Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013   #1801
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Why does it say 2 years on NFL.com?

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000152356/
That is what I have been hearing and reading all day, that it was a 2 year deal worth roughly 7-7.5 mil with a 3rd year option....

That was why I asked where the 16 mil for 3 years was coming from...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1802
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Because the they "agreed to terms" and didn't sign a contract yet. Once they get a deal signed and sent to the NFL office, someone will leak a copy and we'll find out how much it is and how much is guaranteed.

I'm crossing my fingers that it's a 3 year deal worth 3m, 3m, 10m...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
That is what I have been hearing and reading all day, that it was a 2 year deal worth roughly 7-7.5 mil with a 3rd year option....

Jason LaCanfora reported the 3 year 16m numbers. He's usually pretty good about getting that stuff right, but not perfect. I'm hoping the 2 year 7.5m report is correct, because that would be a great deal for us.
Old 03-21-2013   #1803
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Because the they "agreed to terms" and didn't sign a contract yet. Once they get a deal signed and sent to the NFL office, someone will leak a copy and we'll find out how much it is and how much is guaranteed.

Jason LaCanfora reported the 3 year 16m numbers. He's usually pretty good about getting that stuff right, but not perfect. I'm hoping the 2 year 7.5m report is correct, because that would be a great deal for us.
Hell now I am reading 2yrs $12 mil ...if this is true, ouch...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1804
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
$6M per is what I thought it would come down, too.
I would hate for it have a higher price tag, but I'm willing to go with 6.

If he signs for cheaper; great.
if he signs for 6, I don't mind.
Sometimes, you've got to pay to play.

Hopefully, there's an incentive bonus in there.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1805
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was expecting 2 years in the 10-12 million range. So if this is true, I've got no problem with it.

Someone said 2 years 7 mill total... if that's true then ... Rick Smith deserves an award of some sort.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1806
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I was expecting 2 years in the 10-12 million range. So if this is true, I've got no problem with it.

Someone said 2 years 7 mill total... if that's true then ... Rick Smith deserves an award of some sort.
I think the 7 million number is what might be guaranteed. At least that's what I gathered from yesterday.

I don't think the 3 year 16 mill deal that's being thrown around is that bad either. The odds of him seeing that 3rd year is prob slim to none. The only numbers that really matter to me are the cap numbers anyway.
Old 03-21-2013   #1807
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Can you imagine what this is going to do for players like JJo, and Manning. Now they get to just play. For players like KJax, and Demps and Harris, and not to mention any safety we draft, this is going to be a chance for them to see a real All Pro go to work.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1808
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think the 7 million number is what might be guaranteed. At least that's what I gathered from yesterday.

I don't think the 3 year 16 mill deal that's being thrown around is that bad either. The odds of him seeing that 3rd year is prob slim to none. The only numbers that really matter to me are the cap numbers anyway.
Crap. Sounds like nobody knows for sure and we ain't heard a peep out of the Texans or chirp (a "twit"?) out of Reed.

Craig Roberts (92.1 FM) just said (as of 1:15 pm, 3/21/13) that Reed has not actually signed anything yet.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1809
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Crap. Sounds like nobody knows for sure and we ain't heard a peep out of the Texans or chirp (a "twit"?) out of Reed.

Craig Roberts (92.1 FM) just said (as of 1:15 pm, 3/21/13) that Reed has not actually signed anything yet.
Bob's jet broke down ?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1810
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm guessing the full value if the deal is laden with incentives.

Play > 12 games = $$$$
Win the superbowl = $$$$
Make the probowl = $$$$$
Lead the league in INTS = $$$$
Old 03-21-2013   #1811
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

The Texans don't say anything until the ink hits the paper.

I think everyone knows he hasn't signed anything. They've only "agreed with the terms" of a deal. Working on the verbiage of the deal
Old 03-21-2013   #1812
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans don't say anything until the ink hits the paper.

I think everyone knows he hasn't signed anything. They've only "agreed with the terms" of a deal. Working on the verbiage of the deal
There's also a chance that he backs out and signs somewhere else, like Baltimore...

It's rare that a player would do that, but it has happened before.
Old 03-21-2013   #1813
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's also a chance that he backs out and signs somewhere else, like Baltimore...

Really? Wow. Can you provide an example? I would love to hear who has made an agreement and then backed out?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1814
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Really? Wow. Can you provide an example? I would love to hear who has made an agreement and then backed out?
Arian Foster!
agreed with Chicago on one year deal but the Texans lured him away with a 2 year deal.
Old 03-21-2013   #1815
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:

Quote:
The 1st that comes to my mind

Quote:
free-agent wide receiver Az-Zahir Hakim on Friday afternoon backed out of a contract agreement with the Kansas City Chiefs, a deal that would have reunited him with head coach Dick Vermeil.
Old 03-21-2013   #1816
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

At his age the third year could be a team option with heavy money in first two + bonus to get him to sign. Either way this coud be a hit to cap.
Old 03-21-2013   #1817
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Arian Foster!
agreed with Chicago on one year deal but the Texans lured him away with a 2 year deal.
Got a link for that. I don't remember there ever being an agreement in place with the Bears. They offered their deal, we offered ours and he chose us
Old 03-21-2013   #1818
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Arian Foster!

Quote:
Got a link for that. I don't remember there ever being an agreement in place with the Bears. They offered their deal, we offered ours and he chose us
That was my thought as well. I was under the impression that Chicago offered a 1 yr deal whereas Htown offered him a 2 year deal because they really wanted him. If memory serves, didn't the team also sign Jeremiah Johnson that year as an UDFA as well?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1819
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't like the guy...but DO respect him as an athlete. Welcome aboard "Broke jaw". Looks like Flacco's over rated (and now over paid) ass getting that disproportionate contract will be to our advantage. I hope the referees don't start treating him differently because he's a Texan now.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1820
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That was my thought as well. I was under the impression that Chicago offered a 1 yr deal whereas Htown offered him a 2 year deal because they really wanted him. If memory serves, didn't the team also sign Jeremiah Johnson that year as an UDFA as well?
Yes. I really thought Jeremiah was going to be a good player for us, too.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read