Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-20-2013   #21
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shane Lechler to visit Texans

Hopefully we get him. Maybe kicking indoors for half the year will give him an added boost?

Special teams were killer last year. Moreso with returns than kicks/punts but overall bad.

Hey wait, why does Joe Marciano have a job still?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #22
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55057 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: P Shane Lechler to visit Texans Thursday

My bizzle.
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #23
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouSportsWriter View Post
I would rather get a amazing kicker. I like the idea of bringing in Shane, but I think it sends a bad message. I think we have a good punter. I would rather have seven points or even three then none at all.
Getting the best available player you can sends a bad message? That's just asinine thinking.

ST is 1/3 of the game and it's the third that we were the WORST at. Get the best guys you can and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #24
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

We are going to be the nursing home of the NFL...
Old 03-20-2013   #25
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouSportsWriter View Post
I would rather get a amazing kicker. I like the idea of bringing in Shane, but I think it sends a bad message. I think we have a good punter. I would rather have seven points or even three then none at all.
Jones was a below average punter.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #26
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279 View Post
I want Lechler. Hopefully will come home and play for us at a discount.
or the Aggie discount....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #27
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
We are going to be the nursing home of the NFL...
why is that? Every Super Bowl caliber team has their fair share of good veterans on their team...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #28
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 232779 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Jones was a below average punter.
I disagree. He was actually rated at the top of the league in 2012 by PFF. Now the top guys are all pretty close. Point in case: put Lechler next to Jones in 2012 and they're numbers are +/- the same.

Code:
#	Name	Team		Rating	No.	Yards	LG	Avg.	Max.HT	% Ret.	BK	TB	OB	Dn	FC	Ret	RetYds	In 20	Net Yds
1 Donnie Jones	HST		32.5	88	4150	66	47.2	5.30	54.5	0	5	10	10	15	48	483	29	40.5

14 Shane Lechler	OAK	18.6	81	3826	68	47.2	5.50	55.6	1	9	4	7	16	45	450	24	39.5
Sign whoever is cheapest, imo.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #29
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I disagree. He was actually rated at the top of the league in 2012 by PFF. Now the top guys are all pretty close. Point in case: put Lechler next to Jones in 2012 and they're numbers are +/- the same.

Code:
#	Name	Team		Rating	No.	Yards	LG	Avg.	Max.HT	% Ret.	BK	TB	OB	Dn	FC	Ret	RetYds	In 20	Net Yds
1 Donnie Jones	HST		32.5	88	4150	66	47.2	5.30	54.5	0	5	10	10	15	48	483	29	40.5

14 Shane Lechler	OAK	18.6	81	3826	68	47.2	5.50	55.6	1	9	4	7	16	45	450	24	39.5
Sign whoever is cheapest, imo.
14/32 in punt average, tied for 13(with 4 others) inside 20. Maybe not below average, but average.

I advocate drafting a punter instead of signing either of them.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #30
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Whats wrong with Donnie Jones? I thought he did a great job last year.

Hitman Hartman? What happened to that dude? He had a damn cannon, loved his kickoffs.
Old 03-20-2013   #31
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post

Hitman Hartman? What happened to that dude? He had a damn cannon, loved his kickoffs.
Isnt he suing the Texans for the leg injury?
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #32
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Yes he is. He is persona non grata.
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: Shane Lechler to visit Texans
What??? Ray Guy wasn't available?

Kidding aside, Ray Guy and arguably Lechler are among the two greatest punters in the NFL. That said Donnie Jones did a fine job (and by a fine job, I mean good enough to NOT spend anymore money on that position).
Old 03-20-2013   #34
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

We don't need an over priced old FA punter. We can get one late in the draft that will stay with the team for the next 10-15 yrs. or just keep Jones who was decent last season.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #35
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
He is suing the agency that operates Reliant Stadium, not the Texans.
Old 03-20-2013   #36
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
What??? Ray Guy wasn't available?

Kidding aside, Ray Guy and arguably Lechler are among the two greatest punters in the NFL. That said Donnie Jones did a fine job (and by a fine job, I mean good enough to NOT spend anymore money on that position).
I think Jones is a FA, so you will spend $$$ on that position anyway. Maybe Jones is asking for more money or a longer contract that the Texans are willing to give.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #37
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey maybe Ed Reed can punt? After all some of y'all don't wanna spend money on a punter and we have none under contract right now. 2 birds 1 stone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #38
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

We should launch a Twitter campaign like we did for Bodden. Just to confuse the hell out of the guy.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #39
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
We should launch a Twitter campaign like we did for Bodden. Just to confuse the hell out of the guy.
Ha ha, now, now, be nice. After all, we are Texans' worthy fans!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #40
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post

Hartman has since required MULTIPLE knee surgeries..........his career for that reason alone is considered over.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read