
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116441 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
like lechler even if he does outkick coverage more than id like but would rather keep donnie longball as he wont affect compensatory picks next year
You can't KEEP what you don't HAVE. He's a FA.

We have NO punter on our roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #67
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
I will take improving the team over worrying about the effect on comp picks any day. Lechler is still the better punter amongst the 2 & field position is half the battle. Especially when you got Kubiak calling the plays & Schaub running them, give them a 10pt lead & the offense goes into coast mode. the defense needs every advantage possible w/ the multiple 3 & outs by the offense sitting on a lead & pinning the opposition deep will help the defense tremendously. Normally I don't care about a punter being signed, but Lechler can create some advantages for the Texans & I would be happy if he was on board.

Last edited by tru80texan; 03-22-2013 at 09:44 PM.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #68
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hall of fame WR..... Andre Johnson; check
Hall of fame DB.... Ed Reed; check
Potential Hall of fame DE... Jj Watt; check
Hall of fame PK.. Shane Lechler; TBD

Championship!
We need T. J. Houshmandzadeh!
Old 03-22-2013   #69
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
2nd Hall of Fame WR Randy Moss lol
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #70
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
No, his last name is too long and I will have a hard time pronounce his name and If I try to call him by TJ, this will confuse more with TJ Yates.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #71
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 40s
Texans reach a contract agreement with punter Shane Lechler.
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #72
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

@McClain_on_NFL: Texans have agreed to terms with P Shane Lechler.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #73
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 158648 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkp82TgP46U
Old 03-22-2013   #74
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
@McClain_on_NFL: Texans have agreed to terms with P Shane Lechler.
Rick Smith is slowly becoming one of my favorite people..... need to see the terms, but...
Old 03-22-2013   #75
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71740 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Texan fans will love having Lechler as their punter. The Raiders have a guy M. King they had on IR last year who will now become their punter.

Lech is probably the second best punter all-time.
Old 03-22-2013   #76
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rick Smith is slowly becoming one of my favorite people..... need to see the terms, but...
Where is all this cap room coming from? I am wondering if R.Smith has already restruture a couple contracts and not annouced it.
Old 03-22-2013   #77
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice! Now I don't have to go to the bathroom and pray every time we punt the ball.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #78
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Should be 1 to 2 mil. He gave us the good ol hometown discount.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #79
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't Lechler also throw the ball? Maybe we'll actually pull off a fake this year.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #80
srrono
Hall of Fame

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 43s

Houston gave former Raiders free-agent punter Shane Lechler a three-year contract. Lechler returns home to Houston.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read