Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-22-2013   #21
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ted Johnson calls Vince Wilfork's wife "ugliest he's ever seen"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Tedy wasn't lying... that woman is nasty, especially for an NFL wife. All the political correctness in the world can't change that fact...
So you think its within bounds for teammates to speak publicly about the looks of their other teammates wives and kids?
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #22
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Ugly? Really? She looks just fine to me. If anything... she looks like she has some spunk in her.

Wilfork said some really impressive things about his wife in response to this. I have to commend him and his obvious affection for her. Mad respect to men being stand up men.
Old 03-22-2013   #23
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I should probably keep my keyboard silent, but I would like to go on a little mini rant here:

Why do guys think it is ok to trash a women based on her looks? I read the posts from males I have met in person who are not in the least bit attractive who feel the need to insult to looks of a woman in a picture. I usually laugh and shake my head, these guys say the wouldn't hit it, when the reality is they wouldn't stand a chance in hell of "hitting it."

If women were as shallow as men who do this crap, and only graded men on looks, not many males would make it to the alter.

Why would that jerk ask the question and why would Johnson answer it?
The point of the game is to ask a question which results in one of the hosts saying "none of your business." That response wins a prize. If the host answers the question, they must do so honestly, and you don't win a prize. The person asking the question wanted to win a prize and probably figured a guy who was the ultimate teammate like TJ would never answer a question that would take a shot at a teammate or a teammate's family. Little did he know TJ would answer the question.

To be honest, I was stunned TJ answered it. As soon as it was asked I thought it was a gimmie winner.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #24
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ted made SI .

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/03/2...1_a3&eref=sihp
Old 03-22-2013   #25
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Tedy wasn't lying... that woman is nasty, especially for an NFL wife. All the political correctness in the world can't change that fact...
This is not a situation that calls for political correctness. It is a situation that calls for human decency.

That woman (as you refer to her) is from all accounts a wonderful person and wife.

Let me ask this question to all in this thread who are publicly willing to call her ugly (or nasty). Is there a female in your life who you care about that is ugly? Maybe a mother, a grandmother, a sister, a wife of a friend, a co worker? Would you call them ugly (or nasty) to their face? Then why do you think it is acceptable anywhere?

She isn't a Roseanne or a Rosie O'Donnell who put herself in the public eye and is therefore more subject to public opinion.

I personally have a ton of respect for the way Vince stood up for his wife and for the fact that he is in such a loving relationship with her.
Old 03-22-2013   #26
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is not a situation that calls for political correctness. It is a situation that calls for human decency.

That woman (as you refer to her) is from all accounts a wonderful person and wife.

Let me ask this question to all in this thread who are publicly willing to call her ugly (or nasty). Is there a female in your life who you care about that is ugly? Maybe a mother, a grandmother, a sister, a wife of a friend, a co worker? Would you call them ugly (or nasty) to their face? Then why do you think it is acceptable anywhere?

She isn't a Roseanne or a Rosie O'Donnell who put herself in the public eye and is therefore more subject to public opinion.

I personally have a ton of respect for the way Vince stood up for his wife and for the fact that he is in such a loving relationship with her.
If I could rep you all day I would. Not to mention that they wouldn't have the balls to say this to Wilfork's face. Its nice to be able to hide behind a keyboard.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #27
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Not going to lie, she is ugly. That's right, I said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
To hell with it...

Physically, that is an ugly woman.
Vince just tweeted that he heard ya'll.... let me just say

I personally think she is a very attractive woman....
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #28
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

or we he say that to her with Vince at her side .
Old 03-22-2013   #29
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I should probably keep my keyboard silent, but I would like to go on a little mini rant here:

Why do guys think it is ok to trash a women based on her looks? I read the posts from males I have met in person who are not in the least bit attractive who feel the need to insult to looks of a woman in a picture. I usually laugh and shake my head, these guys say the wouldn't hit it, when the reality is they wouldn't stand a chance in hell of "hitting it."

If women were as shallow as men who do this crap, and only graded men on looks, not many males would make it to the alter.

Why would that jerk ask the question and why would Johnson answer it?

Good Rant..

but you might want to avoid any form of media if you get offended by stuff like this.... it is everywhere
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #30
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76298 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hate to tell you this, but they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I believe a married man should try really hard to keep even his eyes off of other women, but that is easy for me to say when I am sadly not married.
That's what they make burkas for.
Old 03-22-2013   #31
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
I hate to tell you this, but they are.
Naw, we grade men on the size of their wallets. Which explains how many NFL players end up with gorgeous women.

Old 03-22-2013   #32
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Wilfork is coming after Johnson...as soon as he finishes his turkey leg

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #33
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

These are symptoms of a very shallow culture where the superficial things are valued at a much greater importance than they should be valued.

“I have an important message to deliver to all the cute people all over the world. If you're out there and you're cute, maybe you're beautiful. I just want to tell you somethin' — there's more of us UGLY MOTHER****ERS than you are, so watch out.”
~ Frank Zappa

Old 03-22-2013   #34
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57261 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Physical attraction might start a relationship, but it cannot sustain it. Looks change or fade. Even the most attractive people's looks change over time.

When I met my first wife it was at work. Didn't think she was all that and a bag of chips at all. We got to know each other and became friends. Then we started hanging out - just as friends.

The more I got to know her, the more I loved her personality, the way she treated me, her goals and ideals and I slowly started looking at her with new eyes. I eventually married my best friend.

Sure, she was probably middle of the road physically speaking but I was looking for someone to live with my whole life.

And maybe that's the way it is with Vince. I'm as guilty as the next guy. I mean I don't want to see this woman in Playboy. I get that. I'm not attracted to her much either. Ugly is too harsh though. I think she deserves what we all do - to be respected as a human being and for being the way God made her. That's it. And if Vince loves her, I see no reason why anyone - even us on a message board should make fun of her solely based on her appearance when we don't know the first thing about her other than a photograph.
Old 03-22-2013   #35
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i wonder what teds momma and wife told him after hearing this?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #36
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83062 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Physical attraction might start a relationship, but it cannot sustain it. Looks change or fade. Even the most attractive people's looks change over time.

When I met my first wife it was at work. Didn't think she was all that and a bag of chips at all. We got to know each other and became friends. Then we started hanging out - just as friends.

The more I got to know her, the more I loved her personality, the way she treated me, her goals and ideals and I slowly started looking at her with new eyes. I eventually married my best friend.

Sure, she was probably middle of the road physically speaking but I was looking for someone to live with my whole life.

And maybe that's the way it is with Vince. I'm as guilty as the next guy. I mean I don't want to see this woman in Playboy. I get that. I'm not attracted to her much either. Ugly is too harsh though. I think she deserves what we all do - to be respected as a human being and for being the way God made her. That's it. And if Vince loves her, I see no reason why anyone - even us on a message board should make fun of her solely based on her appearance when we don't know the first thing about her other than a photograph.
Preach, son!
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #37
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83062 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Naw, we grade men on the size of their wallets. Which explains how many NFL players end up with gorgeous women.
Haha...ha.....ah.....ha......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVnSYTei3NY - NSFW

Friggin' truth.
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #38
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

She looks ok. I see women a lot more ugly than her every day.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #39
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I'm sorry, were there words on that page?

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #40
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the problem with "sports talk radio" devolving into some goofy type of "guy talk".

Who gives a flying flip about who's wife is ugly???! Why is this even a segment on a SPORTS talk show?

I know it's all under the umbrella of entertainment, but turning local sports radio into some sort of bastard stepchild of Howard Stern and Jim Rome is taking a turn for the worst.

I could not care less about what hair gel someone uses, what movies they like, what trip they took with their wives last weekend, blah blah blah.

I immediately change the channel when they start babbling that "guy talk" crap.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read