Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-22-2013   #41
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ted Johnson calls Vince Wilfork's wife "ugliest he's ever seen"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
i wonder what teds momma and wife told him after hearing this?
Ted's wife divorced him about 6 or 7 years ago. Six month before the divorce there was a domestic violence call, but with no charges filed.

Edit: If he has remarried wikipedia does not know yet
Old 03-22-2013   #42
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ted Johnson is just dumb. You have to know going into any radio interview that these guy's are going to bait you into saying something stupid, and he fell for it.

What difference does it make what she looks like. As long as Vince is happy with her, her looks just don't matter. I hate the hair style but she looks like a very nice woman, as much as you can judge a picture.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #43
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
She looks ok. I see women a lot more ugly than her every day.

That's a beautiful family. They look so sweet.
Old 03-22-2013   #44
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
This is the problem with "sports talk radio" devolving into some goofy type of "guy talk".

Who gives a flying flip about who's wife is ugly???! Why is this even a segment on a SPORTS talk show?

I know it's all under the umbrella of entertainment, but turning local sports radio into some sort of bastard stepchild of Howard Stern and Jim Rome is taking a turn for the worst.

I could not care less about what hair gel someone uses, what movies they like, what trip they took with their wives last weekend, blah blah blah.

I immediately change the channel when they start babbling that "guy talk" crap.
610 has gotten really bad with this in my opinion. They probably should stop calling it sports radio. I find myself listening to a lot of satellite sports radio now more than anything. Sad because I used to really enjoy their programming including Jim Rome at times, but his act has gotten old.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #45
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't listened to 610 since Josh Innis got there. That dude should be nominated for Biggest Douche in the Universe.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #46
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Why would that jerk ask the question and why would Johnson answer it?
Well said. Just another example of bad talk radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
610 has gotten really bad with this in my opinion. They probably should stop calling it sports radio. I find myself listening to a lot of satellite sports radio now more than anything. Sad because I used to really enjoy their programming including Jim Rome at times, but his act has gotten old.
Same here on satellite radio. I listen to some 790 on the commutes. Rome is no longer on in Houston, but has you suggested, he has "jumped the shark".
Old 03-22-2013   #47
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Lighten up Francises...
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #48
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is the problem with "sports talk radio" devolving into some goofy type of "guy talk".

Who gives a flying flip about who's wife is ugly???! Why is this even a segment on a SPORTS talk show?

I know it's all under the umbrella of entertainment, but turning local sports radio into some sort of bastard stepchild of Howard Stern and Jim Rome is taking a turn for the worst.

I could not care less about what hair gel someone uses, what movies they like, what trip they took with their wives last weekend, blah blah blah.

I like guy talk because there are plenty of times where there are not truly relevant sports issues and even when there the issue is getting beat to death. what I don't like is that much of "guy talk" has to be immature frat house or lockerroom type talk. More to life than chicks, getting drunk, and pulling silly pranks.
Old 03-22-2013   #49
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Same here on satellite radio. I listen to some 790 on the commutes. Rome is no longer on in Houston, but has you suggested, he has "jumped the shark".
Yeah, I forgot for a second he lost that affiliation a while ago. I honestly couldn't even tell you who filled that time slot. I turn it on sometimes during my drive home, and it doesn't stay on there very long. I just remember Innes or however it's spelled bragging about how good he was at what he does one day, and I've been turned off to them ever since. They may catch a few minutes of my time here and there, but that's about it.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #50
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I'm sorry, were there words on that page?

That's why I check Extra Mustard each day . AM and PM by the way .
Old 03-22-2013   #51
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Lighten up Francises...
Whatever you say, internet tough guy.
Old 03-22-2013   #52
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I should probably keep my keyboard silent, but I would like to go on a little mini rant here:

Why do guys think it is ok to trash a women based on her looks? I read the posts from males I have met in person who are not in the least bit attractive who feel the need to insult to looks of a woman in a picture. I usually laugh and shake my head, these guys say the wouldn't hit it, when the reality is they wouldn't stand a chance in hell of "hitting it."

If women were as shallow as men who do this crap, and only graded men on looks, not many males would make it to the alter.

Why would that jerk ask the question and why would Johnson answer it?

Over here in Japan, there's saying. You can get used to looks of not attractive woman. You can get tired of pretty ones. What it means is that it is more important inside than pretty appearance.

Having said that, I do have young and beautiful girlfriend. I just like total beauty inside and outside.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #53
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

This is simply a tactless thing to be discussing and that's all I have to say about it.
Old 03-22-2013   #54
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is not a situation that calls for political correctness. It is a situation that calls for human decency.

That woman (as you refer to her) is from all accounts a wonderful person and wife.

Let me ask this question to all in this thread who are publicly willing to call her ugly (or nasty). Is there a female in your life who you care about that is ugly? Maybe a mother, a grandmother, a sister, a wife of a friend, a co worker? Would you call them ugly (or nasty) to their face? Then why do you think it is acceptable anywhere?

She isn't a Roseanne or a Rosie O'Donnell who put herself in the public eye and is therefore more subject to public opinion.

I personally have a ton of respect for the way Vince stood up for his wife and for the fact that he is in such a loving relationship with her.
Your expecting decency from certain people that think it is ok to talk like this and think low class is funny until someone starts saying how ugly and lose their moms are.

I read some here saying this stuff is all over so no reason to get upset. Hell that is the exact reason to be upset. Our society thinks it is OK demean defame and to treat folks like garbage. Just because you are not right in front of them. When these boys do not have more than 2 inches and need to belittle others to make themselves feel good and there is only one way they would say it other than on the internet or on a call in talk show.
Old 03-22-2013   #55
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 1808 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile Re: Ted Johnson calls Vince Wilfork's wife "ugliest he's ever seen"

Quote:

I actually like the segment . It's nice to hear some different "entertainment" every once and a while . Talking about the same topic all day everyday , especially with the offseason and little going on in sports. Only so many times you can re tread topics . Just IMHO ...
Old 03-22-2013   #56
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lighten up Francises...
Well its go time for Francis. Considering his wife was called ugly and it went viral. I guess you can stand back and watch your wife, daughter, sister be called ugly and laugh about it. Way to go good buddy.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #57
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Whatever you say, internet tough guy.
Huh? Who's trying to be tough? Man, some of you "guys" act like sensative little girls. I guess it's a sign of the times with this younger generation being pampered and politically brainwashed. Back in the 50's and 60's comedians would commonly joke about their ugly wives. Nowadays it spawns a lawsuit, tears and new legislation. Unbelievable how far we've fallen...
Old 03-22-2013   #58
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Well its go time for Francis. Considering his wife was called ugly and it went viral. I guess you can stand back and watch your wife, daughter, sister be called ugly and laugh about it. Way to go good buddy.
If my wife or daughter were as ugly as his wife i would have to laugh, what good does it do to get upset about it. If Wilfork has a problem they can work it out like men. It's really just good humor that's commonly shared amongst brothers like football players, soldiers, fraternity, whatever.

The sensitivity levels around here are outrageous.
Old 03-22-2013   #59
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Huh? Who's trying to be tough? Man, some of you "guys" act like sensative little girls. I guess it's a sign of the times with this younger generation being pampered and politically brainwashed. Back in the 50's and 60's comedians would commonly joke about their ugly wives. Nowadays it spawns a lawsuit, tears and new legislation. Unbelievable how far we've fallen...
In the 50/60's you would have gotten your ass beat for that, along with the fact when you got home your father/mother would have beat your ass even at 25.

It was called respect, which obviously people don't have they just sit behind a virtual environment and say what they want without much if any repercussion.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #60
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
If my wife or daughter were as ugly as his wife i would have to laugh, what good does it do to get upset about it. If Wilfork has a problem they can work it out like men. It's really just good humor that's commonly shared amongst brothers like football players, soldiers, fraternity, whatever.

The sensitivity levels around here are outrageous.
I bet your wife/daughter wouldn't find it funny, especially if they were sensitive about their looks already?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read