Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2013   #81
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans agree to terms with CB McCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Unless I missed something last I checked Demps is a free agent still and not part of the Texans roster.
He still needs to go.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #82
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I'm not so sure he's gone. Right now the Texans have Manning, Reed, Demps, and Keo as their Safeties with Pleasant on the PS. If they draft a Safety, and I expect them to, that will give them 6 on the roster for 4 or possibly 5 spots. That 4th, and possibly 5th, spot could come down to who plays the best Special Teams. Also, Pleasant could be stashed on the PS again. Remember, Keo stuck last year when a lot thought he would be cut, so I'm thinking VJ or Marciano must like him for some reason.
Pleasant was brought up to the active roster late in the season.
So he's on the team... until and if he's waived.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #83
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
He still needs to go.
Let's resign Demps without signing bonus nor guaranteed money and then cut him again just for kick! lOL
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #84
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
No surprise on McCain having a bad rating. It was obvious at times this past season that he was struggling even in the slot position & not playing nearly as well as he did in 2011. So somebody's silly assumption that it was just my "THOUGHT" can now see it was FACT. Watching a game or 2 & doing a little research can go a long way. Just a THOUGHT. Lol!

The penalties is the area for concern w/ Harris IMO. He did seem to get untimely penalties that were costly. I believe that is something that can be fixed. Harris played aggressive & made plays on the ball & that is what got him on occasion. With additional playing time I think the penalties improve because he can learn what he can & cannot get away w/ the refs. That type of knowledge is primarily gained by being on the field. Most know that cb's have to get physical, but they have to know the limits or be penalized...that's Harris' problem IMO. I liked how he played physical & was normally in position to make plays on the ball. He showed some decent awareness by normally being in the area to make a play & was effective at times against the likes of Welker & Wayne. Those are some qualities that eluded both McCain & Kareem early in their careers.

As I said before, writing Harris off as a bust after only 2 seasons w/ very limited playing time is shortsighted & foolish IMO. With the "2 seasons & done" thought process, McCain shouldn't even be talked today because according to some of y'all he, & KJ for that matter, should've been deemed busts & gone by now. Once again, a double standard that makes absolutely zero sense IMO.
LOL! can't wait till I have time to respond to this.
Old 03-21-2013   #85
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Let's resign Demps without signing bonus nor guaranteed money and then cut him again just for kick! lOL
LOL you guys are harsh! Granted I think I would have entertained similar thoughts last season. It's one thing to get burnt due to lack of skill. It's another to get burnt because of repeated mental lapses because you keep biting on fakes over...and over...and over
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #86
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
LOL! can't wait till I have time to respond to this.
Yippy!!! I can't wait! Your posts are always so insightful & entertaining. Lol!

Besides, what makes you think that post had anything to do w/ you? Play nice. Lol!
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #87
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

The entire secondary struggled last year when cushing went out. In this day and age, you need 3 or 4 quality cbs. Mccain was missed big time last year when hurt because he went down when cushing went down. The pass rush was suspect also and it hurt everyone even jjo. Now they have a ball hawk at safety and now they will have 4 cbs with experience.
Old 03-22-2013   #88
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
The entire secondary struggled last year when cushing went out. In this day and age, you need 3 or 4 quality cbs. Mccain was missed big time last year when hurt because he went down when cushing went down. The pass rush was suspect also and it hurt everyone even jjo. Now they have a ball hawk at safety and now they will have 4 cbs with experience.
Huh and what? Cushing went down against the Jets in week 5...McCain didn't go out til week 13 against the Titans. You must mean that he was out while Cush was out. McCain was missed while he was on the field because he was playing bad. So yeah he was missed...the 2011 version of him.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #89
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
You're spot on about the pass rush. It needs to be addressed big time. Watt was superb and Smith was very solid but we got little to nothing from everyone else. With teams scheming to stop Watt other guys should have been freed up to make plays and it didn't happen.

We'll continue to struggle against the top QBs until we ramp up our pass rush. The Giants have owned the Pats I recent years with a rather pedestrian secondary and a fearsome pass rush. The blueprint is out there we just need to follow it.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #90
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
You're spot on about the pass rush. It needs to be addressed big time. Watt was superb and Smith was very solid but we got little to nothing from everyone else. With teams scheming to stop Watt other guys should have been freed up to make plays and it didn't happen.

We'll continue to struggle against the top QBs until we ramp up our pass rush. The Giants have owned the Pats I recent years with a rather pedestrian secondary and a fearsome pass rush. The blueprint is out there we just need to follow it.
This is exactly what I have been saying. There will be good WR's available with our second and third round picks. In the first we have to get D front seven guys that can get to the QB.
Old 03-22-2013   #91
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 122409 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is exactly what I have been saying. There will be good WR's available with our second and third round picks. In the first we have to get D front seven guys that can get to the QB.
Especially now that i think QBs wont look deep on us as much with reed back there. Meaning QBs will hold the ball for less time then they were.

BUT with that said i think we need to help the offense out, especially the WR corp.
Old 03-23-2013   #92
greekdbag
Veteran

Rep Power: 1796 greekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with you. But I'd also be okay with them taking a receiver in the first and then trading up for a pass rushing big nasty in the 2nd.
greekdbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013   #93
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekdbag View Post
I agree with you. But I'd also be okay with them taking a receiver in the first and then trading up for a pass rushing big nasty in the 2nd.
I'd love to see a good WR in the first and Jamie Collins in the second. Collins is going to be good
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013   #94
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
I'd love to see a good WR in the first and Jamie Collins in the second. Collins is going to be good
It really depends on who is there & who may be within our reach later. If there's only one outside pass rusher available & 5 WR of equal talent, I'm taking that pass rusher, provided he fits what we are trying to do.

I like Newton as well, but I'm not opposed to picking up another tackle. While I don't see it as a need, the right guy will put this team on another level (I think).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read