Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2013   #24
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Insight into Front Office inactivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
Brought up some good points here.

The days where teams can carry $30+ mil in cap space and try to stay competitive solely with their young draft picks only to be able to spend like crazy in a certain offseason will be over.

The 89% cap floor will force teams to mull over every move they make and think more about their long-term future. Every dollar available for spending becomes that much more valuable.

My understanding of the way a lot of the salary stuff works isn't that strong, but I hope I'm at least on point.
I think you could also see teams try to sign contracts so that they can have expiring contracts at the same time. Try to do what the Heat did so you can go after a couple of elite players at one time.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read