Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2013   #61
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's the next move for the Texans?

Adam Wexler ‏@awexler
Quote:
If reported yr1 figure for Ed Reed($6mil) is his cap figure, then Texans basically have vet min. contracts to hand out, barring restructures
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #62
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Might as well be $50 million, because the Texans aren't making a play for Cruz. I doubt they have the cap room for Lloyd. I don't think there's anything left but room for minimum contracts and the draft picks. If the Texans are going to do anything else in free agency, they need to work out something with Antonio Smith's contract.
Unfortunately I believe what we are seeing from the Texans is a team, and especially a coaching staff that believes so much in "the system" they feel that the players needed to win it all are on the team now. Hope as a fan that is true, but its hard to see.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #63
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

What do you guys think about ex NYG WR Steve Smith? He is 27 had a couple good yrs for NYGs I don't know why his production dropped.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #64
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Jarvis View Post
ILB Takeo Spikes anyone?

WR Quan Cosby has great hands and does well at finding soft spots on the defense (imo). Just sayin'....
I don't know if anyone welcomed you to the board or not, so welcome! And, I wanted to say I like your "Josey Wales" avatar. That's John Vernon, aka. "Dean Wormer" from "Animal House." Your avatar looks like the scene where Vernon tells the senator, "We have a saying in Missouri, Senator. Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." That's one of the great classic lines in the that movie!

Again, Welcome to the boards!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #65
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
What do you guys think about ex NYG WR Steve Smith? He is 27 had a couple good yrs for NYGs I don't know why his production dropped.
He got injured in 2010 and just really wasn't the same on the Eagles. I don't know how his time on the Rams went but judging by the stats, I'll go ahead and say not very good.
Old 03-22-2013   #66
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like one of these vets. The longer they sit the cheaper they will cost.
Antoine Winfield CB
or
Shaun Phillips OLB
or
Michael Boley LB
or
Karlos Dansby LB
or
Sione Pouha NT
or
Chris Cooley TE
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #67
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
I would like one of these vets. The longer they sit the cheaper they will cost.
Antoine Winfield CB
or
Shaun Phillips OLB
or
Michael Boley LB
or
Karlos Dansby LB
or
Sione Pouha NT
or
Chris Cooley TE
I don't see Winfield as an option as the Texans seem to be set at CB w/ McCain signing. Maybe if they decide to move one of the CB's to safety, but as it stands now they seem set.

I wouldn't mind seeing Phillips, Boley, Dansby, or Poucha, but I don't think the vet minimum will get them here. As you said, the longer the wait the lower the price, so it could happen but I have my doubts.

No on Cooley. He has had injury issues & doesn't fit what the Texans need, which is a blocking TE. We got the receiving TE's in Graham & OD & I don't believe we need another who is injury prone on top of that.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #68
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I think its possible we move around some money to sign a few more guys.

I like some of the names mentioned. Someone mentioned Spikes and I think he'd be a solid signing to play alongside Cushing. But if Cushing gets hurt then we have the same problem as last year. I have a feeling that we're done until after the draft though unless someone just seems like too good of a value to pass up on now. Lechler may be the lone exception.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #69
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd really like to see us go get Casey Hampton. That is a move that could really have a big impact for us for a very reasonable price. Picking him up could also push the need to draft a NT to next year. It makes a lot of sense.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #70
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Free Agent WRs per RotoWorld
not much high quality left to choose from

Dwayne Bowe (Signed five-year, $56M deal with KC)
Mike Wallace (Signed five-year, $60M deal with MIA)
Greg Jennings (Signed five-year, $47.5M deal with MIN)
Wes Welker (Signed two-year, $12M deal with DEN)
Danny Amendola (Signed five-year, $27.7M deal with NE)
Brian Hartline (Signed five-year, $30.775M deal with MIA)
Brandon Lloyd
Julian Edelman
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Laurent Robinson
Donnie Avery (Signed three-year, $8.55M deal with KC)
Jerome Simpson (Signed one-year, $2.1M deal with MIN)
Kevin Ogletree (Signed two-year, $2.6M deal with TB)
Randy Moss
Braylon Edwards
Austin Collie
Donald Jones (Signed three-year, $4.155M deal with NE)
Josh Cribbs
Domenik Hixon
Ramses Barden
Jabar Gaffney
Brandon Stokley
Brandon Gibson (Signed three-year, $9.755M deal with MIA)
Steve Breaston
Titus Young
Mohamed Massaquoi
David Nelson
Kevin Walter
Mark Clayton
Donte' Stallworth
Brandon Tate
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #71
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Second part of the WR listing.

Ted Ginn (Signed one-year deal with CAR)
Devery Henderson
Louis Murphy (Signed one-year, $715K deal with NYG)
Michael Jenkins
Derek Hagan
Early Doucet
Terrell Owens
Plaxico Burress (Signed one-year, $940K deal with PIT)
Chaz Schilens
Sammie Stroughter
Steve Smith (STL)
Devin Aromashodu
Marlon Moore (Signed one-year deal with SF)
Jordan Shipley (Signed two-year, $1.315M deal with JAX)
Chad Johnson
Deion Branch
Adrian Arrington
Courtney Roby (Signed undisclosed deal with NO)
Jason Hill
Greg Camarillo
Kassim Osgood (Signed one-year deal with DET)
Roscoe Parrish
Big Mike Williams
Lee Evans
Micheal Spurlock
Brandon Banks
Mike Sims-Walker
Ruvell Martin
Legedu Naanee
Old 03-22-2013   #72
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Personally I'd take a swing at Braylon Edwards.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
There are two veteran NT's out there who are at the same stage of their career as Reed that would probably come cheap. It would be Stupid not to at least take a look at them.
I know you don't have a lot of respect for Kubiak & Smith, but hopefully Wade has earned some of your respect, where you don't think he is stupid.

Chances are we are not going to look at those NTs. Maybe because Wade, Kubiak, & Smith do not believe they fit one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
So you are ok with what we currently have at NT?
If we go into next season without an "upgrade" at NT, we'll have to believe that what we are looking for is not what they are looking for. Then we need to try to understand what it is they are after. Something tells me whatever it is, it looks like Cody & Mitchell.
Old 03-22-2013   #74
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Personally I'd take a swing at Braylon Edwards.
Heyard-Bey might be worth a look.
Old 03-22-2013   #75
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Free Agent WRs per RotoWorld
not much high quality left to choose from

Brandon Lloyd
Julian Edelman
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Braylon Edwards
[/url]Mohamed Massaquoi
I still like those names. Massaquoi...... sooner or later, he's going to get healthy.
Old 03-22-2013   #76
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Casey Hampton, Roscoe Parrish + the draft picks = champagne showers

Old 03-22-2013   #77
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Next move: Rick Smith fires himself!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #78
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon Lloyd or Casey Hampton would be ideal but I don't think we could afford them.
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #79
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
Brandon Lloyd or Casey Hampton would be ideal but I don't think we could afford them.
Casey and any receiver capable of making plays to me is cool. Lloyd won't cost that much, but I'm a little curious why the Patriots don't want him back, plus he's never been able to stick anywhere. Just raises a red flag to me.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #80
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Heyward-Bey. Great speed, size combo. Iffy hands and routes but good coaching could fix that.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read