Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013   #1781
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
He has started every game over the past 2 seasons....
IDK where people are getting this injury thing from...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3552/ed-reed
GP (Games Played)
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1782
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
He is an ICON, perhaps a GOAT at Safety. Wonderful guy and hard worker. Just not sure he is as good as he once was.
I don't think anyone is expecting him to be who he was. We signed the guy he is.

FYI, for all you Texans fans, here's a video from CSN Baltimore for their side of the story. I found it interesting what they said about the Texans
Old 03-21-2013   #1783
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
IDK where people are getting this injury thing from...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3552/ed-reed

He plays hurt.

It seems like he's always hurt. I'm sure that leads to sub-par play.

Another thing to consider, is if he has accepted the "fact" that this is his last deal, he may not play hurt from now on. He may go into "protect my body for life after football" mode for all we know.
Old 03-21-2013   #1784
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Where is everybody getting the idea that Reed is going to be effective roaming over the top? He was an OLB, and apparently they're converting him. Why? Has he done anything to suggest he knows what he's doing? This is a completely different role and people are just assuming he's going to flourish.

I'm not trying to argue. I legitimately want to know. Did Reed cover a lot more in college?
I dont even know how to respond to this post.

This is a football MB?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1785
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He plays hurt.

It seems like he's always hurt. I'm sure that leads to sub-par play.

Another thing to consider, is if he has accepted the "fact" that this is his last deal, he may not play hurt from now on. He may go into "protect my body for life after football" mode for all we know.
Hasn't missed a game in 2 yrs.

He could also be an all pro. You never know.
Old 03-21-2013   #1786
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Where is everybody getting the idea that Reed is going to be effective roaming over the top? He was an OLB, and apparently they're converting him. Why? Has he done anything to suggest he knows what he's doing? This is a completely different role and people are just assuming he's going to flourish.

I'm not trying to argue. I legitimately want to know. Did Reed cover a lot more in college?
Ed Reed....

Youre thinking of Brooks Reed, our OLB
Old 03-21-2013   #1787
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Hey, what happened to all the talk about firing Smith, Kubes, etc...? I thought Smith was inept! Not a good GM! What happened?

As for the contract (16 million over 3 years), I hope it doesn't mess up sigining Cush next year or Watt the year after. Anyone know if these figures are right and how much is guaranteed?
Lets see how the contract is set up before before singing Ricks praises.

Hopefully it's not a Schaub type contract. Where the bonus $$$$ is spread out = over the life of the contract.
Old 03-21-2013   #1788
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Lets see how the contract is set up before before singing Ricks praises.

Hopefully it's not a Schaub type contract. Where the bonus $$$$ is spread out = over the life of the contract.
Doubtful, I think he gets most of the money his 1st year since we have to resign Cush and Watt
Old 03-21-2013   #1789
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 249951 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get why some people are freaked out over the price.

Weren't we all hoping he'd be around 5.5 mil a year? For a 3 year deal, that works out to 16.5 million... which is less than what we're hearing. And at this point, we don't know how much of that is guaranteed and how the cap hit is distributed.

Although that's longer than I think Reed can be effective, players rarely see the ends of these kinds of deals.

Although Reed wasn't my first choice, I'm OK with what I'm hearing so far and I hope Reed proves me wrong about how much he's got in the tank. I'm cheering for him now.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1790
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 311961 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
If we go to the Superbowl, Reed will be sitting on the bench with a brace on his neck. Great player; NO durability.
Reed has started every game the past two seasons. Andre Johnson has missed more games the past two years, so I guess A.J. will be in a backbrace when the Texans go to the Super Bowl?
Old 03-21-2013   #1791
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Ed Reed....

Youre thinking of Brooks Reed, our OLB
Yeah...someone mentioned that earlier.

Complete fail on my part.
Old 03-21-2013   #1792
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89506 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Complete fail on my part.
Well yeah but it was good for a laugh. Dont feel bad man, and thanks.
Old 03-21-2013   #1793
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Excited about the leadership that he can bring. If he can help cultivate leadership with guys like Cushing & Watt, I'd like to see how it goes.

No question that he's lost a step or two, but building a cohesive unit on defense is so much more important for us at this stage of our franchise.

$ .02

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1794
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Why has nothing been made official yet?
Old 03-21-2013   #1795
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 79870 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like Roc Carmichael will be getting punked out of his jersey number.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1796
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I was against signing him but I will say that his personality and leadership is exactly what this team needs. One look at those HS letter jackets and Reed would have put a stop to that nonsense.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1797
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Not a chance he signs with Houston.
Had to do it.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1798
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope this is more like when Drexler came to Houston to play with Olajuwon and not like when Scottie Pippen came to Houston to play with Barkley.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1799
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why does it say 2 years on NFL.com?

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000152356/
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #1800
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN keeps reporting it's a 2-year deal, not a 3-year deal. FWIW.

Also, and this is something nobody else has mentioned:

In terms of what fans think of this move....let's look at it from another perspective for a second. If you're the QB of the Jaguars or the Titans, even Andrew "God" Luck himself, or really any of the other QBs we'll face in 2013, upon learning today that the Texans have Ed Reed at Safety rather than Glover Quin, do you think those coaches, those o-coordinators, and the QBs of those teams we'll face in 2013 were saying "Alright! AWESOME! Whew, great news for us!" or were they saying "Well, we're going to have to work a lot harder at diagnosing coverages now."

Which reaction do you think would be the more likely reaction by our opponents? I happen to think the opponents, especially our divisional rivals, are not as skeptical of this signing as some of us might be.

Fans are not calculating the inherent psychological factor involved here. And look, if Ed Reed gets torched Faggins style in 2013, right out of the gate, then the mystique is gone and we'll be toast. BUT...if Wade and his healthy defense can start the season with radical back-to-form domination, with Ed Reed making coverage plays on defense, then I think it will provide a psychological boost to us and a psychological anxiety attack for opposing teams the rest of the way.

Not saying this is Best Move Ever! or anything, just putting it into a different perspective. I think our divisional rival QBs did not want us signing Ed Reed. Glover Quin? Meh, no big deal...but Ed? Ed is Ed. And whether it stays typical Ed or not, that remains to be seen.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read